Socialphobic

Old 12-05-2019, 12:50 PM   #5102
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Oh thank god, a new page.

Old 12-05-2019, 12:51 PM   #5103
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Now that we've put all that unpleasantness behind us, who wants to discuss the finer points of Gremlins 2?

Old 12-05-2019, 12:53 PM   #5104
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

goodfellas is a good movie. i also like dark knight and joker.

i watched last jedi super stoned last week. the milking scene was funny. the rest of it was also funny but only because its so awful. that shit were leia gets hurled out into space and still survives... lol.

Old 12-05-2019, 12:54 PM   #5105
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Gremlins 2: Best Sequel Ever or Greatest Sequel Ever? 🤔

Old 12-05-2019, 12:57 PM   #5106
LaBelle
Socialphobic

It's been arbitrary for people to praise Gremlins 2 around the late 2000s though so that's what's going on here. Movie was bad.

Old 12-05-2019, 02:14 PM   #5107
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan

I appreciate you giving validation to the claim as the queen of arbitration herself

Old 12-05-2019, 02:14 PM   #5108
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan

but anyway, how bout them movies eh? moving pictures... the fuck's that all about!

Old 12-05-2019, 02:15 PM   #5109
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan

Ghostbusters, Gremlins, by god you never know what you're gonna get with these things

Old 12-05-2019, 03:51 PM   #5110
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

I feel like this thread would improve greatly if we could get fuzzy's take on Ghostbusters 2016.

Old 12-05-2019, 04:00 PM   #5111
buzzard
Minion of Satan

It's been arbitrary for people to shit on Billy since around the late 2000s though so that's what's going on here. Album was great.

Change two words and it becomes a generic Sad Machines thought process.

Old 12-05-2019, 05:36 PM   #5112
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Angry

All of you children with your horseplay have missed what LaBelle actually asked for, which is for us to tell her what she thought of each movie to give her her opinion. Watch and learn:

Ghostbusters: You felt the supposition of a ghost dimension to be anti-Catholic and were further appalled when the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man stepped on a church.

Goodfellas: The name suggested more of a Little Rascals kind of escapade with nice kids, but once you got over your disappointment, you quite enjoyed this, and frequently recite unmemorable lines from it to yourself.

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home: You felt the mission to save the whales was beautiful and Star Trek at its most humanitarian. You also laughed a lot when Spock neck-pinched that punk on the bus fuckin' punks.

The Joker: You went to a midnight screening solely because the news tried to hype this up as a movie that would inspire real-life violence in the theater, and if someone started something in yours, you were going to jump in with a pair of nunchuks and just whale on some heads. You were too hopped up on adrenaline, constantly checking for the first sign of a riot, to really follow the movie.

The Dark Knight: this was like the second gritty, real-world take on a superhero in the past few years and you were already bored with it, feeling that hero comics are best when they're fun and larger than life. You will admit that the Joker was good, but that's largely to shut down any further discussion. Really you prefer Cesar Romero.

Critters: A masterpiece in your mind. Each year you petition the Criterion Collection to restore this film to its intended glory and release it in 4K, and with their usual assortment of in-depth bonus materials. A feature-length commentary with actor Dee Wallace and director Stephen Herek doesn't seem like too much to ask.

I Spit On Your Grave: You have decided to be one of the weirdos who advocates this "video nasty" as a piece of feminist cinema despite all facts to the contrary. You like being seen as someone who's "really awesome and sweet in every way, except for where she's super into 'I Spit on Your Grave.'" It's like a beauty mark for you, an imperfection that makes the whole more perfect. You thought the remake stunk though.

47 Meters Down: The twist ending gave you the shock of your life and breached a very basic sense of trust you had with movies. You will never let your guard down so fully with a film again.

The Matrix: Fuckin' rules and you got really into Rage Against the Machine after you saw it.

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi: You didn't really connect with this didn't love it, didn't hate it and are sad that the rabid misogynist incels have utterly torn the movie and moviemakers apart and have made it impossible to criticize it without getting lumped in with those profoundly unhealthy freaks.

Old 12-05-2019, 06:02 PM   #5113
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Creed II

The case for a Michael B. Jordan Superman movie grows stronger.

Also, this was pretty much Rocky IV but less montages and sex robots.

8/10

Old 12-05-2019, 06:35 PM   #5114
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

the irishman
old men get older and die... the movie

Old 12-05-2019, 06:44 PM   #5115
Disco King
Minion of Satan

If Scorsese doesn't like superhero films, why'd he make IrishMan?

Old 12-06-2019, 09:51 AM   #5116
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
The Perfection, on Netflix

B-
You know, I've been thinking about the last shot a lot, which is quite powerful and memorable. It's strong enough that I wonder if the writer came up with that first and then wrote a whole movie to get there. And while I think the way it does get there is a little absurd, the quality of it makes me want to raise my grade from a B- to a B. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. I will not be taking questions.

Old 12-06-2019, 11:47 AM   #5117
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
All of you children with your horseplay have missed what LaBelle actually asked for, which is for us to tell her what she thought of each movie to give her her opinion. Watch and learn:

Ghostbusters: You felt the supposition of a ghost dimension to be anti-Catholic and were further appalled when the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man stepped on a church.

Goodfellas: The name suggested more of a Little Rascals kind of escapade with nice kids, but once you got over your disappointment, you quite enjoyed this, and frequently recite unmemorable lines from it to yourself.

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home: You felt the mission to save the whales was beautiful and Star Trek at its most humanitarian. You also laughed a lot when Spock neck-pinched that punk on the bus fuckin' punks.

The Joker: You went to a midnight screening solely because the news tried to hype this up as a movie that would inspire real-life violence in the theater, and if someone started something in yours, you were going to jump in with a pair of nunchuks and just whale on some heads. You were too hopped up on adrenaline, constantly checking for the first sign of a riot, to really follow the movie.

The Dark Knight: this was like the second gritty, real-world take on a superhero in the past few years and you were already bored with it, feeling that hero comics are best when they're fun and larger than life. You will admit that the Joker was good, but that's largely to shut down any further discussion. Really you prefer Cesar Romero.

Critters: A masterpiece in your mind. Each year you petition the Criterion Collection to restore this film to its intended glory and release it in 4K, and with their usual assortment of in-depth bonus materials. A feature-length commentary with actor Dee Wallace and director Stephen Herek doesn't seem like too much to ask.

I Spit On Your Grave: You have decided to be one of the weirdos who advocates this "video nasty" as a piece of feminist cinema despite all facts to the contrary. You like being seen as someone who's "really awesome and sweet in every way, except for where she's super into 'I Spit on Your Grave.'" It's like a beauty mark for you, an imperfection that makes the whole more perfect. You thought the remake stunk though.

47 Meters Down: The twist ending gave you the shock of your life and breached a very basic sense of trust you had with movies. You will never let your guard down so fully with a film again.

The Matrix: Fuckin' rules and you got really into Rage Against the Machine after you saw it.

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi: You didn't really connect with this didn't love it, didn't hate it and are sad that the rabid misogynist incels have utterly torn the movie and moviemakers apart and have made it impossible to criticize it without getting lumped in with those profoundly unhealthy freaks.
Nailed it!

Old 12-09-2019, 06:53 PM   #5118
FoolofaTook

Tropical Malady - A+ (total mindfuck)

The Last Black Man in San Francisco - A+ (I teared up a bunch of times)

Old 12-10-2019, 05:46 PM   #5119
FoolofaTook

i also watched the beach bum

id rather not talk about that tho

Old 12-10-2019, 07:59 PM   #5120
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
I appreciate you giving validation to the claim as the queen of arbitration herself
speaking of arbitration...i just got an email from my lawyer that another court appearance for an appeal is set for january. this shit has been going on since just months after donald was "elected". goddamn bureaucracy.

Old 12-10-2019, 08:01 PM   #5121
yo soy el mejor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Ghostbusters
Goodfellas
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
The Joker
The Dark Knight
Critters
I Spit On Your Grave
47 Meters Down
The Matrix
Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi
all shite?

Old 12-10-2019, 11:23 PM   #5122
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
speaking of arbitration...i just got an email from my lawyer that another court appearance for an appeal is set for january. this shit has been going on since just months after donald was "elected". goddamn bureaucracy.
i knew i was "goofin up" with that word choice

Old 12-11-2019, 11:43 PM   #5123
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

i just watched The Last Black Man In San Francisco and I give it A+

i can't really say what about it was so moving, but it felt really true to me, having lived there from 2005-2017. a lot of oddball little things in there that really rang true.

also, the man who wrote and starred in it is twenty five years old. holy shit!!

Old 12-12-2019, 06:06 AM   #5124
FoolofaTook

its really powerful emotionally. about the lies ppl tell themselves in order to live, how some get stuck in them forever, how others break free. so fucking sad...

and then there's the whole racist/class thing. i've only had a glimpse of this when i was in the shelter in the hood. it sucks to keep watching movies and relating more to the problem/the villains instead the solution/the victims. but nowhere near as bad as it would suck to be black and truly poor.

but yeah, you guys should watch this. powerful stuff.

Old 12-12-2019, 06:16 AM   #5125
FoolofaTook

that scene on the bus when he meets his mom... damn.

Old 12-12-2019, 08:16 AM   #5126
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Old 12-12-2019, 11:43 AM   #5127
FoolofaTook

is nothing sacred to you?

are you a nihilistic? have you forgotten your Maker?

Old 12-12-2019, 06:48 PM   #5128
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
that scene on the bus when he meets his mom... damn.

there were so many things in there that like.. they're real. i was the big brother (big brother's, big sisters of bay area) to a kid in sf from the time he was 11 through 17 (and we're still friends today)

one day we were walking with his brother of the same age (same father, different mother, the father has been in jail and/or absent for the entirety of the time i've known him), and we were walking across market street and this lady ran up to us, and to me she looked like one of the many crazy homeless begging women around and she was eating a chicken wing, and she was this kid's mom and they hadn't seen eachother in a few months. it was like. its fucking real and it happens every day. he was probably 13 at the time. same day we saw two homeless people fighting and one guy fell back and like hit his head on the curb and it turned my stomach and they just laughed.. and i get it, what else can you do when you see this shit all the time from a young age

another brother of his was killed a year later. and another one two years after that. meanwhile its startups and investors and gentrification and people talking trash about the city and the government unable or unwilling to get out of its own way and so the homeless and addiction issues get worse and worse. its fucking nuts man. and i agree with him, you don't get to hate it unless you loved it

Old 12-12-2019, 07:31 PM   #5129
myosis
Minion of Satan

where do you live now, big J?

Old 12-12-2019, 07:40 PM   #5130
FoolofaTook

that's really sad whatcolor.

who is big j, myosis?