Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2017, 02:51 PM   #31
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Also, I attribute not feeling as connected to Billy Corgan and SP with a resolution of a lot of the feelings that drew me to the music: sadness, anger, etc. I mean, sure I still feel those emotions but not in the same way that SP's music necessarily resonates with.

Billy Corgan has also made a fool of himself in his personal but not really personal at all life. He's associated with some awful people that have actively tried to destroy the world and the future for our children. How he can live with this cognitive dissonance when he just had a child himself I don't know. So for the most part, SP has negative connotations at this point for me.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:28 AM   #32
BlissedandGone2
Minion of Satan

Location: You don't play guitar hero if you are a guitar hero.

mini cupcakes for your wedding??? how cheap.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:36 AM   #33
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Look: more negative sp conotations thanks to blissedandgone2

Will this nightmare never end?

Old 04-30-2017, 10:34 AM   #34
run2pee
Minion of Satan

saw two handsome dudes gay married yesterday, one of whose moms acoustic trio played "today" as the walkaway/recessional

pretty coll ext. version with a violin solo before 2nd verse.

thankfully his mom didn't do the "yehhhhh-uh" after the "i burn my eyes out" can't FUCKEN stand when bill adds that shit live

Old 04-30-2017, 03:10 PM   #35
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
Also, I attribute not feeling as connected to Billy Corgan and SP with a resolution of a lot of the feelings that drew me to the music: sadness, anger, etc. I mean, sure I still feel those emotions but not in the same way that SP's music necessarily resonates with.
I think this is a good rundown of how I feel about the music; it meant the world to me as a teen when I was having all those strong emotions and didn't know what to do with them

And I can listen now and I look back and remember feeling that way, and it's a good/sad feeling, but I will never actually feel that angst again today

(Also holy shit he calls women whores/crazy a lot and that's pretty uncomfortable now)

I guess what keeps me coming back every time he puts out something new is the hope that it will make me feel something, but every time it's just so…clinical and unfeeling, so unemotional

I don't need him to channel that teenage pain again because that would be just plain creepy at this point, but something's got to be there; his expressiveness is what always shined through in the music for me and I haven't felt like that component is present in anything he's done in many years

Old 04-30-2017, 03:42 PM   #36
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Lightbulb

I mean I really hate to say this but maybe it's time somebody killed his cats so he goes full John Wick on the music industry

https://movietube.online/images/john...1422966300.gif

https://68.media.tumblr.com/1f125e17...vncso1_500.gif