Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > Music News and Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2017, 12:02 AM   #1471
Ram27
dumb

i made this

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0AIcxUISp0Q

recorded all the instruments (on an iphone lol) even though i can't really play guitar

Old 09-04-2017, 02:36 PM   #1472
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Introducing my new experimental music/visual project HΞX∆GR∆M

I've been using Instagram at the moment to share pieces or "moments" of music with a full release planned for later this year. I do plan on posting these pieces on YouTube as well. I started producing back in 1999 and began releasing music under the name Neorev in the 2003. Neorev was a much more aggressive electronic style, inspired by acts like The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, Leftfield, Underworld, etc. With this project, I wanted to do something very different. I always wanted to get into score work, creating music for film and/or video games. I figure this project would kill two birds with one stone. Share some new music while also building up a portfolio of visual pieces accompanied by my work. I have already posted several pieces with plenty of more to come.

hęr wąvę§ çąrry mę ąwąy
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYCxwhDB8Jb/

Last edited by MyKeyZ : 09-04-2017 at 02:42 PM.

Old 09-21-2017, 05:11 PM   #1473
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Well holy fucking hell my band Mine finally is dropping our debut album Smoke Eater. I played bass and recorded it. We've worked really hard on it for some time and we're proud of this little record.

https://mineminemine.bandcamp.com/

Putting out le vinyls next month for people who care about that shit.

Old 09-21-2017, 05:32 PM   #1474
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
Well holy fucking hell my band Mine finally is dropping our debut album Smoke Eater. I played bass and recorded it. We've worked really hard on it for some time and we're proud of this little record.

https://mineminemine.bandcamp.com/

Putting out le vinyls next month for people who care about that shit.
Excellent! Mastered by John too...one of the most savvy engineers around. Will keep eyes out for the next show.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:38 PM   #1475
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLoren View Post
Here's my first real step into the industrial world. Thoughts on this? I'd love the feedback.

lol wtf. you've got the production chops but you need to get weirder.

Old 09-23-2017, 12:48 PM   #1476
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
Excellent! Mastered by John too...one of the most savvy engineers around. Will keep eyes out for the next show.
Thanks! John's a good guy. Crazy mic collection.

Yeah' we have some stuff coming up in October.

Old 09-23-2017, 06:38 PM   #1477
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Oh hello there our album on Spotify
https://open.spotify.com/album/23Sxab2gIkYJDuxzkQ78cN

Old 10-09-2017, 06:34 PM   #1478
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

track from our latest EP

Last edited by Mals Marola : 10-09-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Old 10-23-2017, 09:34 AM   #1479
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Video for a new Curiously Strong Peppermints track "Duck, Duck, Gray Duck".

Old 10-31-2017, 04:36 PM   #1480
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

OK, dropping the new Curiously Strong Peppermints album. Really proud of it, worked on it over the last two years.

https://cspm.bandcamp.com/album/joyous
Got limited edition cassettes if you like those things.

Old 11-04-2017, 11:14 PM   #1481
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKeyZ View Post
Introducing my new experimental music/visual project HΞX∆GR∆M

I've been using Instagram at the moment to share pieces or "moments" of music with a full release planned for later this year. I do plan on posting these pieces on YouTube as well. I started producing back in 1999 and began releasing music under the name Neorev in the 2003. Neorev was a much more aggressive electronic style, inspired by acts like The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, Leftfield, Underworld, etc. With this project, I wanted to do something very different. I always wanted to get into score work, creating music for film and/or video games. I figure this project would kill two birds with one stone. Share some new music while also building up a portfolio of visual pieces accompanied by my work. I have already posted several pieces with plenty of more to come.

hęr wąvę§ çąrry mę ąwąy
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYCxwhDB8Jb/

love it.

i also like the musical giphy like vid where you can't skip through it. very effective...i kinda like that over a typical youtube vid.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:14 PM   #1482
House of Bread
FKA Siamese33

We finished this a few months ago.

Edit: Meeting with label dudes tomorrow, hoping for a spring release. Very proud of this one.

Last edited by House of Bread : 01-19-2018 at 07:36 PM.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:17 PM   #1483
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

2 covers + 10 originals, all recorded in the venerable month of October

Old 11-25-2017, 08:30 PM   #1484
The Omega Concern
Banned

oh damnnn....gimme more of this Dub Outro.

that's real impressive overall Mals Marola. I can't put my finger on the influence of your singer, which is kind of a backhanded compliment; whomever i could name i wouldn't want to suggest he's copying anybody. well done mates...that Dub Outro though, gotta get me some more of that.

Old 11-26-2017, 04:29 AM   #1485
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

thank you Omega Concern

people are always trying to tell me i sound or look like someone. half the time i don't know them, but also most of the time it is not completely unflattering. but thank you for listening, we've done a few more that i suppose are somewhat like "Dub Outro" but really that was just sort of an on-the-spot thing we improvised to end the session. any opportunity to play the mini-moog is a welcome one for me

Old 11-26-2017, 12:14 PM   #1486
The Omega Concern
Banned

Old 12-13-2017, 06:06 PM   #1487
Elphenor
Braindead

lotta people play country here so I went ahead and taught myself how to country

Old 01-02-2018, 05:56 PM   #1488
cork_soaker
full of longing

Last edited by cork_soaker : 01-13-2018 at 01:10 PM.

Old 01-02-2018, 09:29 PM   #1489
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

yessssssssssssssssss

Old 01-03-2018, 02:41 AM   #1490
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i've listened to number two, then number one, then three (i figured that's the correct sequence).

number two i had a distaste for. i can't quite say why. i didn't like hearing distorted stock synth presets. it felt like it followed the same process of your other works, but the essence was missing. it didn't evoke any pictures, at least not for me. it was just there, absent. take that to mean what you want.

then i listened to number one. i really like it and think it's too short. but then i zoom out, and i actually love that it's short, cause you thought (i'm assuming) it's not to be long lived, and preferred to go with a bolder statement. the reverbration followed by pitch manipulation of various sorts created a beautifully unique instrument there. it's a voice, something that you'd made that is literally an instrument in and of itself. sometimes it sounds like a human voice, sometimes like a faded gregorian choir, sometimes like music played through a chamber, sometimes like a vibrating string that you can't tell if it was plucked or bowed.

then came my fav - number three. i loved straight off that you control your medium and mastered it so low. it's immediately much softer than the other two, like a whisper. it feels like communication, like getting the proper context from you even before you set out to begin making your statement. it sounds like standing in the prairie wind to me. sounds like iceland. i think it's one of your best works to date, for sure, and certainly an immediate fav for me. this is music that is so beautifully subtle and mild, and imo it's truly experimental and uncharted territory. one of the very last ones left - because everybody in this generation are about making seductive music, trying to appear attractive, make unforgettable impressions. this song is the dazzlingly beautiful and naive country girl in a room full of coke-snorting models.

it's just so soft and gentle and lulling, i love it. as i said about the other piece, it's way too short - but unlike the other one where i found it to be a good choice, here i think it definitely is not. this piece needs to be much longer. like, 12-13 minutes.

just take your time building your moods. you have such a gift for sound crafting and image evoking; let it play out. allow it to resonate. let the first part go on more, let me feel the wind and see the details. then start slowly bringing in the bells. the joint juncture there with both of them at the same time paints such a beautiful picture. then that's another few minutes. etc

not that i'm here to teach you how to make your own art - BUT, i think some of what bothered me about that first piece i didn't like (well, no.2, but who's counting) was that i felt it was kinda melodic in a way that felt unnatural to me. like it's deliberate, aimed at someone. from your recent pieces, i've been getting a bit of a feeling like you're more self conscious about not boring people. you careen through the scenes more quickly, as if to get to the point more quickly.

never do that. i'm here cause i like your brain, and i wanna see where it goes untethered. don't mind me, i'm just sitting around that corner listening. thank you for the music.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:42 AM   #1491
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Old 01-04-2018, 06:10 PM   #1492
cork_soaker
full of longing

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
i've listened to number two, then number one, then three (i figured that's the correct sequence).

number two i had a distaste for. i can't quite say why. i didn't like hearing distorted stock synth presets. it felt like it followed the same process of your other works, but the essence was missing. it didn't evoke any pictures, at least not for me. it was just there, absent. take that to mean what you want.

then i listened to number one. i really like it and think it's too short. but then i zoom out, and i actually love that it's short, cause you thought (i'm assuming) it's not to be long lived, and preferred to go with a bolder statement. the reverbration followed by pitch manipulation of various sorts created a beautifully unique instrument there. it's a voice, something that you'd made that is literally an instrument in and of itself. sometimes it sounds like a human voice, sometimes like a faded gregorian choir, sometimes like music played through a chamber, sometimes like a vibrating string that you can't tell if it was plucked or bowed.

then came my fav - number three. i loved straight off that you control your medium and mastered it so low. it's immediately much softer than the other two, like a whisper. it feels like communication, like getting the proper context from you even before you set out to begin making your statement. it sounds like standing in the prairie wind to me. sounds like iceland. i think it's one of your best works to date, for sure, and certainly an immediate fav for me. this is music that is so beautifully subtle and mild, and imo it's truly experimental and uncharted territory. one of the very last ones left - because everybody in this generation are about making seductive music, trying to appear attractive, make unforgettable impressions. this song is the dazzlingly beautiful and naive country girl in a room full of coke-snorting models.

it's just so soft and gentle and lulling, i love it. as i said about the other piece, it's way too short - but unlike the other one where i found it to be a good choice, here i think it definitely is not. this piece needs to be much longer. like, 12-13 minutes.

just take your time building your moods. you have such a gift for sound crafting and image evoking; let it play out. allow it to resonate. let the first part go on more, let me feel the wind and see the details. then start slowly bringing in the bells. the joint juncture there with both of them at the same time paints such a beautiful picture. then that's another few minutes. etc

not that i'm here to teach you how to make your own art - BUT, i think some of what bothered me about that first piece i didn't like (well, no.2, but who's counting) was that i felt it was kinda melodic in a way that felt unnatural to me. like it's deliberate, aimed at someone. from your recent pieces, i've been getting a bit of a feeling like you're more self conscious about not boring people. you careen through the scenes more quickly, as if to get to the point more quickly.

never do that. i'm here cause i like your brain, and i wanna see where it goes untethered. don't mind me, i'm just sitting around that corner listening. thank you for the music.
well, what a pleasant surprise. thanks for giving these a thoughtful listen and for composing such a detailed response. i know this kind of stuff tends to asks a fair amount of time and concentration from listeners; you're very generous in having done so here.

it's a pleasure to hear what kind of impressions these made, for better or for worse. you're certainly on point having noted the fear of boring a listener creep in -- my getting hasty with transitions and layering, not letting sections linger, and such. worrying about a listener's willingness to stick around has definitely been an obstacle. but i'm glad to hear you prefer them more drawn out, because, well, so do i.

i've been treading water in terms of process as well, using the same old approaches and such. frustrating, because while a piece might be ok, it doesn't feel fresh from a creative standpoint. time itself has been a huge impediment lately, as well. not being able to give pieces the mining they require in order to hit upon something exciting.

so, consequently, the pieces are a reflection of all of the above "issues."

yuck, why is it such an impulse to blurt out all of one's inhibitions?

thanks for your kind and constructive words. and i'm glad you liked #3. that's my favorite, too. iceland? coke-snorting models? prairie wind? i'll take it, gladly.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:26 AM   #1493
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
lotta people play country here so I went ahead and taught myself how to country
um what country is that

Old 01-05-2018, 08:07 AM   #1494
Elphenor
Braindead

nation of MUSICIANS GAZE

Old 01-12-2018, 10:47 AM   #1495
deadaswarhol
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: and I just felt something when I saw her that day at Kroger

some passive-aggressive bullshit from summer '16 i finally recorded.

my goal this year is to catch up on recording the stuff i've written

downloadable at https://attractmode.bandcamp.com/ if u want

Old 01-15-2018, 03:22 PM   #1496
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Old 01-19-2018, 02:09 PM   #1497
cork_soaker
full of longing

del

Last edited by cork_soaker : 03-05-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Old 01-19-2018, 06:02 PM   #1498
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Old 01-23-2018, 11:17 AM   #1499
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
this is pretty good, did you make it?

The rap part reminded me of Nujabes, heh.

Old 01-23-2018, 12:09 PM   #1500
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

yeah, it's all me but the rap
& i love Njb