Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2018, 11:28 AM   #211
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Forgotten Child's Avatar
 
Location: SP, Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 1,959
Default

Ogilala is basically an acoustic album and the new album will be the same.

 
Forgotten Child is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:03 PM   #212
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan
 
soniclovenoize's Avatar
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 5,278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
billy is not a folk singer.

in fact his folk album is sitting in a can...
Shittylala and this new one are folk-influenced. Shitcago Kid is as well.

 
soniclovenoize is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:04 PM   #213
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan
 
soniclovenoize's Avatar
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 5,278
Default

If you condemn capos, might as well condemn alternate tunings as well.

 
soniclovenoize is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:07 PM   #214
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan
 
soniclovenoize's Avatar
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 5,278
Default

I mean, if you aren't just simply able to play impossible voicing then you are a creatively exhausted artist, amiright?

 
soniclovenoize is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:51 PM   #215
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 38,692
Default

relax fella

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:52 PM   #216
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 38,692
Default

i think the point is that in 2007, capos for billy was a new thing

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:53 PM   #217
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 38,692
Default

no one cares about the history of capos

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 01:00 PM   #218
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan
 
soniclovenoize's Avatar
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 5,278
Default

The first capo known to mankind was invented in the mid 1700’s and this device was basically a single piece of brass which was bent to a C-shape. This piece of brass was pressed on to the selected instrument’s neck from the side and was held tightly in place by the brass piece’s own tension. This device was not considered to be ideal since it caused significant scratches on the neck, due to not having any padding. However, this was the start of creating better capos that ended up helping musicians play stringed instruments with ease.

In the late 1700s, two other types of capos were invented and these devices were called, the English yoke and the Spanish cejilla. The English Yoke got its name since it was shaped exactly like an egg yoke but had a crossbar padded along with that rested primarily on the strings. This type of unique capo was secured through a screw that was in the middle of the yoke, which pressed against the neck of the stringed instrument. In the case of some English guitars, the egg yoke capo had a screw that penetrated the neck of the guitar. The cejilla was shaped like a “little eyebrow” due to the shape of its string. This uniquely shaped capo was a large block made of wood that has a screw at the top and a string was threaded through a hole in this screw which was then looped around the stringed instrument that is guitar and tied to the other side. The capo was then fastened to the stringed instrument or guitar by the means of turning the screw and drawing the strings tighter.

 
soniclovenoize is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 06:25 PM   #219
Ram27
Minion of Satan
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: i miss everything i’ll never be
Posts: 6,225
Default

that's actually quite interesting

 
Ram27 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 06:25 PM   #220
Ram27
Minion of Satan
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: i miss everything i’ll never be
Posts: 6,225
Default

folk billy tracks would've been amazing if his voice wasn't shit

 
Ram27 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 06:49 PM   #221
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 38,692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
The first capo known to mankind was invented in the mid 1700’s and this device was basically a single piece of brass which was bent to a C-shape. This piece of brass was pressed on to the selected instrument’s neck from the side and was held tightly in place by the brass piece’s own tension. This device was not considered to be ideal since it caused significant scratches on the neck, due to not having any padding. However, this was the start of creating better capos that ended up helping musicians play stringed instruments with ease.

In the late 1700s, two other types of capos were invented and these devices were called, the English yoke and the Spanish cejilla. The English Yoke got its name since it was shaped exactly like an egg yoke but had a crossbar padded along with that rested primarily on the strings. This type of unique capo was secured through a screw that was in the middle of the yoke, which pressed against the neck of the stringed instrument. In the case of some English guitars, the egg yoke capo had a screw that penetrated the neck of the guitar. The cejilla was shaped like a “little eyebrow” due to the shape of its string. This uniquely shaped capo was a large block made of wood that has a screw at the top and a string was threaded through a hole in this screw which was then looped around the stringed instrument that is guitar and tied to the other side. The capo was then fastened to the stringed instrument or guitar by the means of turning the screw and drawing the strings tighter.
thanks billy but i'm still not going to like your post because you're a dipshit and you talk down to your fans

 
slunken is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:45 AM   #223
FoolofaTook
Immortal
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: in your father
Posts: 21,096
Default

lol

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 08:55 AM   #224
houseofglass11
Apocalyptic Poster
 
houseofglass11's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,469
Default

Motherfucker is incensed about capos. Lol.

He plays the same Dsus2 to F to C progression on every single capo song too. He basically just fucks around with Dsus2, throws some quasi-spiritual lyrical dribble over it, and calls it a song.

 
houseofglass11 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:23 AM   #225
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,041
Default

"London Bridge":





"Nights In White Satin":





"Darling, Clementine" will be my favorite! His record label be overwhelmed to release these goodies.

 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:19 PM   #226
amoergosum
Apocalyptic Poster
 
amoergosum's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,506
Default

...sounds as exciting as his Spotify playlist.

 
amoergosum is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:47 PM   #227
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead
 
teh b0lly!!1's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 15,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
"London Bridge":


i'm loving this. this sound works. this is how i wish his music could sound these days -
when he doesn't try to 'perform' so hard, but rather just accompanies the music. even the shitty lo-fi muffled room recording works great because it degrades the details.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
"Nights In White Satin":





"Darling, Clementine" will be my favorite! His record label be overwhelmed to release these goodies.
this is bloody god fucking awful, jesus fucking christ.

 
teh b0lly!!1 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 08:18 PM   #228
T&T
Minion of Satan
 
T&T's Avatar
 
Location: montreal
Posts: 9,588
Default

it's pretty bad. it's got not of that smoothness found on the djali zwan recordings.

 
T&T is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:08 PM   #229
fuzzyroes
Braindead
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,603
Default

Billy needs to go back to the grungy sound, this acoustic shit sucks

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:54 PM   #230
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,041
Default

What an amazing progress: Within a short time from abanding the whole project to "5 master takes away from essentially being done". To release even a double album. Or was it a bunch of EP's...?



williampcorgan
Super productive session today. Here's a list of the song's I cut masters on: Neptulius, To Scatter One's Own, Cri De Coeur, Buffalo Boy, Dancehall, Hard Times, as well as attempting but not quite getting versions Martinets and Jubilee I liked. So, as you see, lots of singing and singing. But I'm 5 master takes away from essentially being done (foundationally speaking). Hopefully tomorrow... #wpc

 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:38 AM   #231
AveryLoren
Ownz
 
AveryLoren's Avatar
 
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 890
Default

How does one go from selling millions or records on the backs of monster hits to not even being able to keep a decent rhythm and hold a note vocally? It really just boggles the mind.

 
AveryLoren is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 03:59 AM   #232
vixnix
Socialphobic
 
vixnix's Avatar
 
Location: pulitzer surprise motherfucker
Posts: 11,042
Default

Why actually is he recording himself playing London Bridge, like he's some kind of children's entertainer or something

I feel uneasy

Is he going to release an album of preschool favourites?

This would be a new low.

 
vixnix is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:00 AM   #233
vixnix
Socialphobic
 
vixnix's Avatar
 
Location: pulitzer surprise motherfucker
Posts: 11,042
Default

which, admittedly, would still be an achievement

 
vixnix is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:02 AM   #234
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Location: vortex of lost souls
Posts: 1,396
Default

In 5 years we might be seeing a pre-school favourites album as a relative creative high point

People will be picking over it on here saying it was crazy not to put Three Blind Mice on it, etc etc

 
New Art Rioter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 12:10 PM   #235
FoolofaTook
Immortal
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: in your father
Posts: 21,096
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
which, admittedly, would still be an achievement

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 12:30 PM   #236
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Posts: 1,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Art Rioter View Post
In 5 years we might be seeing a pre-school favourites album as a relative creative high point

People will be picking over it on here saying it was crazy not to put Three Blind Mice on it, etc etc
"Rick Rubin's version of 'Three Blind Mice' would have been the biggest single we ever released, but it didn't fit the theme of the album."

 
themadcaplaughs is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:16 PM   #237
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Forgotten Child's Avatar
 
Location: SP, Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 1,959
Default

Billy will end up recording a children's album called Billy & The Kids.

 
Forgotten Child is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:24 PM   #238
Rider
Minion of Satan
 
Rider's Avatar
 
Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler
Posts: 9,362
Default

His career basically posting dumb song names online that he will never release at this point.

Today I worked Roustabout. Muffins and Kitty Cat. The Coyote, Ham and Cheese, The Dolphin Sleeps.

 
Rider is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:47 PM   #239
Zerospaced
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Zerospaced's Avatar
 
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 3,215
Default

Quote:
WilliamPatrickCorgan (@williampcorgan) am
Hard Times? He covering Paramore songs now?

 
Zerospaced is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:49 PM   #240
incubator
Pledge
 
Posts: 107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerospaced View Post
Hard Times? He covering Paramore songs now?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i-UrNY...ature=youtu.be

 
incubator is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Attn: Bill wHATcOLOR Pumpkins Archive 45 01-09-2007 02:19 PM
2007 onalance Pumpkins Archive 316 01-04-2007 12:03 AM
hey guys patrick General Chat Archive 13 09-09-2006 01:56 PM
Matt Sweeney Kahlo Pumpkins Archive 58 06-02-2006 01:22 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2014