Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2018, 09:41 PM   #61
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
"Not our friends." As if being fans of a band makes people a unified block with some sort of common agenda. Christ, I've never visited that Facebook page, but it looks as cultish as people say it is.
Lol no alt-nation or blast echo... Come on, just cause of the D'arcy scoops?

Corgan fans are the weirdest.

Old 11-11-2018, 09:46 PM   #62
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonumentsRocks View Post
You want to know the truth? A forum where people use their real names and identities carries a fuck ton more weight than an anonymous forum with anonymous posters. Netphoria with ten thousand members is ultimately less legitimate than a facebook forum with a few dozen real people, because anything they say and do attaches to a real person, not some online bullshit persona such as my own.
Ehhhh, most of the core posters here have been pretty forward about their identities.

And really, it's just discussing opinions about a band. What kind of weight is there that is vindicated by using your real name? Not to mention that there's a ton of fake accounts and people that don't use their real name on facebook either.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:16 AM   #63
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

I watched this yesterday. I knew most of it, though I had never heard that Corgan referred to Anderson Cooper as a “globalist shill” before. Wow. I guess now we know why Bill loves Trump and Alex Jones so much.

Old 11-12-2018, 12:25 PM   #64
laradelocke
Apocalyptic Poster

awh man can't wait til everyone has left the office for lunch so i can watch this sheeeeet

Old 11-12-2018, 12:45 PM   #65
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laradelocke View Post
awh man can't wait til everyone has left the office for lunch so i can watch this sheeeeet
why wait?

gather everyone around. i'm sure they would appreciate the truth, no matter how dark, about our lord and savior.

Old 11-12-2018, 12:52 PM   #66
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

every 1 gatha round yo SONS

Old 11-12-2018, 01:31 PM   #67
great poster
Apocalyptic Poster

alex jones..... and trump...... yea, im gonna give this vid a pass

Old 11-12-2018, 10:26 PM   #68
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Ehhhh, most of the core posters here have been pretty forward about their identities.

And really, it's just discussing opinions about a band. What kind of weight is there that is vindicated by using your real name? Not to mention that there's a ton of fake accounts and people that don't use their real name on facebook either.
There's absolutely no comparison. Two or three people out of hundreds very occasionaly revealing some aspect of their IRL selves doesn't even come close to comparing to the real face/real name exposure that is Facebook's default. Creating a new Netphoria account is very easy, throwaway usernames are easy to think up, while maintaining many distinct facebook accounts that are supposed to represent real people is not nearly as trivial.

The reason Netphoria hates Sad Machines so much is because it's people whose real names are known, saying and doing things that involves some real personal investment. Think about it, if they were all using anonymous pseudonyms, nobody would care what they're saying or doing. Their names are out there in relation to internet feuds, it could harm future job prospects, or embarrass them among friend or family who might have thought more highly of them otherwise. Why they choose to do this, I can't say, but with greater risk comes greater reward.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:29 PM   #69
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
There's absolutely no comparison. Two or three people out of hundreds very occasionaly revealing some aspect of their IRL selves doesn't even come close to comparing to the real face/real name exposure that is Facebook's default. Creating a new Netphoria account is very easy, throwaway usernames are easy to think up, while maintaining many distinct facebook accounts that are supposed to represent real people is not nearly as trivial.

The reason Netphoria hates Sad Machines so much is because it's made of people whose real names are out there. Think about it, if they were all using anonymous pseudonyms, nobody would care what they're saying or doing.
I seriously think you might have a tumor. Please get a head scan

Old 11-12-2018, 10:32 PM   #70
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I mean Fuzzyroes just explained something to you logically. You should seriously worry about your future.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:51 PM   #71
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

What is with the paws hate? I thought that was one of the best things Bill has done in 20 years.

Old 11-13-2018, 12:58 AM   #72
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Question

Quote:
The reason Netphoria hates Sad Machines so much is because it's people whose real names are known, saying and doing things that involves some real personal investment.... but with greater risk comes greater reward.
that is not the reason. and more importantly, what reward??

Old 11-13-2018, 01:13 AM   #73
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
what reward??
regard

Old 11-13-2018, 04:54 AM   #74
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

lol ok