Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2014, 01:30 PM   #1
The Omega Concern
Banned

Default Better late than never Mr. Noam Chomsky:

Are there any Obamatards left? part deux...

Old 07-08-2014, 01:33 PM   #2
The Omega Concern
Banned

Chomsky: Obama ‘Determined To Demolish The Foundations Of Our Civil Liberties’

Progressive hero Noam Chomsky is terrified of the surveillance state that has developed during the tenure of President Barack Obama, calling it a grave threat to our fundamental civil liberties.

“It is of no slight import that the project is being executed in one of the freest countries in the world, and in radical violation of the U.S. Constitution’s Bill of Rights, which protects citizens from ‘unreasonable searches and seizures,’ and guarantees the privacy of their persons, houses, papers and effects,” Chomsky said.

“Much as government lawyers may try, there is no way to reconcile these principles with the assault on the population revealed in the Snowden documents.”

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/04/ch...#ixzz36toR46fU

Old 07-08-2014, 05:07 PM   #3
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Rest in piss Noam Chomsky!

Old 07-08-2014, 05:08 PM   #4
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Noam Chomsky waited 80 years to criticize big government!

Old 07-08-2014, 05:09 PM   #5
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

He Chomsky! Stop repeating the liberal media narrative and talk about our rights!

Old 07-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #6
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

hahahahaha jesus christ

Old 07-08-2014, 06:37 PM   #7
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
Noam Chomsky waited 80 years to criticize big government!

It just took a full-fledged despot that he initially voted for to see the light.

Twas easy to see if you looked, but most progressives bought the lie: that Barack Obama is a character created by the good folks at the weather underground to follow the Saul Alinsky protocols and induce the Howard-Cliven strategy to undermine America. A character played by one Barry Seotoro.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:40 PM   #8
Trotskilicious
Banned

did he vote for obama? i find that hard to believe

you seem to be profoundly unfamiliar with chomsky, which is very amusing to us right now

Old 07-08-2014, 07:41 PM   #9
Trotskilicious
Banned

and by very i mean incredibly

he's just been one of those "liberal boogey-men" to you until now, huh? remarkable.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:15 PM   #10
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

name a president Chomsky hasn't completely skewered

Old 07-08-2014, 08:46 PM   #11
Trotskilicious
Banned

the guy has been a profound critic of the status quo for some time now

thing is, his theories are logically sound and don't rely on a secretive cabal of satanistic evildoers to conduct

like in Manufacturing Consent where he and Edward Herman go over the ways popular media creates consent of the government. it's not because there's some kind of cabal at work, it's the best interests of humans, it's in the media's best interest to keep getting access to these people so they have to respect the opinions and the government is acting in their best interests as well, which may be because of a secret evil pedo cabal

what i like about the manufacturing consent theory is that it doesn't put the media in cahoots with the pedo cabal, basically they are the unwitting mouthpiece of a system

ultimately i think systems are what rule us all, not this secret pedo cabal. everyone's doing what is best for their system WATCH THE WIRE GODDAMNIT

Old 07-08-2014, 10:58 PM   #12
Order 66
Socialphobic

i agree but the main thing is he has a faggy name. noam is something you call a lawn gnome. maybe he he wasn't so narrow minded he'd still be alive

Old 07-09-2014, 09:32 PM   #13
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
did he vote for obama? i find that hard to believe

you seem to be profoundly unfamiliar with chomsky, which is very amusing to us right now
as I understand it, yes, he supported the Democratic candidate in '08.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:49 PM   #14
Bread Regal
Banned

Man you must literally know nothing about Noam Chomsky.

edit: i see trots has already covered that.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:54 PM   #15
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
No, it manufactures consent, or at least attempts to constantly.
Quote:
yeah that's the name of the book you didn't read/understand, good job.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:54 PM   #16
Trotskilicious
Banned

literally goddamn nothing

Old 07-09-2014, 09:55 PM   #17
Bread Regal
Banned

but we've been over this before

Old 07-09-2014, 09:59 PM   #18
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
the guy has been a profound critic of the status quo for some time now

thing is, his theories are logically sound and don't rely on a secretive cabal of satanistic evildoers to conduct

ultimately i think systems are what rule us all, not this secret pedo cabal. everyone's doing what is best for their system WATCH THE WIRE GODDAMNIT

the cabal exist, there is a flow chart. How they operate is comparable to NFL owners in that they are in competition with each other for the same prize: Which of them is going to control the 'global governance' shitbag they have in store for us.

Some of them puppeteer'd 9/11 for many reasons, a big one being the Patriot Act, which brought groups like the Christian Coalition the ACLU together to condemn. It all has led us to the very thing Chomsky recognizes as supremely dangerous, yet Chomsky doesn't understand the manipulation of 9/11. In that regard, he's more status quo than ultimate truth seeker and therefore does not understand fully what's at hand with the handful of Trillionaire families that make up this cabal (or maybe he does, he just doesn't dare cross that rubicon).

These same western anglo banksters are seemingly facing an actual challenge to their dominance over currency markets the last 300 years or so. BRICS convenes next week:

Quote:
China and the BRICS are moving to establish counter-institutions to
unseat the power of the Asian Development bank, the World bank and the
IMF.

http://www.thechinamoneyreport.com/2...oss-the-globe/

all the chaos you see in the ME, Ukraine and the Asian peninsula are brought to you by these "NFL owner" type cabalist just playing their high-stakes poker. buzz is the Rockefeller's are getting over on the Rothchilds atm.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:07 PM   #19
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
Man you must literally know nothing about Noam Chomsky.

edit: i see trots has already covered that.

Bread, Trots...stop trying to entrap me. You can't do it, its a waste of your time. be cynical of me, skeptical if you must, but if you want to discredit me, your gonna have to search things out the way I do, and none of you do that. so...

In an interview with The Real News Network Noam Chomsky says that people should vote against McCain and for Obama - but without illusions.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-re..._b_136248.html

OK? I knew of this swing state push with him in '08. That's why I stated in here he supported the Dem in '08, to which you and Trots were implying I was wrong. And you say I don't know anything about him. fukoff with that shit. it aint gonna work.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:20 PM   #20
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
name a president Chomsky hasn't completely skewered

Through Obama, Chomsky is recognizing the Presidency itself has devolved and as such is allowing a surveillance state to manifest at a rapid rate. Obama was supposed to be a change from all that, and you believed him. I'd like to think your over that now.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:23 PM   #21
The Omega Concern
Banned

Dem. Rep. Rips Obama: 'Aloof,' 'Bizarre,' and 'Detached'

Democratic congressman Henry Cuellar ripped President Obama for being "aloof" and "detached" by not visiting the Texas border to see first hand the immigration crisis. Cuellar made the comments on MSNBC:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ed_796290.html

Old 07-09-2014, 10:28 PM   #22
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
Bread, Trots...stop trying to entrap me. You can't do it, its a waste of your time. be cynical of me, skeptical if you must, but if you want to discredit me, your gonna have to search things out the way I do, and none of you do that. so...
yeah no shit chomsky tried to persuade the public to vote against the worse of two parties in a two party system. what of it? none of this really supports your stance that he's recently undergone a dramatic change in personal politics.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:31 PM   #23
Bread Regal
Banned

Like, did you even finish reading the headline of the article you linked to?

Old 07-09-2014, 10:36 PM   #24
Trotskilicious
Banned

it's easy to discredit you when you think chomsky is some kind of progovernment liberal boogey-man, which he isn't and never has been

he's one of the greatest critics of the post-capitalist state that we have. you'd do some favors for your own self-declared incredible open mindedness to get a chomsky reader or something.

WITHOUT
ILLUSIONS

and where's the story about chomsky endorsing obama over romney?

Old 07-09-2014, 10:38 PM   #25
Trotskilicious
Banned

Chomsky stated “I think they should spend five or ten minutes on it. Seeing if there’s a point in taking part in the carefully orchestrated electoral extravaganza. And my own judgment, for what it’s worth, is, yes, there’s a point to taking a part.”

Professor Chomsky said he will probably vote for Jill Stein for president in effort to push a genuine electoral alternative, but that if he lived in a swing state he would vote “against Romney-Ryan, which means voting for Obama.”

carefully elected electoral extravaganza

to be perfectly frank, omega, this guy should be one of your allies

Old 07-09-2014, 10:57 PM   #26
D.
Consume my pants.

What's a good starter read for Chomsky??

Old 07-09-2014, 11:18 PM   #27
Trotskilicious
Banned

the chomsky reader

i mean there really is one

also there's a term for the manufacturing consent theory,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_model

chomsky is one of the few leftists that the conspiracy theorists should have some respect for

Old 07-09-2014, 11:20 PM   #28
Trotskilicious
Banned

best thing is that the propaganda model just keeps being more true all the time:

Global warming, the media gives near equal balance to people who deny climate change despite only "about one percent" of climate scientists taking this view. Chomsky commented that there are "three sides" on climate change (deniers, those who follow the scientific consensus, and people who think that the consensus underestimates the threat from global warming), but in framing the debate the media usually ignore people who say that the scientific consensus is unduly optimistic

Old 07-09-2014, 11:21 PM   #29
Trotskilicious
Banned

i mean we've had so many discussions over the past decade plus about ultimately how asinine it is for the media to give people who literally do not fucking know what they are talking about a microphone and respect them enough to allow them to spew their factually incorrect bullshit into it. we have a whole network practically dedicated to it.

remember death panels. horrifying government death panels. the networks actually sat down and gave creedence to this idea

at no point did anyone go "People get dropped from their health insurance often when they are facing terminal illness. Right now this is happening, at this moment, and it's being done by private companies. WHY ARE YOU NOT ENRAGED ABOUT THIS ALREADY?"

Old 07-09-2014, 11:25 PM   #30
Trotskilicious
Banned

the new media narrative is exactly why troglodytes like omega exist, why people like beltashazzanar or whatever think their bullshit is legitimate, and how people act like any time anyone factually disproves fucking anything at all, they are "implementing bias"

it's just a tragic state of affairs. still watching the skies for the purifying asteroid