Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2018, 12:33 PM   #11
Gooch
Apocalyptic Poster

I was here before 200, lurking in 97-98. I remember when the theme changed to Adore as well (when was that - curious to know). It was so exciting. And many times it was mean spirited aggressiveness and negativity but u knew where it was coming from and everyone had "an understanding" and people on here were so nice and giving, most anyway. (except for the L33t hoarders). And how awesome was it when the Font sets came out? And checking in the main page every day to see it change to the machina theme (which it never did). Adore came out, seeing the euro free shows outside made me jealous that the USA couldn't do the same thing, but being inspired by the proceeds all going to charity. And then the Arising shows were amazing. If you missed the Arising era, you missed out. That I think was the perfect time to be on Netphoria. The mixture of excitement, cynicism, frustration, and surprise made you check the site every single day for the latest news. We all felt like something big was going to happen. Checking SPFC every night to see the setlists. Which used to change all the time btw, made it soooo much more interesting. Checking Jereon's site to see if anything new came up, spending hours downloading one mp3 at a time. I remember tank girl (shandi?) who's only goal in life was to own every single recording no matter the quality. She was super nice to do B+P's with me. The triple tree excitement was awesome. Checking people's boot lists, remember that?