Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2005, 02:24 PM   #1
br191804
Demi-God

Default Darcy to reform Smashing Pumpkins with James Iha?

I was listening to WBRU (Rhode Island) and Disarm was playing. After the song was over the DJ came on and said that she has heard from more than one source that the former label for the Smashing Pumpkins has sold the rights to the songs to Darcy and that she was reforming the band with James Iha and will not ******* Billy Corgan. She then proceeded to say that she could not imagine the Pumpkins without Billy Corgan. I don't know if this story is bullshit or what. This is fucked up stuff. Has anybody else heard anything like this?

Old 07-19-2005, 02:26 PM   #2
tomthum81
Ownz

:erm

Old 07-19-2005, 02:29 PM   #3
stellawasadiver
Ownz

wtf

Old 07-19-2005, 02:31 PM   #4
br191804
Demi-God

She also said that she had just heard this news today. I want to know where she got her info.

Old 07-19-2005, 02:36 PM   #5
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally posted by br191804
She also said that she had just heard this news today. I want to know where she got her info.
On a fake news site. Or on here.

Old 07-19-2005, 02:40 PM   #6
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Talking

I can't believe how widespread this incredibly lame rumor has become... I've heard bad rumors but this one is just BAD.

As if D'arcy has the fucking money to buy the Pumpkins song rights. It'd be more believable if it was said that James was sold the rights.

Besides, Billy already owns the songs. (It's been said in interviews). So please, let this stupid fucking rumor die a horrible death already.

Old 07-19-2005, 02:44 PM   #7
twilightfadez
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally posted by CoolAsIceCream
On a fake news site. Or on here.
on that fucking shit called free-press-release.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
//
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-19-2005, 03:16 PM   #8
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Geeze... I would sure love to hear that super-suck band. They are absolutely nothing withour Corgan. What are they going to make Daydream part 2 with James singing at the end instead of Billy.

Corgan is the band! Without him, Iha and Darcy aren't worth a shit.

Old 07-19-2005, 03:19 PM   #9
vbshlofbvgos
Apocalyptic Poster

Talking

at least james and darcy would be in the band

Old 07-19-2005, 03:19 PM   #10
Quiet
Apocalyptic Poster

They could just get the lead singer of Our Lady Peace to sing the old Pumpkins songs and nobody would know the difference.

I am kidding, of course.

Old 07-19-2005, 03:28 PM   #11
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by vbshlofbvgos
at least james and darcy would be in the band

We don't need them! They can go on with their worthless careers after the pumpkins. Trust me, no one is dying to get them in their band or anything. I hope Billy tells them to fuck off.

Old 07-19-2005, 03:31 PM   #12
DeviousJ
CORNFROST

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Corgan Rules

We don't need them! They can go on with their worthless careers after the pumpkins. Trust me, no one is dying to get them in their band or anything. I hope Billy tells them to fuck off.
Waah wah negativity wah

Old 07-19-2005, 03:33 PM   #13
Quiet
Apocalyptic Poster

Thumbs down

Quote:

Corgan Rules, this may be your worst post yet. And that's saying a lot.

Old 07-19-2005, 03:41 PM   #14
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Quiet

Corgan Rules, this may be your worst post yet. And that's saying a lot.

Whatever! It's the truth! I would for sure accept them back, but they aren't what made the pumpkins good. I think a lot of people forget that fact.

Listen- I don't give a shit what you, snake the flake, or any other AHOLES out there think. I say what I feel. You just like to gang up on people that say the wrong things according to you. Go for it....I don't give a shit. Bring it on!

Old 07-19-2005, 03:50 PM   #15
Jackbox
Ownz

James Iha is as important as billy corgan to the smashing pumpkins. Zwan was good, but that was because of the other personalities as well. This solo album of all things should prove that. And even the solo album, billy isn't responsible for the way it sounds half the time i'm sure, since bjork or bjorn or whatever messed with the super shitty production so much.

All you idiots can say TFE is good and whatever, but when you say that James Iha isn't good enough for your oh so great billy corgan, then you really have crossed the point of no-return. You are officially idiots. Good day, sir/madam.

Old 07-19-2005, 03:56 PM   #16
Quiet
Apocalyptic Poster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Jackbox
All you idiots can say TFE is good and whatever, but when you say that James Iha isn't good enough for your oh so great billy corgan, then you really have crossed the point of no-return. You are officially idiots. Good day, sir/madam.
The only way I can see someone saying James isn't an integral part of the Pumpkins is if they didn't become fans until after they had broken up.

Old 07-19-2005, 04:00 PM   #17
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:

Whatever! It's the truth! I would for sure accept them back, but they aren't what made the pumpkins good. I think a lot of people forget that fact.

Listen- I don't give a shit what you, snake the flake, or any other AHOLES out there think. I say what I feel. You just like to gang up on people that say the wrong things according to you. Go for it....I don't give a shit. Bring it on!
Obviously you do give a shit if you reply to each comment with such anger.

Picture songs like Shame, Dross, Cash Car Star and so on without James and you tell me that he is worthless. The importance of these 2 members is imeasurable.. they brought a competitive edge to the band that drove Billy's ego to make some incredible music. He had no competition present when making TFE, just a bunch of yes men, and that is apparent on quite a few tracks.

Having James and Darcy allows Billy to take their written parts and tweak them to his idea of perfection. It's not democratic, but for this band, it FUCKING WORKS. He's the leader, the producer.. so when ideas are brought to the table, he puts everything in their right places.

Old 07-19-2005, 04:07 PM   #18
perfectzero
Amish Rake Fighter

If Pink Floyd could exist without Roger Waters, the Pumpkins can exist without James. As much as I'd like James to join the new lineup, it can be done without him. If you people dont think there are other musicians out there who can do what James does, you're mistaken.

Old 07-19-2005, 04:09 PM   #19
Quiet
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by perfectzero
If Pink Floyd could exist without Roger Waters, the Pumpkins can exist without James. As much as I'd like James to join the new lineup, it can be done without him. If you people dont think there are other musicians out there who can do what James does, you're mistaken.
It's not a question of whether or not there are musicians out there who can do what James does... of course there are. It's a question of whether or not a reformed Smashing Pumpkins are really the Smashing Pumpkins without James. I say no.

Old 07-19-2005, 04:10 PM   #20
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by perfectzero
Pink Floyd wasn't the same, sure it was pink floyd, but there was a dynamic that was missing. For the most part, the Rogerless records suck.

James made the Pumpkins have their "weird" edge.

Old 07-19-2005, 04:12 PM   #21
tomthum81
Ownz

its all about chemistry too... none of floyd's albums have been as good without waters.

Old 07-19-2005, 04:19 PM   #22
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?

Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you
Talking

Quote:
I am kidding, of course.
It's sad that you have to say this. OH NOES

Old 07-19-2005, 04:27 PM   #23
styx
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally posted by paranoid
I can't believe how widespread this incredibly lame rumor has become... I've heard bad rumors but this one is just BAD.

As if D'arcy has the fucking money to buy the Pumpkins song rights. It'd be more believable if it was said that James was sold the rights.

Besides, Billy already owns the songs. (It's been said in interviews). So please, let this stupid fucking rumor die a horrible death already.
If any are interested song rights automatically go 1/2 to the writer of the lyrics and 1/2 to the creator of the music. It can get tricky to define who owns the creation of the music (i.e. are drums part of "music" since they really don't have tone, what about bass lines, etc, etc). Most bands have an agreement on who owns what within the ownership of the actual song, but Billy at least has 50% solely because of the lyrics, and I don't think he would be selling them to D'Arcy.

Old 07-19-2005, 04:37 PM   #24
DeviousJ
CORNFROST

Talking

Quote:

The only way I can see someone saying James isn't an integral part of the Pumpkins is if they didn't become fans until after they had broken up.
Ehehe.

Or of course if they're not really fans at all

Old 07-19-2005, 04:43 PM   #25
Tribute2JohnnyB
Apocalyptic Poster

wow.
it's a sad day for fake as hell news...

Old 07-19-2005, 04:49 PM   #26
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Jackbox
James Iha is as important as billy corgan to the smashing pumpkins. Zwan was good, but that was because of the other personalities as well. This solo album of all things should prove that. And even the solo album, billy isn't responsible for the way it sounds half the time i'm sure, since bjork or bjorn or whatever messed with the super shitty production so much.

Bullshit! You should slap yourself in the face for that one. James as important as Billy? He didn't do much at all. Most of his songs sucked. He was lazy and didn't add much at all to the band. if he was the front man, the pumpkins would have had like 1 album out as opposed to 6-7 (depending on if you count machina 2). He has no talents.

Just because you don't like TFE, that doesn't mean anything about Billy. He went in a new direction. Give the guy credit for that. He is so far above Iha that it's crazy.

Old 07-19-2005, 04:52 PM   #27
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

Whatever! Of course I like his for being an original member, but to say they are both on the same level as far as the pumpkins go is ridiculous. It is Billy's band and he did basically EVERYTHING for it too. He is the hard worker....James is the lazy one with not too much talent.

Old 07-19-2005, 04:57 PM   #28
Corgan Rules
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by paranoid

Obviously you do give a shit if you reply to each comment with such anger.

Picture songs like Shame, Dross, Cash Car Star and so on without James and you tell me that he is worthless. The importance of these 2 members is imeasurable.. they brought a competitive edge to the band that drove Billy's ego to make some incredible music. He had no competition present when making TFE, just a bunch of yes men, and that is apparent on quite a few tracks.

Having James and Darcy allows Billy to take their written parts and tweak them to his idea of perfection. It's not democratic, but for this band, it FUCKING WORKS. He's the leader, the producer.. so when ideas are brought to the table, he puts everything in their right places.

Those songs you picked makes it seem that I am correct. I am not a big fan of any of those songs. They are all mediocre as far as the pumpkins go. Crash car star is not a very good song....it's very average. Dross have a good sound to it, but I got tired of it quickly. Shame is a decent song on an amazing album. What exactly did Iha do that was so great on these songs you mentioned?

Old 07-19-2005, 05:02 PM   #29
'|' jIMMY '|'
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Dang! News are news.. what can I say?

Old 07-19-2005, 05:08 PM   #30
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:

Those songs you picked makes it seem that I am correct. I am not a big fan of any of those songs. They are all mediocre as far as the pumpkins go. Crash car star is not a very good song....it's very average. Dross have a good sound to it, but I got tired of it quickly. Shame is a decent song on an amazing album. What exactly did Iha do that was so great on these songs you mentioned?
Well, for one that was just an example of a few songs. Cash Car Star and Dross he performs the high sqeel guitar parts, in Shame he does the ebow guitar lead, which in my opinion makes the song. Also, Shame is the best song on that fucking album. period.

James had a good sized amount of input into the pumpkins first 3 records. Without him we wouldn't had I Am One, Soma, Mayo (atleast the way they are) the guitar solo in Zero (which puts the icing on the cake folks), Farewell and goodnight, the crazy guitar crashing noises in Tales of a Scorched Earth, there are countless others. If you listen to the Pumpkins music enough, and close enough, you'll be able to distinguish the difference between Billys playing and James playing.

Go pick up the latest guitar world with billy and read the article, you'll hear straight from the horses mouth the importance of James to that band.