Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2007, 01:29 AM   #211
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcyismybass
Nice Beatles Tie-in. Also, I completely agree.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:29 AM   #212
exactlythesame
Minion of Satan

Location: I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas78
There is just too much history and material from the original line-up to just let the new incarnation of the band set in right now. When I see the new video clips I kind of feel empty and I know Billy wishes James and D'arcy were out there instead those cardboard cut-outs. I'm down with all the new stuff to a degree. All I have to say is that ain't the Pumpkins on that stage. Its just Billy and Jimmy playing their songs with a little help from their friends.
I want a custom title.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:33 AM   #213
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
There is just too much history and material from the original line-up to just let the new incarnation of the band set in right now. When I see the new video clips I kind of feel empty and I know Billy wishes James and D'arcy were out there instead those cardboard cut-outs. I'm down with all the new stuff to a degree. All I have to say is that ain't the Pumpkins on that stage. Its just Billy and Jimmy playing their songs with a little help from their friends.

See I would feel much better if Billy would just say "hey you know TSP is like NIN, it's me a nd JImmy from now on", but this trying to pretend this is really band is what's bugging me. Like we're not going to notice. I feel like billy is yet again just fucking with us for no reason.

Also yes the band is new and is going to look awkward, but come on dressing up like that just made it stand out more. Nervous awkward people dressed like idiots, just a bad fucking idea.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:34 AM   #214
Rider
Minion of Satan

Waits for someone to run in her ccalling me names.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:36 AM   #215
theeggofhope
Banned

Quote:
It is the Pumpkins...and they rock....please try to get over it, and get in touch with the now, try to enjoy these new moments as they unflod, and embrace the future...
the PUMPKINS are Back!!!!
and they rock!!!

Old 05-24-2007, 01:40 AM   #216
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theeggofhope
It is the Pumpkins...and they rock....please try to get over it, and get in touch with the now, try to enjoy these new moments as they unflod, and embrace the future...
and they rock!!!
See why do you guys have to be so dismissive of evertythign others say. It's fucking annoying. He makes a real post and you post what amounts to "BILLY ROCKS YOU LOSER".

Old 05-24-2007, 01:45 AM   #217
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
and they rock!!!

I said I was down with the new stuff. You have to really listen to the new live stuff to know what I'm talking about. His voice sounds forced in alot of songs. He's trying to actually sing and it sounds like he's upset at the same time. There are many parts of those songs where he should screaming and snarling and he ain't. He should at least give us that much I say. You want to rock us into dust? psssst...snot happening pals. And fuck all that "Oh, Billy can do what he wants with his band" or "just be happy their back" bullshit. They are going to have try a little harder.

It's called TUFF LOVE

Old 05-24-2007, 01:54 AM   #218
theeggofhope
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider
See why do you guys have to be so dismissive of evertythign others say. It's fucking annoying. He makes a real post and you post what amounts to "BILLY ROCKS YOU LOSER".
i didn't call him a loser....stop putting words in my posts...

Old 05-24-2007, 02:00 AM   #219
theeggofhope
Banned

Quote:
I said I was down with the new stuff. You have to really listen to the new live stuff to know what I'm talking about. His voice sounds forced in alot of songs. He's trying to actually sing and it sounds like he's upset at the same time. There are many parts of those songs where he should screaming and snarling and he ain't. He should at least give us that much I say. You want to rock us into dust? psssst...snot happening pals. And fuck all that "Oh, Billy can do what he wants with his band" or "just be happy their back" bullshit. They are going to have try a little harder.

It's called TUFF LOVE
maybe...but I think a lot of the people on this board are set in their thinking that "if its not James and D'arcy then fuck it!!"
they aren't even willing to give the band a chance, they've been trying to dismiss them before they ever even took the stage....
I wasn't at the concert, but from what I've seen and Heard they sounded great, they rocked out at parts and even sounded better IMO than the pumpkins did the last time they were actually all together....
if you don't connect with Billy's/the pumpkins music now, I don't expect you to try and choke it down, but I am very much enjoying what is happening now....there is so much crap music on the radio and there are so many soulless whore out there making music for all the wrong reasons....
I just believe in what billy has done and is still trying to do...
I'm not trying to discredit your opinion or say I'm right and you're wrong....
its just for me, this is the pumpkins.....

Old 05-24-2007, 02:04 AM   #220
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
if you don't connect with Billy's/the pumpkins music now, I don't expect you to try and choke it down,

I'm not trying to discredit your opinion or say I'm right and you're wrong....
its just for me, this is the pumpkins.....
You did exactly this a few posts back.

Quote:
and they rock!!!
What exactly are you saying with the phrase get over it. You are discrediting him.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:16 AM   #221
theeggofhope
Banned

Quote:
What exactly are you saying with the phrase get over it. You are discrediting him.
I didn't know the words "get over it" menat "your opinion doesn't mean shit to me", its amazing the english language is funny that way, where two sets of words that aren't anything alike can be taken to mean the same thing...

no I'm not discrediting his opinion...I'm telling him to get over it....Billy is not gonna change the band based upon this one person's opinion...he can either enjoy the pumpkins now or not, it is his choice....

I'm just trying to help a brother out....no use crying over spilled milk...

Old 05-24-2007, 02:18 AM   #222
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I didn't know the words "get over it" menat "your opinion doesn't mean shit to me", its amazing the english language is funny that way, where two sets of words that aren't anything alike can be taken to mean the same thing...

no I'm not discrediting his opinion...I'm telling him to get over it....Billy is not gonna change the band based upon this one person's opinion...he can either enjoy the pumpkins now or not, it is his choice....

I'm just trying to help a brother out....no use crying over spilled milk...
Whatever you blew him off, made a stupid post and are now trying to back track.

You know what it's like trying to have a conversationa and be told over and over again "shut up they rock get over it."

You blew him off and contributed nothing.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:20 AM   #223
theeggofhope
Banned

THE GREAT AND POWERFUL OZ HAS SPOKEN!!!!

listen if I could sleep I wouldn't even be on here answering your worthless posts, with more worthless posts of my own, I don't know what your problem is with me, but I'm sorry your heart is so full of hate towards me...

maybe you should go listen to Tarantula again so that Billy can burn the hatred and lies off of your soul...

Old 05-24-2007, 02:24 AM   #224
Rider
Minion of Satan

See here we go with the name calling shit again. Once you aproach them with logic, they just go insane.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:25 AM   #225
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

god will someone make an o board so netphoria can find peace

Old 05-24-2007, 02:27 AM   #226
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious
I just love the patern. They all have done the same exact sequence of events for the past 24 hours. Confront them on what they say and they just deny it, Then make a logical agument and they got nuts calling you names. It's basically just something to do while I'm bored at this point.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:30 AM   #227
murgle
Shaz doesn't fuck around.

Quote:
See I would feel much better if Billy would just say "hey you know TSP is like NIN, it's me a nd JImmy from now on", but this trying to pretend this is really band is what's bugging me. Like we're not going to notice. I feel like billy is yet again just fucking with us for no reason.

And also. Seriously. They expect Netphoria, of all fucking places, to be all happy-slappy drooling fan-boy? Jesus christ, go somewhere other than a place called "hatephoria" for all of this babbling bullshit.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:30 AM   #228
MisterSquishyHalo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactlythesame
I want a custom title.

Chip in 5 bucks and you get rid of the obnoxious ads too.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:47 AM   #229
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
if you don't connect with Billy's/the pumpkins music now, I don't expect you to try and choke it down, but I am very much enjoying what is happening now..

I'll always connect with what Billy's doing. You're missing the point. This is good old fashioned constructive criticism. You would have to be ignorant to think that every person should think the same as you do. I love and enjoy everything Billy has put out so far. Some things could have been done better, but hey, everyones human. Even the Bill man himself. That doesn't mean I can't speak my mind about things. I feel that this thing was overblown with hype from Bill. Even though he's been very tight lipped about most of the new album until now, he's made it clear that we would be in for surprises and was making alot of his die hard fans (me being one of them) think that there could still be hope for a full reunion. In the end, James stole Billy's thunder by speaking out and ruined it for a lot of people. Which is fine. It is what it is. I just would of like to at least got my bullshit served to me when the curtains rose instead of knowing my dreams would be crushed ahead of time.

With that being said, I am giving myself a chance to warm up to this new sp. You see, it's kind of hard for a fan to let go of something as special as Billy, Jimmy, James, and D'arcy. It's not like AC/DC where Brian Johnson stepped in and just reinvented the whole thing and dominated the band with hit after hit. We'll just to wait and see.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:51 AM   #230
fluxequalsrad
Apocalyptic Poster

james+d'arcy SP struck a chord with the siamse dream + early MCIS tour that has been etched in the hearts of fans ever since. What is b0lly suppose to do.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:59 AM   #231
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious

Old 05-24-2007, 06:29 AM   #232
A100
Demi-God

Quote:
I just love the patern. They all have done the same exact sequence of events for the past 24 hours. Confront them on what they say and they just deny it, Then make a logical agument and they got nuts calling you names. It's basically just something to do while I'm bored at this point.

man i was really thinking the same thing.