Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 05:28 AM   #361
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Tom Hanks has COVID-19
Celebrities: They're Just Like Us!

Old 03-12-2020, 05:57 AM   #362
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

great article: https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-f4d3d9cd99ca

what now images don't work

i guess because it has a * in it. sorry. clicky click

https://miro.medium.com/max/838/1*PZ...JBoQVtpmjQ.gif

Last edited by reprise85 : 03-12-2020 at 06:08 AM.

Old 03-12-2020, 08:56 AM   #363
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Cool

rehosted reprise's gif:

I don't know why the two arrowed labels disappear so quickly; they seem important

Also Alexander Radtke somehow made this a 5 MB file

Old 03-12-2020, 09:00 AM   #364
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Lady at my work just came back to the office yesterday after 2 wks in Spain. She told us she called the county health dept which told her Spain wasn’t on the cdc’s list of countries requiring either mandatory or voluntary self quarantine upon return, she isn’t feeling sick, so she feels totally fine coming back into our small office where we regularly work face-to-face. She stood there and asked the ppl she supervises that, if anyone is scared to be working near her, just say so and she will happily stay at home. Of course, no one dared to challenge the decision she’d already made, despite palpable unease/anxiety in the room

Then, yesterday afternoon i happened to checked the cdc’s relevant website listing the restrictions referenced by the county health person. Unbelievably, list had not been updated since feb 22, basically an eternity given how swift this shits been evolving. Also find out Spain is second after Italy for confirmed cases, deaths i think as well. Then last nite our very stable leader announces on prime time that nobody can come home from Europe unless they get “appropriate screening.”

Long story short looks like i will soon become the 1st netphorian to die from coronavirus!

Old 03-12-2020, 09:06 AM   #365
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Fuzzy Roes ✝
@fuzzyroes
·
9h
Replying to
@JeffMetzgar23

@pyarnes
and 3 others
You guys are failing to understand the logic that this was a UNITED STATES attack ON China. This research has been out there for awhile now but was succinctly covered this on the Alex Jones Show today. I cued up the exact moment for ya

Old 03-12-2020, 10:43 AM   #366
Cool As Ice Cream

all my plans for the weekend got cancelled.
gig tomorrow is cancelled.
people visiting on saturday aren't coming now.
football game on sunday will be played without fans.
thanks a lot, corina!

Old 03-12-2020, 10:52 AM   #367
cork_soaker
full of longing

well i am still commuting via public transportation daily. gargling hand sanitizer by the quart

Old 03-12-2020, 10:54 AM   #368
cork_soaker
full of longing

thankfully the trains are near-fukkin’ vacant (ghost train!?) so i’m able to engage in all kinds of hijinks like looking out the window

Old 03-12-2020, 10:56 AM   #369
cork_soaker
full of longing

just saw a deer, wonder if it’s rabid with covid

Old 03-12-2020, 11:17 AM   #370
LaBelle
Socialphobic

A government secretary here has tested positive for coronavirus, hopefully he was close to bozonaro.

Old 03-12-2020, 11:26 AM   #371
FoolofaTook

Thumbs up

The communications secretary?

He met Trump.

Old 03-12-2020, 11:27 AM   #372
FoolofaTook

plz god let them all die!

Old 03-12-2020, 11:42 AM   #373
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Cool

Satellite images show Iran building vast burial trenches for virus victims

Quote:
Iranian authorities began digging a pair of trenches for victims just days after the government disclosed the initial outbreak. Together, their lengths are that of a football field.
Probably fine

Old 03-12-2020, 11:47 AM   #374
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Lady at my work just came back to the office yesterday after 2 wks in Spain. She told us she called the county health dept which told her Spain wasn’t on the cdc’s list of countries requiring either mandatory or voluntary self quarantine upon return, she isn’t feeling sick, so she feels totally fine coming back into our small office where we regularly work face-to-face. She stood there and asked the ppl she supervises that, if anyone is scared to be working near her, just say so and she will happily stay at home. Of course, no one dared to challenge the decision she’d already made, despite palpable unease/anxiety in the room

Then, yesterday afternoon i happened to checked the cdc’s relevant website listing the restrictions referenced by the county health person. Unbelievably, list had not been updated since feb 22, basically an eternity given how swift this shits been evolving. Also find out Spain is second after Italy for confirmed cases, deaths i think as well. Then last nite our very stable leader announces on prime time that nobody can come home from Europe unless they get “appropriate screening.”

Long story short looks like i will soon become the 1st netphorian to die from coronavirus!
Update: looks like cdc overnight added Spain to level 3 category which includes the 14-day quarantine, sent this link to management, within 20 minutes she was asked to leave the building. A cleaning crew is on the way. She was not happy that i did this but what the fuck, i couldn’t just ignore it

Whew, the excitement. So far no coughs or sniffles

Old 03-12-2020, 11:50 AM   #375
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post

plz god let them all die!
Best news so far!

Old 03-12-2020, 11:59 AM   #376
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
She was not happy that i did this but what the fuck, i couldn’t just ignore it
Wait, did management tell her you, specifically, alerted them to the problem? That's fucked up if so

Old 03-12-2020, 12:21 PM   #377
cork_soaker
full of longing

pictured: bountiful hills of newly sprouted covid

Old 03-12-2020, 12:25 PM   #378
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Anyone else going to the Murder by Death show tonight?

Old 03-12-2020, 12:26 PM   #379
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Justin Trudeau, my country's prime minister, is now in self-imposed isolation because his wife's waiting on the results of her test

God I hope they met with Trump recently

Old 03-12-2020, 12:31 PM   #380
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

The Desert Is on Fire

I'll leave a trail of fire across this desert
Just to see the desperation in
Your eyes
Your eyes
you think you've suffered well you ain't seen shit yet
The pain won't set in for a long long time
I've fought off angels with my hands behind my back
I've set the heavens all on fire
so sleep in the fallout shelter tonight one and all
And wrap the children up real tight
And stop the bleedin' before it starts
Stop the bleedin' before it starts
so sleep in the fallout shelter tonight one and all
And wrap the children up real tight
And stop the bleedin' before it starts
Stop the bleedin' before it starts
I'll leave a trail of fire across this desert
Just to see the desperation in
Your eyes

Old 03-12-2020, 12:33 PM   #381
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Well, as of today my country is cancelled. Everything that has the capacity of 100 people or more cannot take place or is closed. So is my job. Biggest film festival of the year was supposed to start at this moment.

We're at home until wednesday at the earliest

Old 03-12-2020, 12:54 PM   #382
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
Wait, did management tell her you, specifically, alerted them to the problem? That's fucked up if so
No, i copied her on the email i sent to management. We work together everyday so i saw no reason not to be completely transparent about it. Didn’t anticipate she would get so thoroughly butthurt over it, but upon further reflection i totally get it, nobody likes being the leper

Old 03-12-2020, 01:34 PM   #383
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Really not sure why anyone would vacation now anyway. I know someone that just got back from Costa Rica. Even if a specific country isn't on the shit list, I'd be nervous around anyone that was on an international flight or at an airport.

Old 03-12-2020, 02:21 PM   #384
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

This is pretty sobering. Nobody is taking it seriously in the US.I predict in the next 2 weeks, most businesses will be shut down:

The Italian College of Anesthesia, Analgesia, Resuscitation and Intensive Care just published the most extraordinary medical document I’ve ever seen.

To help people from Germany to America understand what we’re about to face, I am publishing translated extracts here.

A week ago, Italy had so few cases of corona that it could give each stricken patient high-quality care.

Today, some hospitals are so overwhelmed that they simply cannot treat every patient. They are starting to do wartime triage.

Here’s the guidance for that.

"It may be necessary to establish criteria of access to intensive care not just on the basis of clinical appropriateness but inspired by the most consensual criteria regarding distributive justice and the appropriate allocation of limited health resources."

"This scenario is substantially comparable to the field of 'catastrophe medicine,' for which ethical reflection has over time stipulated many concrete guidelines for doctors and nurses facing difficult choices."

"In a context of grave shortage of medical resources, the allocation criteria need to guarantee that those patients with the highest chance of therapeutic success will retain access to intensive care.

It's a matter of giving priority to 'the highest hope of life and survival.'"

1)

The extraordinary criteria of admission and discharge are flexible and can be adapted in accordance with the local availability of resources.

These criteria apply to all patients in intensive care, not just those infected with CoVid-19.

2)

"Allocation is a very complex and delicate choice. […]

The foreseeable increase in mortality for clinical conditions not linked to the current epidemic due to the reduction of chirurgical activity and the scarcity of resources needs to be taken into consideration."

3)

"It may become necessary to establish an age limit for access to intensive care.

This is not a value judgments but a way to provide extremely scarce resources to those who have the highest likelihood of survival and could enjoy the largest number of life-years saved."

4)

"In addition to age, the presence of comorbidities needs to be carefully evaluated. It is conceivable that what might be a relatively short treatment course in healthier people could be longer and more resource-consuming in the case of older or more fragile patients."

"For patients for whom access to intensive care is judged inappropriate, the decision to posit a ceiling of care nevertheless needs to be explained, communicated, and documented."

I spent many years sitting in seminar rooms thinking about questions of distributive justice.

Let me be honest: It’s left me not one bit wiser about what to do in these kinds of dramatic circumstances. So I don’t don’t mean to pass judgment on the contents of this document.

BUT here’s the point I do want everyone to take away from this:

Doctors in America will likely be faced with similarly heartbreaking dilemmas very soon.

But we can avoid that if we:.

* Start engaging in extreme forms of social distancing
* Radically expand ICU capacities

The moral choices involved in figuring out who gets care when hospitals do not have the resources to treat all critical patients are heart-breaking.

But the moral choices involved in doing what we can today to avert that situation are straightforward.

Cancel everything now.

Here is the full document.

(Undoubtedly imperfect) translation of it is by me.

[End.]

https://t.co/0nmWTBaRGZ?amp=1

https://mobile.twitter.com/yascha_mo...233807872?s=12

Even in South Korea, where the response has been pretty much perfect(over 100k people tested, quarantining, universal healthcare), the death rate is about 0.6%, which is still several times that of the common flu. The US has none of those things.

In Italy, that last number I saw was 1,000 dead out of 15,000 confirmed cases. Roughly 6-7% death rate.

The US is looking at up to 150 million contracting the virus.

Survival rate if you're otherwise healthy and under 40 (edit: under 30) is comparable to flu, a bit higher.

If you're in your 70s, it's over like 10%. If you're in your 80s, it's over 20%.

Update to my napkin stats at the end there: Apparently, 60% of elderly Chinese men smoke, and THAT is where the increase in mortality come from. Amongst non-smoking elderly, the death rate isn't nearly as high. Based on Joe Rogan interview here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cZFhjM...=youtu.be#menu

Also it's like 2% mortality for those in their 40s. In China. 12Mar2020 407pm

Last edited by killtrocity : 03-12-2020 at 04:15 PM.

Old 03-12-2020, 02:28 PM   #385
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
Justin Trudeau, my country's prime minister, is now in self-imposed isolation because his wife's waiting on the results of her test

God I hope they met with Trump recently
If there is a God, he gave Trump and Pence the virus

Old 03-12-2020, 02:36 PM   #386
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

i had been feeling a bit down about myself for not planning anything special to celebrate my upcoming 40th birthday with friends and family.

but now i don't look so anti-social, do it!! i look smart and considerate!!

thank you COVID-19. you're welcome, friends and family.

Old 03-12-2020, 02:42 PM   #387
FoolofaTook

trump still refusing to take corona test.

he eats fast food every day.

we should all pray that he dies asap.

Old 03-12-2020, 02:53 PM   #388
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
If there is a God,
i know he lieks 2 rock

Old 03-12-2020, 02:58 PM   #389
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

To: All Residents

In light of the current health and safety challenges we are all facing, please be advised of the following management and maintenance guidelines we must observe. If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness at all and:

You are on notice and viewings are being scheduled for your apartment, please immediately advise management of your status so that these visits may be canceled or rescheduled.

You need maintenance in your apartment, please immediately advise management of your status. Maintenance concerns that are not an extremely urgent matter of safety, security or ongoing damage may be postponed or rescheduled. Emergency maintenance concerns will be addressed promptly, and staff will proceed with any additional safety precautions recommended by management or health authorities.
You would like to communicate with the management office or any staff, please call, email or text us. All concerns will be addressed as promptly as possible under the circumstances. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES COME TO THE MANAGEMENT OFFICE IN PERSON IF YOU ARE ILL OR EXPERIENCING ANY SYMPTOMS.

Management will continue to monitor any and all news in regard to best practices for the health and safety of all residents, staff, and vendors. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during these difficult conditions.

Best Regards,

Landlord

Old 03-12-2020, 03:16 PM   #390
FoolofaTook

Talking

Closed Thread