Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 06-02-2003, 03:43 AM   #1
VegasPumpkin
Apocalyptic Poster

Default Year of the Rabbit 5/31 at the Joint in Vegas

Last nights show was a great show. I was afraid that they would only play for 20 minutes because they were first on a 3 band bill (with Grandaddy and Pete Yorn). They played for 45 minutes and made some new fans. I am a huge Failure fan so it was great to finally be able to see Ken Andrews perform. Towards the end of their first song, the PA went out so we couldn't hear any vocals until the middle of the second song. Other than that it was a great show. I got a setlist and I'll post what they played at the bottom of this review. I was able to get the setlist signed by the whole band except for the bass player. I was able to chat with Ken Andrews for a while and he was really cool. It was probably the longest talk I've ever had with any so called "rock star." I told him to look into playing Vegas when they do a headlining tour and said that I would do what I could to promote the show. He gave me an email address to get a hold of him and he said that he would definately get in touch with me when they come through town again. He was a really cool guy. All in all, it was a great show. I didn't stick around for Grandaddy or Pete Yorn though.
Here's the setlist:

I Wanna Be Adored
Lie Down
Absent Stars
Strange Eyes
Let It Go
Hunted
River
Vaporize
Last Defense
Rabbit Hole

Some of those song titles could be shortened, but I'm not sure because I'm only familiar with the songs on the EP.

Old 06-02-2003, 03:53 AM   #2
Fattening Ass
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Thumbs up

fuckin' A.

I've heard stories from alot of YOTR fans about ken being really fucking cool. i have never met him . I missed the 2 shows they had at the wiltern because of a lack of $. im so pissed. I hope to catch one or more of their headlining shows when they come back around. What did ken say? You should e-mail him and ask him if he would be cool and e-mail me ON lyrics. but anyways, awesome man.

did you enjoy the show? what did you think of YOTR? I think they are great. Still in the early stages, but good shit none the less.

Ken andrews is my favorite musician. I love almost everything the man does.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-02-2003, 03:58 AM   #3
Fattening Ass

Default Re: Year of the Rabbit 5/31 at the Joint in Vegas

Quote:
Originally posted by VegasPumpkin

Here's the setlist:

I Wanna Be Adored
Lie Down
Absent Stars
Strange Eyes
Let It Go
Hunted
River
Vaporize
Last Defense
Rabbit Hole

Some of those song titles could be shortened, but I'm not sure because I'm only familiar with the songs on the EP.
those titles are the real deal. you should visit the message boards @ http://www.placidminds.com/YOTR . Thats where most of us (what little we are) YOTR fans are.

Old 06-02-2003, 04:10 AM   #4
Fattening Ass

Default post #3

btw,

I think this is gonna be ken (and crew's) big break. He's struggled so long to get his music out there and it looks like it finally is gonna happen. I've already seen an increase of new fans around the YOTR scene. I am excited for Ken & YOTR.

Last edited by Fattening Ass : 06-02-2003 at 04:33 AM.

Old 06-06-2003, 06:32 PM   #5
BlueStar
Newly independent

Thumbs up

When I went to see Pete Yorn, I was very pleasantly surprised by Year of the Rabbit...I thought they were very good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-06-2003, 08:03 PM   #6
VegasPumpkin
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueStar
When I went to see Pete Yorn, I was very pleasantly surprised by Year of the Rabbit...I thought they were very good.
They are very good. I didn't stay for Pete Yorn though. I saw him open up for SDRE before he released his first album and thought that he was alright. I guess that Grandaddy wasn't even on the bill though. They were on their way to Europe so YOTR got to play for 45 minutes instead of 30.