Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2003, 06:56 PM   #1
Eulogy
huh

Red face Glad to hear that Chino was talking some shit about his tourmates

Heard on the radio that he said something along the lines of, 'I'm pissed that I'm opening for Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park...two bands that would not be here if it weren't for us.' I'd rather him say something like, 'I hate Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park and am only touring with them for the money,' but this will do. He said something negative about Metallica too...can't remember what though.

They'd better schedule a Chicago date around this tour. Because I need to see them.

Old 06-03-2003, 07:38 PM   #2
toyschoketoys
delete delete

Thumbs up

Biffy supported them tonight in glasgow at the brea head arena.

Mon the biffy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-03-2003, 11:54 PM   #3
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

Surely The Deftones deserve a bit more respect than Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit, if even only for the fact that they're the elders of state, so to speak. (The fact that I personally think their music is better nonwithstanding.)

But as we all know, who headlines the bill of a major ensemble rock tour = who is currently the most popular and draws the biggest demographic crowd. It cannot necessarily be equated with quality or talent.

Old 06-04-2003, 09:41 AM   #4
ava transformer
Apocalyptic Poster

i am tired of how every critic says deftones ripp off korn or whatever but korn used to open for the deftones. korn was just lucky to be hella commericalized.

Old 06-04-2003, 10:30 AM   #5
Travis Meekz
Minion of Satan

Thumbs down

hmm, I don't have time to find the quotes but they were pretty harsh. He said something like he was gonna show Metallica how to put on a show....all they do is stand around and play.

Chino is a fucking idiot. Yes Deftones> Linkin Bizkit but Metallica is wayyyyyy > Deftones, especially live.

Chino should shut up, Deftones are overrated and not as original and ground breaking as he may think

love when bands gotta start trouble when their album is about to hit the stores. Marketing rocks.

Last edited by Travis Meeks : 06-04-2003 at 01:51 PM.

Old 06-04-2003, 10:59 AM   #6
mono
Apocalyptic Poster

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Travis Meeks
but Metallica is wayyyyyy > Metallica

Old 06-04-2003, 11:14 AM   #7
crescentfresh
Minion of Satan

Lightbulb

I haven't even heard the Deftones live, but from the dozen of people I have talked to who HAVE, they all said they were horrible. And yeah, it sounds like they're all going to suck. He should shut up and take it like a man. No one is holding a gun to his head to be on the tour.

Old 06-04-2003, 11:48 AM   #8
Eulogy
huh

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by crescentfresh
they all said they were horrible.
Well that sucks. Maybe I don't want to see them then.

But then again, everyone said the same thing about Garbage, and they really had their shit together when I saw them. But I dunno.

Old 06-04-2003, 11:58 AM   #9
crescentfresh
Minion of Satan

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Eulogy

But then again, everyone said the same thing about Garbage, and they really had their shit together when I saw them.
hehehe, you saw Garbage.

Old 06-04-2003, 12:41 PM   #10
Eulogy
huh

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by crescentfresh

hehehe, you saw Garbage.
Yes, I did. And they were very very good. Say what you want about some of their stuff....but overall, they are really quite good.

#1 Crush, Queer, Stroke of Luck, As Heaven is Wide, Vow, Milk, My Lover's Box, Temptation Waits, I Think I'm Paranoid, Medication, Hammering in My Head, Push It, The Trick is to Keep Breathing, Parade, Nobody Loves You, Silence is Golden, Drive You Home, and So Like a Rose are all fucking awesome. And the other songs are cool too. I love Garbage.

I'll admit that there are about 5 songs on Beautiful Garbage that are total ass though. :-/

Old 06-04-2003, 01:50 PM   #11
Travis Meekz
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally posted by mono
err, Metallica is wayyyy > Deftones I mean

Old 06-04-2003, 02:41 PM   #12
Thoughtless
Minion of Satan

metallica is a lot more talented than deftones, that's for sure, but i hate metallica, so it's ok.

Old 06-04-2003, 04:25 PM   #13
FearFactory
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally posted by ava transformer
i am tired of how every critic says deftones ripp off korn or whatever but korn used to open for the deftones. korn was just lucky to be hella commericalized.
Yes. If you'll take a look in the first Korn booklet, it credits the "Def tones".

Old 06-04-2003, 04:57 PM   #14
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

Quote:
Originally posted by Eulogy

Yes, I did. And they were very very good. Say what you want about some of their stuff....but overall, they are really quite good.

#1 Crush, Queer, Stroke of Luck, As Heaven is Wide, Vow, Milk, My Lover's Box, Temptation Waits, I Think I'm Paranoid, Medication, Hammering in My Head, Push It, The Trick is to Keep Breathing, Parade, Nobody Loves You, Silence is Golden, Drive You Home, and So Like a Rose are all fucking awesome. And the other songs are cool too. I love Garbage.

I'll admit that there are about 5 songs on Beautiful Garbage that are total ass though. :-/
I've seen Garbage four times - twice they were opening for the Pumpkins though. I just saw them about six months ago and they totally rocked. Like you I'm not digging their new album as much as their other two though. And I've seen the Deftones twice and thought they were quite good so if they come to town, I'd at least check them out.

Old 06-05-2003, 08:41 AM   #15
Kid Sane
Pledge

right. deftones incorporate taste and melody in their songs

Old 06-05-2003, 09:47 AM   #16
DeadOpera
Minion of Satan

i've seen deftones live and they were pretty good. mind you they can suck live, i've heard boots. Still, they can put on a hell of a show.
I've seen garbadge a few times and they played great one time and the other times i didn't enjoy them.. it was blah