Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2007, 04:06 AM   #91
Ghetto_Squirrel
Minion of Satan

This just begs the question, how desperate is b0lly for some quick cash?

Old 09-27-2007, 08:37 AM   #92
The Gaddrow
Minion of Satan

Question

Why does anyone actually think that Corgan had anything to do with releasing the album in this many formats? You people have no idea how the record industry works, or is working to try to increase sales by using every gimmick they can think of.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:40 AM   #93
smashkin33
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlaluna
who the hell is Milano Blahniks? is that some Manolo Blahnik knock off?
from my spelling, i'm sure you can tell i don't own a pair!

Old 09-27-2007, 10:24 AM   #94
soulofbass
Pledge

maybe ill buy zeitgeist after all

Old 09-27-2007, 11:04 AM   #95
Tournée d'adieu
Demi-God

I'm having trouble believing they'd rush something like this to stores in a month, without heralding its release in some grandiose way, i.e. this should be plastered all across their Myspace page by now.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:06 AM   #96
mayday
Apocalyptic Poster

i think i saw that in the mall last weekkend. it's like a long cardboard thing with extra pictures. i was going to buy but i decided not to for the time being. does anyone have that? are the pictures good?

Old 09-27-2007, 11:09 AM   #97
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Why do you insist on being a stupid fuck? Those pics were talked about when zeitshit came out.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:39 PM   #98
SOLIDAge
Pledge

our inventory system shows the following...

ZEITGEIST SPECIAL EDITION
$13.99
comes out 10/16/07

it is listed under CD
not DVD
so i do not know if a DVD is in the package.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:55 PM   #99
brendo_91
Minion of Satan

if a cd has a bonus dvd does it show as cd/dvd?

like st anger for example?

Old 09-27-2007, 11:59 PM   #100
SOLIDAge
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendo_91
if a cd has a bonus dvd does it show as cd/dvd?

like st anger for example?
usually says it in the description.
this did not.

i'll check tomorrow on st. anger or moby 18 (another CD w/ a DVD extra)

Old 09-28-2007, 12:43 AM   #101
unlachs
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaddrow
Why does anyone actually think that Corgan had anything to do with releasing the album in this many formats? You people have no idea how the record industry works, or is working to try to increase sales by using every gimmick they can think of.

smells like common sense

Old 09-28-2007, 12:55 AM   #102
slunken
Virgo

Red face

e'eryone bitching in this thread is poor

Old 09-28-2007, 01:46 AM   #103
smashapumpkin
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
correctomundo!

Old 09-28-2007, 12:16 PM   #104
exactlythesame
Minion of Satan

Location: I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes

Quote:
since when does the artist not have any say so as to how their material is released

Old 09-28-2007, 12:35 PM   #105
mayday
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
Why do you insist on being a stupid fuck? Those pics were talked about when zeitshit came out.

Hello, my cheerful one. How are you today? !!!!
They talked about the long cardboard one? i didn't read that thread. so are there any different pictures in it from the reg Zeigeist?

Love, Mayday xoxo

Old 09-29-2007, 03:52 AM   #106
JRiordan
Apocalyptic Poster

Best Buy DVD was confirmed by Billy speaking to Monte tonight following the Utah show ( http://forums.netphoria.org/showpost...&postcount=160 ). Woo hoo!

EDIT: added the link to Monte's post

Last edited by JRiordan : 09-29-2007 at 04:50 AM.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:34 AM   #107
The Gaddrow
Minion of Satan

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactlythesame
since when does the artist not have any say so as to how their material is released
When they sign with a major (or even independent in many cases) record label.

Though, I didn't say that he has no word on how the releases are issued and I am sure he was much more careful in how the most recent contract was worded, it is my understanding that ultimately Warner Brothers can release the music however they see fit to promote album sales. Though, I am sure that Corgan is happy they are putting more effort into promotion with this album than they have with the last two.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:37 AM   #108
The Gaddrow
Minion of Satan

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciGarski
so what does retired mean?
It means that I am retired. While still show up for work, I do nothing. I basically have no friends, so I hang out where I used to work, because the people who frequent said workplace are the only people I feel that I know. Or something.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:18 AM   #109
trev
charm

Quote:
because if he really cared or wanted to he could fight it like others have, eg. trent reznor. they tried to pull the same shit with year zero, and he said no.

Old 09-29-2007, 02:25 PM   #110
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

I don't know when it's coming out - but Billy himself confirmed this last night after the show here in Utah. He came out after the show and was doing the usual Q&A thing with us (which was quite cool) and Monte asked him about this whole re-release thing.

It's frustrating - in hindsight, after that question was asked, there was a pause - I really would have loved to ask him who made that decision. It doesn't seem like a money grubbing Billy move, it seems more like a money grubbing record company move. I would have loved to figure out that one, as some of these mysteries of the record company world intrigue me. I would have loved to know if the re-release was his idea, and whether it was his idea or not to select Best Buy as the retailer.

My guess would be that it was not idea, nor was it his choice - but maybe that's just me being starry-eyed about Billy.

-adam

Old 09-29-2007, 02:35 PM   #111
ckeegan
Demi-God

Thumbs down Boycott!

ANOTHER Zeitgeist release?? That's beyond bullshit...an even bigger FUCK YOU to fans. It reminds of the black version of The Killers' "Hot Fuss" that was released after the album scored big...it has three extra tracks on it. So, as a fan, I'm supposed to buy the album...and then buy it AGAIN after it does well so I can savor a few extra songs? That's such a slap-in-the-face business model. If my memory serves me correct, Beck did it too with a deluxe version of "The Information" (which wasn't a great album to begin with).

Old 09-29-2007, 02:50 PM   #112
werideatdusk
Ownz

I think fans are just frustrated that they weren't given a great, deluxe package at the outset. Had Zeitgeist been released in two formats on July 10 - the one, 12-track CD, and a second deluxe edition, housed in the big deluxe book, with a 15-track CD (or how ever many bonus tracks there will end up being) and the DVD - everyone would have been happy.

Old 09-29-2007, 03:35 PM   #113
stripes
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan
ANOTHER Zeitgeist release?? That's beyond bullshit...an even bigger FUCK YOU to fans. It reminds of the black version of The Killers' "Hot Fuss" that was released after the album scored big...it has three extra tracks on it. So, as a fan, I'm supposed to buy the album...and then buy it AGAIN after it does well so I can savor a few extra songs? That's such a slap-in-the-face business model. If my memory serves me correct, Beck did it too with a deluxe version of "The Information" (which wasn't a great album to begin with).
boycott b0lly!!11!

Old 09-29-2007, 04:35 PM   #114
ckeegan
Demi-God

Thumbs down

Cigarski...you're a moron. But I'll let you jerk me off for my Target version of Zeitgeit, since you're so obviously in love with a band releasing five different versions of the same album. Do you vote Republican, by chance?

Old 09-29-2007, 04:46 PM   #115
MonkeyMan
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan
Cigarski...you're a moron. But I'll let you jerk me off for my Target version of Zeitgeit, since you're so obviously in love with a band releasing five different versions of the same album. Do you vote Republican, by chance?
I love stupid people.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:03 PM   #116
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Thumbs down

Quote:
all hail trent reznor.

must be lonely up there alone on his cross.
The man does have a valid point dickless.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:04 PM   #117
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyMan
I love stupid people.
I hate them. Which is why I hate you.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:05 PM   #118
exactlythesame
Minion of Satan

Location: I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes

Quote:
When they sign with a major (or even independent in many cases) record label.

Though, I didn't say that he has no word on how the releases are issued and I am sure he was much more careful in how the most recent contract was worded, it is my understanding that ultimately Warner Brothers can release the music however they see fit to promote album sales. Though, I am sure that Corgan is happy they are putting more effort into promotion with this album than they have with the last two.
makes sense -- i'm clueless as to how the music industry operates

sounds pretty dismal if you ask me

Old 09-29-2007, 05:10 PM   #119
MonkeyMan
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
I hate them. Which is why I hate you.
Awesome.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:16 PM   #120
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Quote:
is there a gun to your fucking head? do you have to buy this?

jesus christ what a jerk off.
Maybe he's just a fan of bills, who has a problem paying 5 times for a copy of one album just so he can get all the tracks. How is it not possible for you to understand that what the label did, is not selling/promoting the album to others, but selling the album to the same fanbase. If zietshit was just one album, with no bonus tracks at all, there would have been less albums sold. No one would be out buying multiple copies of an album at all.

The casual radio dumbfuck who heard tarantula, isn't going to see an ad for target and go, "zeitshit has gossemer here, but at best buy, I get death from above. COOL!!!" Bill basically let the label rape his fans just for a few dollars more. He could have promoted the album differently. He could have done instore signings, and only sign copies of zeitshit. That could have sold more albums. He could have done the two cds thing, one regular version, and one super megasized version, and sold it for twice as much. At least that would be respectable. Point is, don't get angry at the guy who wants to support the band, but doesn't want to buy the same damn thing 5 times in order to do it.