protectionism and class reductionism is like straw house leftism

really susceptible to a fashy wind

Old 09-01-2020, 07:25 PM   #632
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
It takes a big man. Good on you.
It’s very funny that you’ve spent days attacking me and acting immature because you can’t think of a good reason to vote for Biden besides him not being Trump. This entire thread has been you lashing out at me for your own failures.

Old 09-01-2020, 07:34 PM   #633
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
protectionism and class reductionism is like straw house leftism

really susceptible to a fashy wind
How?

Old 09-01-2020, 07:53 PM   #634
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
It’s very funny that you’ve spent days attacking me and acting immature because you can’t think of a good reason to vote for Biden besides him not being Trump. This entire thread has been you lashing out at me for your own failures.
Red herring. You made false claims and got checked. Now you’re trying to move the goalposts again.

Old 09-01-2020, 08:00 PM   #635
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Red herring. You made false claims and got checked. Now you’re trying to move the goalposts again.
I’ve actually admitted when I was wrong, but you have yet to address the insanity of your claiming Biden doesn’t need my vote after spending the entire thread insisting he did. I expect another “red herring” or personal attack while you refuse to acknowledge your hypocrisy or explain why I should vote for Biden without mentioning Trump.

Old 09-01-2020, 08:13 PM   #636
redbreegull

Quote:
I’ve actually admitted when I was wrong, but you have yet to address the insanity of your claiming Biden doesn’t need my vote after spending the entire thread insisting he did. I expect another “red herring” or personal attack while you refuse to acknowledge your hypocrisy or explain why I should vote for Biden without mentioning Trump.
You are addressing two separate points here. The first is a straw man. I never said Biden needs your vote, and you know that. Quite the opposite, I’ve told you at least a dozen times now progressives who won’t vote for Biden are a very small minority and you amplify yourselves in insular spaces online. Biden needs the suburbanites who stayed home in PA WI MI MN in 2016 to win.

The second point, why you should vote for Biden, is that the morally correct path is to keep the greater evil out. Since you haven’t responded seriously to anyone’s questions about how Trump winning again will alleviate more suffering in the long run other than pure conjecture, there’s not much else I can say. You just don’t really adhere to utilitarianism and aren’t willing to answer questions about the judiciary and the erosion of government institutions and how that could be magically healed in 2024, there’s really nothing logical I can say to you. Nothing will change your mind.

And lastly, if you have admitted when you are wrong, recant your asinine claim that advocating universal healthcare will help Biden electorally.

Old 09-01-2020, 08:22 PM   #637
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

You keep whining about the judiciary when McConnell established a precedent of being able to block Supreme Court Nominees in a President’s second term. What’s stopping Pelosi and/or Schumer from doing that, especially if Dems take the Senate? You are acting as if he needs my vote, or else you would not be angry at me for stating I’m voting Green. If my vote is irrelevant to Biden’s chances of winning, you can’t possibly argue it’s immoral for me not to vote for him. Stop being inconsistent. Do you really fail to see that decades of people making the arguments about voting for a “lesser evil” have lead us to an election in which the two main candidates are right wing racist authoritarians? I don’t think you realize how bad Biden and Harris are on crime or war either. Like Y S E M said, you are not thinking about the massive suffering that will happen under Biden and Harris. I’m not recanting that claim, because it’s not asinine. M4A is a progressive policy. Biden is struggling with progressives. Biden would do much better with progressives if he supported that policy. How is any of that wrong? Stop acting like Trump is some unique evil and not the natural conclusion of every president since Carter.

Old 09-01-2020, 08:30 PM   #638
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
How?
praising nationalism (he supported elements of Trump's Trade War) and downplaying social issues (he has attacked "SJWs") bolsters a kind of white identity politics

all you need is someone to come along and say "well you know immigration lowers wages for unskilled Americans..."

now you've got a bunch of Nazbols

Old 09-01-2020, 08:37 PM   #639
redbreegull

Quote:
You keep whining about the judiciary when McConnell established a precedent of being able to block Supreme Court Nominees in a President’s second term. What’s stopping Pelosi and/or Schumer from doing that, especially if Dems take the Senate? You are acting as if he needs my vote, or else you would not be angry at me for stating I’m voting Green. If my vote is irrelevant to Biden’s chances of winning, you can’t possibly argue it’s immoral for me not to vote for him. Stop being inconsistent. Do you really fail to see that decades of people making the arguments about voting for a “lesser evil” have lead us to an election in which the two main candidates are right wing racist authoritarians? I don’t think you realize how bad Biden and Harris are on crime or war either. Like Y S E M said, you are not thinking about the massive suffering that will happen under Biden and Harris. I’m not recanting that claim, because it’s not asinine. M4A is a progressive policy. Biden is struggling with progressives. Biden would do much better with progressives if he supported that policy. How is any of that wrong? Stop acting like Trump is some unique evil and not the natural conclusion of every president since Carter.
So again you won’t answer anything that is being said to you. I’m done tutoring you at the writing center. Go ahead and take the C-. Welcome to my ignore list. You and the other most obnoxious disingenuous dumbshit here, your new buddy N-word-Loren will be very happy there together

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

a missed opportunity to inform him that we call him things as various as Wild Bill, Bruce Corgan, BiCorg, Bilco, Barry Borgan, Billiam Fatshit Organ, Bilby Corpsman, Birdy Crogan, Bully Cordon, Burly Curlman, and Willy Billy Catshit Oregon

Old 09-01-2020, 09:09 PM   #640
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
praising nationalism (he supported elements of Trump's Trade War) and downplaying social issues (he has attacked "SJWs") bolsters a kind of white identity politics

all you need is someone to come along and say "well you know immigration lowers wages for unskilled Americans..."

now you've got a bunch of Nazbols
Being in favor of protectionism and thinking a hyper focus on social issues distracts from more important economic issues are hardly uncommon positions for leftists.

Old 09-01-2020, 09:10 PM   #641
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Personal attacks, a refusal to respond to any of my queries despite demanding I respond to all of his, and his usual tantrum when I question his logic. RBG ladies and gentlemen.

Old 09-01-2020, 09:18 PM   #642
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Squishy is an idiot troll. Stop feeding him

Old 09-01-2020, 09:27 PM   #643
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
Only the second person to make it to my ignore list

Old 09-01-2020, 10:19 PM   #644
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Only the second person to make it to my ignore list

Old 09-01-2020, 11:50 PM   #645
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 09-02-2020, 09:10 AM   #646
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
It’s really disturbing that you guys don’t realize I’m not trolling (certainly threw some snark in my posts tho and I will respond with jokes if consistently attacked like RBG did) and simply have a different opinion. This is an echo chamber and the only person who is apparently not part of it besides me is Y S E M.

Old 09-02-2020, 09:46 AM   #647
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

I really couldn't care less who squish votes for.

Old 09-02-2020, 11:54 AM   #648
yo soy el mejor

they're both off the chain although trump is clearly losing his hold on reality probably as a result of those baby strokes.

Old 09-02-2020, 11:57 AM   #649
yo soy el mejor

the debate is gonna boil down to a battle royale cognition test and egg run

and neither dude will mention sexual assault because it's an unspoken truce or some junk.

Old 09-02-2020, 12:11 PM   #650
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post

and neither dude will mention sexual assault because it's an unspoken truce or some junk.
They have to identify an elephant a tv a woman a boy

Then pick which they’re most likely to molest

If they get at least 3/10 on the test plus 4/10 of the votes they win

Either way we continue to fucken die

Old 09-02-2020, 12:23 PM   #651
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post

If only dumbass Nickelodeon had played its cards right, in place of the boring old horrible insultingly shallow spectacle of the debates, we might have seen instead hannity hosting something worthwhile like this

Old 09-02-2020, 12:28 PM   #652
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Just imagine maddow gently helping us to get ever angrier about what we’re seeing here:

Old 09-02-2020, 12:39 PM   #653
redbreegull

I still think Biden should just decline to debate Trump. We know the debates hardly change anyone's mind even in a regular election cycle, and in this era of extreme negative partisanship, I doubt it will have any effect at all. Biden only stands to lose by agreeing to debate a pathological liar who speaks like he put his notes through a blender.

Old 09-02-2020, 12:59 PM   #654
yo soy el mejor

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
If only dumbass Nickelodeon had played its cards right, in place of the boring old horrible insultingly shallow spectacle of the debates, we might have seen instead hannity hosting something worthwhile like this
i feel cheated

Old 09-02-2020, 01:01 PM   #655
yo soy el mejor

the inaugural address:

Old 09-02-2020, 01:01 PM   #656
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Just imagine maddow gently helping us to get ever angrier about what we’re seeing here:
grrrr

Old 09-02-2020, 01:02 PM   #657
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I still think Biden should just decline to debate Trump. We know the debates hardly change anyone's mind even in a regular election cycle, and in this era of extreme negative partisanship, I doubt it will have any effect at all. Biden only stands to lose by agreeing to debate a pathological liar who speaks like he put his notes through a blender.
Strong disagree

Declining the debate would be seen as a sign of weakness and play into the “hiding in his basement” narrative

The people need to see the contrast

Old 09-02-2020, 01:03 PM   #658
yo soy el mejor

gonna have to sit real close to the fookin screen and have a magnifying glass nearby

Old 09-02-2020, 01:21 PM   #659
redbreegull

Quote:
Strong disagree

Declining the debate would be seen as a sign of weakness and play into the “hiding in his basement” narrative

The people need to see the contrast
that's what everyone says but historically debates hardly matter at all (we know because polling is a thing) and negative partisanship is stronger right now than at any point since like I don't even know, possibly the civil war.

who is going to switch from Biden to Trump because of something like that? Nothing Trump does matters to his base. Nothing Biden does is going to matter to the Dems because they want Trump out so bad. Maybe you are thinking of undecided voters, but polls show there are far fewer undecideds this year than in 2016. I just don't think it makes a difference. Biden only sets himself up to say something stupid by debating Trump. And Trump and Fox News are already saying Biden is weak and senile and sleepy, and they will say the exact same thing about his debate performance, and they will say the exact same thing if he declines to debate.

I do think there will be debates, I just think it's a failure of imagination to believe the debates, especially this year, will have above nominal impact at all.

Old 09-02-2020, 01:43 PM   #660
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
that's what everyone says but historically debates hardly matter at all (we know because polling is a thing) and negative partisanship is stronger right now than at any point since like I don't even know, possibly the civil war.

who is going to switch from Biden to Trump because of something like that? Nothing Trump does matters to his base. Nothing Biden does is going to matter to the Dems because they want Trump out so bad. Maybe you are thinking of undecided voters, but polls show there are far fewer undecideds this year than in 2016. I just don't think it makes a difference. Biden only sets himself up to say something stupid by debating Trump. And Trump and Fox News are already saying Biden is weak and senile and sleepy, and they will say the exact same thing about his debate performance, and they will say the exact same thing if he declines to debate.

I do think there will be debates, I just think it's a failure of imagination to believe the debates, especially this year, will have above nominal impact at all.
Ok but why u gotta b so derisive with like “polling is a thing”

Ok ok u r officially the smartest most data driven level headed motherfucker in the whole total thread or even on this whole god damn very important forumboard. Happy?

Last edited by run2pee : 09-02-2020 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Sorry for the edit but my dad gets on my ass about le mot juste