Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 04-09-2014, 07:04 AM   #31
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Billy Corgan to sell “Experimental in nature” vinyl called AEGEA.

Billy Corgan is planing on releasing some experimental recordings from the spring of 2007 titled “AEGEA”. A “first pressing will be offered in 250 vinyl copies” and will be made available for just under $60. Each edition hand numbered and annotated by Billy (just like in the old days).

Billy wrote “As a work, AEGEA is experimental in nature, and comes across as more a soundtrack to some lost foreign film than the kind of music I’m usually associated with. Listening back I quite like how AEGEA goes along, as it has qualities that are both meditative and alien; but not alienating.”

Want a copy? Well, you’re gonna have to wait 6-8 weeks when this release will be on sale online. Or if you are old fashion and want to go to a store, a few will be available for sale at Madame Zuzu’s.
the gift that keeps on giving

Old 04-09-2014, 10:30 AM   #32
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
making a profit on $60 + shipping? lol! good one. how retarded do you need this fan to be?

i bet shipping will be even more than $60.
I don't understand the issue, he can charge shipping separate. There is some goober who will pay $250 eventually for it.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:44 AM   #33
Cool As Ice Cream

is there any interest in this? will they be able to sell all 250 copies?

either way, i really doubt this is a good investment. even if it sells out, most of those copies will be bought by someone hoping to make some profit on them. it won't work. nobody will ever pay $250 for this.

at the same time, this spnexusblog person seems to be very optimistic about the interest in this release:
Quote:
A first pressing will be offered in 250 vinyl copies
by using "a first pressing", they're implying there might be a second pressing.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:44 AM   #34
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana View Post
I don't understand the issue, he can charge shipping separate.
i don't understand what you're saying.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:50 AM   #35
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

I don't think I understood what you were saying actually lol.

Anyways, if slunken is in the states the shipping will be minor. Outside of the USA and shipping can suck ass.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:57 AM   #36
Cool As Ice Cream

i was saying that zuzus will obviously never offer decent shipping costs, even if you were living nextdoor. so if you want to make a profit, you need to take those shipping costs into account, on top of the already expensive price of 60 fucking dollars.

it just doesn't sound like a good plan. if this was priced normally, and if shipping costs ended up being normal, at least there's a chance you can sell it for a profit once it's sold out.

i'm not saying they can't sell it at $60 or whatever. they can do what they want. (i guess they rather sell 250 copies at $60 then try to sell 500 at $30 an and up with hundreds of unsold copies.)
but if i was trying to make an extra buck on the back of a limited release, i'd pick another release.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:15 AM   #37
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
i was saying that zuzus will obviously never offer decent shipping costs, even if you were living nextdoor. so if you want to make a profit, you need to take those shipping costs into account, on top of the already expensive price of 60 fucking dollars.

it just doesn't sound like a good plan. if this was priced normally, and if shipping costs ended up being normal, at least there's a chance you can sell it for a profit once it's sold out.

i'm not saying they can't sell it at $60 or whatever. they can do what they want. (i guess they rather sell 250 copies at $60 then try to sell 500 at $30 an and up with hundreds of unsold copies.)
but if i was trying to make an extra buck on the back of a limited release, i'd pick another release.
True.

However, I don't know how much they charge for shipping. Never tried buying from them. I just think the USA shipping will be good because of the way it is set up in general.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:16 AM   #38
Cool As Ice Cream

i was assuming these would be sold through the teashop's webshop. and so i also assumed all orders would be handled from within the teashop by that airplane mode waitress.

http://www.smashingpumpkinsnexus.com...9-324B3C2EEE4D
Quote:
Also announced were plans to release a series of experimental recordings from 2007 (which will appear on a private press label sold through Zuzu’s), as well as the possibility of an extensive Siddhartha set offered for release later this year; in exclusive vinyl, collectors sets.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:19 AM   #39
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana View Post
However, I don't know how much they charge for shipping.
me neither.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:23 AM   #40
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

I won't be buying one anyways so... meh.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:24 PM   #41
T&T
Socialphobic

can we start a leak thread?

Old 04-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #42
Shallowed
Braindead

Let's wait for someone to announce that they're leaking it first. No need to make an announcement of an announcement.

Old 04-09-2014, 04:15 PM   #43
slunken
Virgo

the shipping cost is going to be comparable/regular USPS shipping rates. this isn't rocket science.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:27 PM   #44
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

It's shameful that they're trying to turn a profit for their tea shop by trying to exploit SP fans. I refuse to support any of this rubbish, so I'll resort to downloading it instead. I hope this doesn't become a trend for future SP releases, namely the reissues.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:43 PM   #45
slunken
Virgo

Yes the rest of the reissues are going to be sold exclusively on the counter next to the register at Zuzus

Old 04-09-2014, 08:44 PM   #46
slunken
Virgo

I like this limited release just because it confuses retarded sp fans

Old 04-09-2014, 08:56 PM   #47
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
Yes the rest of the reissues are going to be sold exclusively on the counter next to the register at Zuzus
I wouldn't put it past them anymore.

If he doesn't mind selling tea at SP concerts, then I don't see why he would mind doing some kind of limited edition crap with some SP releases at zuzu's.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:07 PM   #48
slunken
Virgo

But it's not exclusive to the tea shop.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:08 PM   #49
slunken
Virgo

I don't see the problem.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:16 PM   #50
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

That's true, the reissues wouldn't be or any future SP releases because they're tied to big labels. Though, if he wanted to, he could do something like an exclusive limited edition lithograph of an Adore photo. But there other things, like the Chicago songs, that he could sell exclusively through his tea shop label. For me it's just the principal of the matter, I'd buy a limited edition lithograph of Yelena's work but not if I'm forced to support his tea shop.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:40 PM   #51
slunken
Virgo

Tea shop label?

Any money corgan gets "supports" his tea shop. I don't understand.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:57 PM   #52
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Also announced were plans to release a series of experimental recordings from 2007 (which will appear on a private press label sold through Zuzu’s), as well as the possibility of an extensive Siddhartha set offered for release later this year; in exclusive vinyl, collectors sets.
That's the part that made me think that they have more plans to sell music and exclusives directly through zuzu's.

I can't say for certain how Billy funds his shop at this point, if he has investors or not, or what deals he has with the town and his previous partners, but I understand your point. I don't have a problem supporting SP music, or old solo/zwan music, but I don't want to do it through his tea shop. I just don't want to give their website any traffic or look at their teas, which is what they're essentially hoping for by doing this, that people will also spend a few more bucks to try some of their tea since they're already putting in an order.

Last edited by Araneae : 04-09-2014 at 10:11 PM.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:39 PM   #53
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneae View Post
but I don't want to do it through his tea shop. I just don't want to give their website any traffic or look at their teas, which is what they're essentially hoping for by doing this, that people will also spend a few more bucks to try some of their tea since they're already putting in an order.
Why? Why care?

Old 04-09-2014, 11:02 PM   #54
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Why care about what?

Why care about anything?

I don't want any part of it. That's why. It's just a personal choice.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:18 PM   #55
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

I don't know why his little tea shop is a line in the sand. Supposedly his tea shop is better able to fill orders than the sp online shop did.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:39 PM   #56
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

I wouldn't say it's a line in the sand, there are just certain things that I don't want to support of his and that's just one of them.

Maybe the official site could if Billy actually hired and invested in a professional to handle it, a good start would be to hire a proper web designer. Anyway, I personally never ordered from the online SP shop, I always went through my local record store.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:08 AM   #57
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Fast forward 10 years when Billy is going to release the Final Metro show only on limited vinyl.

'So Billy...how much are you going to charge for the upcoming limited vinyl edition?'

>>>

Old 04-10-2014, 04:31 PM   #58
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreatorkind View Post
Wu-Tang Clan is already releasing an album for $1,000,000.00. Not ground breaking to do it in ten years....
that's misleading. it's a "single sale collectors item"

Old 04-10-2014, 05:39 PM   #59
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
Tea shop label?

Any money corgan gets "supports" his tea shop. I don't understand.
it's underwater, probably.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:55 PM   #60
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

It's like how starbucks sells music. Also, zuzu's is like his creative hub outside sp and this release isn't really an sp thing.