Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > Music News and Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2020, 07:03 AM   #1
Ram27
dumb

Default Kurt Cobain and Mazzy Star

found this article by mr buttcannon. it's really quite amazing --> http://www.alternativenation.net/wha...nal-day-alive/

Quote:
“So April 5, 1994, a lot of people are probably familiar with what that date was. Well, I just happened to be going to a Mazzy Star show in Seattle at the Moore Theater. So it’s April 5, 1994, I’m at a Mazzy Star show, I go to the bathroom, and who is in the bathroom? Krist Novoselic.

So of course there was a lot of news about what had been going on with Kurt being in a coma and everything, so I was of course really worried. But I asked him, ‘How is Kurt?’ I kept hearing different things on the news, whatever, and I was pretty worried.

Krist’s words: ‘Don’t believe anything you hear. Kurt is just fine.’ So that made me feel pretty good. So I went home with that thought, I felt like Krist would know. Maybe he thought Kurt was just fine, so anyways, that was pretty disturbing, to look back at that being the day that they said Kurt died.

So supposedly Kurt at that same time, was he at the house, something going on there.”

This was around the time Kurt Cobain was supposed to be in rehab, and April 5th sadly was the day he died by suicide. Watch the video below.

_________

when i was in rehab i put on mazzy star songs at night and wrote in my journal and cried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Baney, youtube comment
Krist bought me a beer at the vogue bar while I was watching Smashing Pumpkins and Tad in 91. Seemed to be a really nice guy. Only 30 or less at the show. Incredible!
gigs must've been fun