Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2020, 08:49 PM   #301
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
Even ol Dumpster said the virus would slow down in the warmer months, but he is using that as an excuse quell any worries. The Spanish flu (H1N1) pandemic in 1918 also calmed in the warmer months, but came back worse in November and killed more people than the first rash (~200,000 in one month).
Yes and bloodletting was still practiced in 1918

Old 03-09-2020, 08:57 PM   #302
Shallowed
Braindead

I'm not really worried because I high-key wanna die anyway

Old 03-09-2020, 09:30 PM   #303
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Question

You guys ever cut open a golf ball? It's cool

Old 03-09-2020, 09:43 PM   #304
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Sometimes I cut golf balls open just to feel, y'know?

Old 03-09-2020, 09:56 PM   #305
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I've been off work for two days with a cold, out of courtesy. Not so sick I can't work, though it would be unpleasant.

Just sick enough that other people would be like gross, she is blowing her nose literally every 60 seconds, could she not just stay at home?

Thinking of chowing down on some decongestants tomorrow and going in, so I don't look unreliable... but don't know if that is really bad manners right now

Old 03-09-2020, 10:06 PM   #306
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Talking

I know how many dimples are on your dad's balls.

Ya know?

Old 03-10-2020, 12:24 AM   #307
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I've been off work for two days with a cold, out of courtesy. Not so sick I can't work, though it would be unpleasant.

Just sick enough that other people would be like gross, she is blowing her nose literally every 60 seconds, could she not just stay at home?

Thinking of chowing down on some decongestants tomorrow and going in, so I don't look unreliable... but don't know if that is really bad manners right now
Do you have to be really close to anyone? If you can keep enough of a distance, and make sure you are diligent with washing your hands and avoiding touching other people's stuff, then it's probably not a huge deal. No worse than what anyone would encounter anywhere in public. But if you have to share a phone with someone, or something equivalent, then you should wait.

I hate being around sick people, and it seems like I always am. At least one person in my family has been sick pretty fucking consistently since January. It's like we're on a hellish rotation. Luckily it's all been fairly minor, but bad enough to avoid work/school/applicable thing for a week. Each. Fevers are still scary every time, and coughs never seem to go away. Ready for a break.

Old 03-10-2020, 12:36 AM   #308
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I think it would just be a pain - good practice is to wash hands every time I blow my nose, and I blow my nose without exaggeration every minute or two, so I’m going to spend a lot of the day just blowing my nose and washing my hands.

I bought a decongestant and I’m trialling it now. If I can slow down the stream of snot enough that I can go in and not have to worry about it, I’ll definitely go

I’m close enough to people that if it were the other way around, I would find it gross and concerning

Sorry you have to be around sick people! I picked this up from my teenage son, who took four days off school. Now my husband is making noises about feeling unwell... :/ so I definitely get it. Sharing is caring apparently

Old 03-10-2020, 12:55 AM   #309
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I didn't think it was cold/flu/corona season for you guys down there quite yet. Ours is SUPPOSED to be coming to an end, but I feel like people in Oregon are always sick. Every outbreak definitely reaches this state quickly, and stays. Measles, whooping cough, this covid-19, etc.

If I have to hear one more mom in our little playgroup talk about how they choose not to vaccinate, or anything else relating to them being wrong about viruses and/or autism, I'm going to surprise every single one of them with how vicious I can be.

Old 03-10-2020, 01:47 AM   #310
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

people get the flu in south fl all year round, the one time i got it was in august.

Old 03-10-2020, 02:33 AM   #311
vixnix
Socialphobic

Yeah this was described to me as a ‘summer cold’ by someone on the weekend. We do get colds year round here, they’re just worse in winter. But my teenage son also had viral gastro earlier in the year - picked it up at a camp.

I never felt strongly about vaccines one way or another. I vaccinated my kids because the doctors told me to, and because vaccination records are required by schools and preschools. Not because I understand the science behind immunisation and epidemiology or anything

All my friends who are strongly pro vaccine and get really het up about it, have even less education in science than I do. So I don’t know where their firm beliefs come from. It’s weirdly almost religious even though the same people are usually Dawkinsites and Hitchensists and very VERY anti religion

Almost

Ironic

Old 03-10-2020, 06:47 AM   #312
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
You guys ever cut open a golf ball? It's cool
slicing up golf balls, whoa whoa whoa whoa!

Old 03-10-2020, 07:00 AM   #313
FoolofaTook

MonteLDS
@MonteLDS
·
Feb 21
COTILLIONS was exactly what I expected. Songs feel like they could been written from anytime between Mellon Collie to the present time. Although a lot of it reminded me of acoustic Zwan era tracks.
The title track is my favorite. There's lots to like on the solo album.

Old 03-10-2020, 07:00 AM   #314
FoolofaTook

from … between ... to

WHAT THE FUCK

Old 03-10-2020, 08:49 AM   #315
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Get ready to deal with this every few years. The permafrost is melting due to climate change. I guess this isn't why I'm too nervous about this, scientists and the like have been telling people this was coming for years. If we crash the economy every time a new disease hits, climate change will truly kill us all this century.

Old 03-10-2020, 01:54 PM   #316
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
what does 'whistling through the graveyard' mean? sounds like not worried about or oblivious to the death and trouble all around them, but i like to be sure.
Yeah pretty much what I meant. I guess the preferred phrasing is whistling past the graveyard so I screwed that up.

Old 03-10-2020, 09:20 PM   #317
ilikeplanets
Braindead

There's a limit on 2 hand sanitizers per customer and stores here are only stocked with 6 pack rolls of toilet paper. I want my mega pack, dammit!

Old 03-10-2020, 11:07 PM   #318
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

I saw a murder pigeon

Old 03-11-2020, 09:05 AM   #319
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Question

What are you kids singing to yourselves when you wash your hands? Me, I'm not a goddamn fucking baby, so I just count like an adult

Also I only do 10 seconds because my mom said I was really good at washing my hands

Old 03-11-2020, 09:25 AM   #320
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Thumbs up

Old 03-11-2020, 09:48 AM   #321
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I sing baby shark every time I wash my hands

baby shark doo doo doo doo doo doo

Old 03-11-2020, 10:00 AM   #322
ilikeplanets
Braindead

twitch...

Old 03-11-2020, 10:20 AM   #323
FoolofaTook

Yes, wash your hands to protect from the invisible "virus." While the fluoride from the tap water infects and subjugates your mind.

Sheeple...

Old 03-11-2020, 12:23 PM   #324
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Houston just cancelled the rodeo. They get 2.7 million people a year. That’s crazy, but had to happen.

Old 03-11-2020, 01:15 PM   #325
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Unhappy

They should've opted for…

Old 03-11-2020, 01:34 PM   #326
FoolofaTook

Old 03-11-2020, 03:47 PM   #327
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
Yes and bloodletting was still practiced in 1918
Ppl keep saying stuff like this but like

They have no cure or even any way to treat this virus other than to mitigate its symptoms, so im not sure how relevant medical advances will really be when it comes to overall impact and death toll from this thing

Hopefully nowhere near as bad as 1918 but who the heck knows? Doesn’t seem like our hoverboard-riding doctors of the future have done a very fantastic job slowing this thing down so far, have they now?

Old 03-11-2020, 04:59 PM   #328
run2pee
Minion of Satan

WHO declares pandemic

Shits closing/canceling around here nonstop

Old 03-11-2020, 05:53 PM   #329
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Just checking in to see if we're dead yet.

Old 03-11-2020, 05:55 PM   #330
LaBelle
Socialphobic

COVID-19 made it to my city with 1 confirmed case!

Guess the Metallica concert isn't happening after all.

Closed Thread