Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2002, 10:43 AM   #1
Jackboot11

Post New Oasis Album Leaked

http://www.rocknrollstar.hpg.ig.com.br/index.html

if that isnt a direct link click on "mp3"

I am still in the process of DL them so i cant say much, but apparently this isnt the final mix of the album, but pretty close to it.

-todd

Old 04-06-2002, 11:14 AM   #2
Sacred Age Of Innocence

Thumbs up

I just finished dl them all. I heard a few seconds of the 1st few songs but I stopped as I now have Little By Little on repeat. I hope this will be on the album as is.

Thanks!

Old 04-06-2002, 11:26 AM   #3
Jackboot11

Do all the mp3s have that horrible clicking on the end on BOADC + Better Man?

Old 04-06-2002, 11:37 AM   #4
Sacred Age Of Innocence

The only song I've listened to fully is Little By Little & it does have some annoying noise towards the end that I highly doubt was part of the production or I atleast hope not.

Old 04-06-2002, 12:30 PM   #5
French lover Sébastien

this is unsurprisingly unimpressive.

Old 04-06-2002, 01:45 PM   #6
Sacred Age Of Innocence

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by French lover Sébastien:
this is unsurprisingly unimpressive.

Old 04-06-2002, 02:52 PM   #7
the_boy

Thumbs up

Thanks alot!

Im listening my way through them right now, and so far I like 'little by little' alot. I didnt like the third one, that was a Liam song i'm pretty sure.
Anyways ya, thanks again.

Old 04-06-2002, 05:59 PM   #8
Sacred Age Of Innocence

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by the_boy:
Thanks alot!

Im listening my way through them right now, and so far I like 'little by little' alot. I didnt like the third one, that was a Liam song i'm pretty sure.
Anyways ya, thanks again.
Isn't it a great song http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif

Old 04-06-2002, 06:03 PM   #9
the_boy

Quote:
Originally posted by Sacred Age Of Innocence:
Isn't it a great song http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/smile.gif
Ya, it pretty good.
Im a little disappointed with the rest of the album though. Then again ive only listened to it once, so hopefully it will grow on me.

Old 04-06-2002, 07:19 PM   #10
smiling politely

Red face

Do the verses in The Hindu Times sound like the verses in Addicted To Love by Robert Palmer to anyone else?

Old 04-06-2002, 07:34 PM   #11
failure

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by smiling politely:
Do the verses in The Hindu Times sound like the verses in Addicted To Love by Robert Palmer to anyone else?
no.

Old 04-06-2002, 10:18 PM   #12
strange_one

I'm not going to download, I want it all to be fresh oasis the first time I put it in my ceedee player

Old 04-06-2002, 10:22 PM   #13
fallontears

Thumbs up

I think it's really good. It's a lot better than SONTSOG. I really like noel's vocals.

Old 04-06-2002, 10:45 PM   #14
YeehaJamesIha

Talking

I just downloaded it from my friend. I like it.

Old 04-07-2002, 01:04 AM   #15
azvd

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Sacred Age Of Innocence:
it does have some annoying noise towards the end that I highly doubt was part of the production or I atleast hope not.
The noise you're hearing is result of MP3 encoding. It won't be in the CD.

About the music: I'm a little bit frustrated with it. I thought Noel would incorporate more electronic stuff as he did with "Fucking In The Bushes". The songs are extremely Beatles influenced, much more than they used to be. SOTSOG was a search for a more original sound, still influenced by the Beatles, but more interesting in terms of experimentation. The songs that I downloaded are too much radio oriented, nothing is as interesting and strong as "Who Feels Love" or "Gas Panic". Too simple for Noel Gallagher. I expected more.

AZVD.

------------------
w a n n a t r a d e ?
b o o t l i s t

[This message has been edited by azvd (edited 04-06-2002).]

Old 04-07-2002, 03:25 AM   #16
failure

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by YeehaJamesIha:
I just downloaded it from my friend. I like it.
!!!!!!

<3

Old 04-07-2002, 09:27 AM   #17
Sacred Age Of Innocence

Quote:
Originally posted by azvd:
The noise you're hearing is result of MP3 encoding. It won't be in the CD.

About the music: I'm a little bit frustrated with it. I thought Noel would incorporate more electronic stuff as he did with "Fucking In The Bushes". The songs are extremely Beatles influenced, much more than they used to be. SOTSOG was a search for a more original sound, still influenced by the Beatles, but more interesting in terms of experimentation. The songs that I downloaded are too much radio oriented, nothing is as interesting and strong as "Who Feels Love" or "Gas Panic". Too simple for Noel Gallagher. I expected more.

AZVD.

I was pretty sure it was the encoding http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/tongue.gif Some must learn to encode better mp3's though but then at the same time it's not like I'm burning this to cd.

SOTSOG was their worst album IMO, it lacked flare & passion, except for a song or two. Just listen to a few samples, it sounds like they are back & as usual Noel has the best material. God Liam really isn't needed.

Old 04-07-2002, 11:51 AM   #18
YeehaJamesIha

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by failure:
!!!!!!

<3
Yeah, blame Adam for oasis and the stone roses and all that queer-ass britcrap you listen to. I can't fight it anymore. I guess I'm an anglophile!

Dammit, I'm wrong, there are very faint clicks on the end of little by little.

[This message has been edited by YeehaJamesIha (edited 04-07-2002).]

Old 04-07-2002, 01:56 PM   #19
BlueStar

Thumbs up

I'm loving it. And on April 26th, I'll be hearing those songs live in Las Vegas.

------------------
~~Samantha~~
AIM: MercuryAdore

http://homepages.nyu.edu/~sag249/sigankle.jpg

Old 04-07-2002, 02:47 PM   #20
failure

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by YeehaJamesIha:
Yeah, blame Adam for oasis and the stone roses and all that queer-ass britcrap you listen to. I can't fight it anymore. I guess I'm an anglophile!
it was only a matter of time

Old 04-07-2002, 03:07 PM   #21
BlueStar

Thumbs up

I keep listening to "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" over and over and over again.

------------------
~~Samantha~~

Old 04-07-2002, 03:11 PM   #22
BlueStar

Arrow

from http://www.oa515.com

The oa515.com Heathen Chemistry track by track review

1) The Hindu Times
(written by Noel)
(vocals by Liam)
The song that most people have already heard having been released to radio in late March. Despite all the talk before anyone heard the album, this is in fact one of the most 'rock 'n' roll' songs on the album.

2) Force of Nature
(Written by Noel)
(Vocals by Noel)
Quite an old song for many Oasis fans, having heard this either as an mp3 or over the closing credits to the 2000 film, Love, Honour and Obey. Its written and sung by Noel and is a up tempo bluesy pop song.

3) Hung in a Bad Place
(Written by Gem)
(Vocals by Liam)
A song written by the Oasis guitarist, Gem, it's a stomping pop rock tune with a touch of 70's glam rock to the rhythm section

4) Little by Little
(Written by Noel)
(Vocals by Noel)
A total Oasis classic, possibly a future single, the anthem of the summer? Noel delivers this power ballad with his trademark Oasis sound with soulful verses and a soaring chorus and one of the few guitar solos on the album

5) Songbird
(Written by Liam)
(Vocals by Liam)
A song from Liam which is obviously a simple lovesong to his girlfriend Nicole. It features a light poppy acoustic strumming sound with piano and tamborine laced neatly throughout.

6) (instrumental)
(Written by: ???)
A short bluesy style instrumental, with organ, handclaps and slide guitar.

7) Stop Crying your Heart Out
(writen by Andy, Gem or Noel)
(vocals by Liam)
Starting with a single piano and Liams heartwrenching vocals, this is a song which will be all over the radio during this summer. It has instant appeal and a great hook that will have fields of people singing along, lighters aloft during thius summers world tour. Once again it is very based over an acoustic guitar track but has a soaring string backing to it.

8) All in your Mind
(Written by Noel)
Sounding bit like REM mixed with Hurricane#1, this is Liam doing what he does, belt out singalong songs along side air guitar lovers favourite, great Oasis guitar solos.

9) She is Love
(Written by Noel)
Similar in sound to Liams songbird, this is Noels light jangly acoustic strumalong written about his girlfriend. With a high pitched organ sound and tamborine throughout.

10) Born on a Different Cloud
(Written by Liam)
(Vocals by Liam)
Maybe the darkest song on this very summery sounding album, it is reminiscent of Gas Panic but with a very strong piano line all the way through. A middle section very Beatlish in this song about Liams son with ex-wife Patsy Kensit, Lennon Gallagher. A highlight of the album which is a great example of Liams songwriting ability.

11) Better Man
(Written by Liam)
(Vocals by Liam)
The rock and roll blues song, finishing the album in the same way The Hindu Times starts it, with a stompalong tune. Features several lyrics repeated over and over but is a great way to finish a fantastic new album.

------------------
~~Samantha~~

Old 04-07-2002, 03:12 PM   #23
Nothing/everything

Arrow

Oasis = crap

Old 04-07-2002, 04:57 PM   #24
failure

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Nothing/everything:
Oasis = crap
you = suck
oasis > you

Old 04-07-2002, 04:57 PM   #25
failure

LOL I CAN DO MATH 2 !!! ! ! ! ! !!

Old 04-07-2002, 05:03 PM   #26
failure

Talking

p.s. how is the quality of your sigur ros show? if it's good, i think i'd like to do a trade with you.

Old 04-07-2002, 05:06 PM   #27
Nothing/everything

It's really good, great qual and performance IMHO.

Old 04-07-2002, 05:18 PM   #28
Jesse

Thumbs up

i like this album. much better than sotsog.
it's got more of the classic oasis sound. haha, "classic oasis sound."...but, there are some awesome tracks. i love "songbird" "she is love" "little by little" "stop crying your heart out"..and i havent even heard them all yet.

Old 04-07-2002, 07:18 PM   #29
YeehaJamesIha

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueStar:
I keep listening to "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" over and over and over again.

Me too.