Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2021, 12:56 PM   #31
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

I'm still waiting for more toase doodles, myself.

Old 02-12-2021, 04:19 PM   #32
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

What did i just say?

Gina Carano just got a movie deal from a right wing movie studio.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/gina-...b6741597e1ba31

Old 02-12-2021, 08:35 PM   #33
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
Baby Yoda show is good. Multiple new TV series coming out starting late this year. More movies are in pre production.

Disney will take all your monies!

A copy of Trevorrow's abandoned Episode 9 script has leaked... and it sounds way better than the trash fire that was released two years ago.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...lin-trevorrow/
That script would have been better for Hux committing seppuku with Mace Windu's lightsaber while losing the second battle of Coruscant alone

Rise of Skywalker is worse than the prequels. What they did was snip-snap-snip-snap like when Michael Scott details how he reversed his vasectomy multiple times

Last edited by killtrocity : 02-12-2021 at 08:46 PM.

Old 02-12-2021, 08:46 PM   #34
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
I expect her next acting gig will be staring in "God's Not Dead 4" with Kirk Cameron and Kevin Sorbo.
I wrote like a 4 page essay about why God's Not Dead is a shit-ass garbage-ass film if you want me to post it here

Old 02-12-2021, 09:56 PM   #35
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
I wrote like a 4 page essay about why God's Not Dead is a shit-ass garbage-ass film if you want me to post it here
we do need content

Old 02-12-2021, 10:21 PM   #36
Andy /

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
I didn’t think it was possible for a Star Wars movie to be worse than Attack of the Clones, but RoS was.
let's not get carried away here.

Old 02-12-2021, 10:27 PM   #37
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

when i was a kid i imaged the clone wars mentioned in the first SW movie to have involved jedi fighting clones of themselves. I don't know why I thought that.... but for some reason at 6 years old my mind went to a weird place and I thought it must have been like Bizarro superman or something. And Obi Wan had to fight an evil clone of himself...

Old 02-13-2021, 01:02 PM   #38
bright_doom
Ownz

Star Wars was a mistake.

Old 02-13-2021, 07:07 PM   #39
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Also thought the snes Star Wars games were pretty sick, if a bit cheaply difficult
All three of those things were white hot.

Immediate PTSD after thinking about this boss in the first one - you had your plasma blaster, all was going super smoothly... then some bogus glitch crap and you're back to skinny lame blaster and life is ROUGH:

Old 02-14-2021, 03:48 PM   #40
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Those games are specifically hard because Blockbuster game rentals were so prevalent. Developers just turned up the difficulty dial to 10 so that's you couldn't beat it in a weekend.

To this day I have no fucking clue how a person can be reasonably expected to get past Hoth in Empire Strikes back or past the Death Star in the original one. Return of the Jedi was much much easier after they apparently figured out wtf they had committed.

Old 02-14-2021, 04:28 PM   #41
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Never thought about it through that lens - I wonder if that's a major factor as to why games were a lot harder then than they are now. Because, man - some of those things back then were just SO brutal.

Saw a post recently with a vintage Kay Bee toys ad and was amazed that the high end SNES Games were $69 or $74.99 back in the early 90s. So weird how video games are one thing that have somehow completely managed to evade inflation/price changes.

Old 02-24-2021, 10:29 AM   #42
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Toys R Us 1980. I remember that they had an entire aisle of SW toys.

Old 02-24-2021, 01:34 PM   #43
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Not a single child in this video... Just lots of Gen X 20-30ish year olds. Lots of bad looking goatees. This was May 3rd, 1999. Toys came out around 3 weeks prior to the film. But I think Burger King and Pepsi started their Episode 1 merchandising in April.

Burger King offered mini action figures. And Pepsi had collectible character cans that people went nuts for. I was doing business with Pepsi at the time and they gave me a complete set of the character cans (empty) in a specially logo'd cardboard display case before they were available in Stores. I saw someone else selling it on Ebay at one point for $1k. But I had thrown it out when i split up with my Ex so i never got to sell it.

Old 02-24-2021, 05:58 PM   #44
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

There were actually two Ep. I toys released much earlier iirc to stir up attention: the battle droid action figure with STAP and Panaka’s Naboo land speeder from the action series

Old 02-24-2021, 06:15 PM   #45
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I saw Ep 1 before it was released at a special screening in Detroit. I mostly liked it at the time. I was active on theforce.net bulletin boards back then and by Memorial day there was an online flame war underway about whether Ep 1 was shit. Which kind of soured me to it as well for a long time. Now... I am not hating it. I kind of like it again.

I didn't realize it at the time, but it was a precursor of the current star wars bro online culture that is all over every social media platform now. It's completely toxic, with hatred aimed today at Kathleen Kennedy and any woman or person of color that's part of current Lucasfilm projects.

One of the few SW podcasts i could even tolerate over the past 5 years shut down because the two women hosting it were trolled, stalked, threatened, and driven off line by Star Wars bros who couldn't handle any women having positive takes on things characters like Rey, Finn, Rose, or any of the sequel trilogy films.

Old 02-24-2021, 07:45 PM   #46
MeAndMyLlama

It's generally agreed that Star Wars hasn't produced a good film since 1980, right? Return of the Jedi has it's moments but it's pretty weak overall. Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher both look like they don't want to be there. The prequels are doo-doo. The sequel trilogy had no planning, no vision. Just directionless, overlong slogs. I don't give a fuck about any of the spinoffs. So don't go telling me Rogue One is good ackshully.

Why do people still care about Star Wars?

Old 02-24-2021, 08:11 PM   #47
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I liked Rogue One. The Clone Wars was good. The Mandalorian is good. Looking forward to pretty much all the upcoming Disney Plus programming.

My nephews were kids when the prequels came out and they think they're amazing, and they think the original trilogy is bad.

it's generational. Kids today will look back at the sequels in 30 years the way GenX views the OT today.