Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2018, 09:51 PM   #301
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan
 
Mals Marola's Avatar
 
Location: Church of United Bald Lords, praying for your souls
Posts: 8,526
Default

Her music ROCKS and ROLLS more than fucking Imagine Dragons and Alabama Shakes, if you ask me!

 
Mals Marola is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:51 PM   #302
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan
 
Mals Marola's Avatar
 
Location: Church of United Bald Lords, praying for your souls
Posts: 8,526
Default

Alabama Shakes

more like Your Music Sucks, baby!

 
Mals Marola is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:52 PM   #303
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan
 
Mals Marola's Avatar
 
Location: Church of United Bald Lords, praying for your souls
Posts: 8,526
Default

Imagine Making Good Music

 
Mals Marola is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:52 PM   #304
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan
 
Mals Marola's Avatar
 
Location: Church of United Bald Lords, praying for your souls
Posts: 8,526
Default

the wardrobe malfunction of 2004 was more rock & roll than anything these dickheads have ever done so there

 
Mals Marola is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:53 PM   #305
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan
 
Mals Marola's Avatar
 
Location: Church of United Bald Lords, praying for your souls
Posts: 8,526
Default

but I mean I guess she's never had a "piece of human poop" phase like the true legends so I made need a thinking phase on this one

 
Mals Marola is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:53 PM   #306
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 30,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
You're projecting again, homie. Obviously the hall of fame is little more than corporate back-patting, you'd have to be an imbecile not to recognize that.. But let's not pretend that political leanings don't play a part either.

Think about it... Would a guy like Springsteen be so revered if he wasn't essentially a left-wing propagandist mouthpiece?... I highly doubt it.
That's not what Joe Walsh was saying, you know it, and now you're trying to shift the goalposts. You are such a disingenuous say anything to win little fuckstain

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:54 PM   #307
MonumentsRocks
Ownz
 
Posts: 633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
Good lord that's disgusting

Pretty ironic considering how many confederate July 4th barbecue's you know he's been the soundtrack to
Reminds me of the perennial "please stop playing our music at your political rallies" that Republican candidates receive every election cycle. They can only play Toby Keith so many times. I'll be keeping an ear out to see how much Kanye West Republicans are playing on on the campaign trail in the remaining weeks. Surely they will reward his loyalty.

 
MonumentsRocks is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:54 PM   #308
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan
 
Mals Marola's Avatar
 
Location: Church of United Bald Lords, praying for your souls
Posts: 8,526
Default

Half the people who rever Springsteen still miss the point of Born in the USA so I'm not sure you're completely on the mark with that one, fuzzy-baby

 
Mals Marola is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:55 PM   #309
fuzzyroes
Immortal
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post

I just read that interview the other day because of this stupid fucking thread. he is talking specifically about how musical accomplishment is not honored (his example is Link Wray), but rather people who are recognizable or seen as iconic... because the sponsors pick the nominees.... and the sponsors are big companies... He is obviously talking about the internal politics of the HOF, not identity politics. jesus fucking christ
Wow, look at this ninja-edit.

No shit that's what he means, but you'd be kidding yourself if personal politics don't play a role in the amalgamation of it all either and I think it's pretty clear that he touches on that.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 10-21-2018 at 10:01 PM.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:56 PM   #310
fuzzyroes
Immortal
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
Half the people who rever Springsteen still miss the point of Born in the USA so I'm not sure you're completely on the mark with that one, fuzzy-baby
Fair point.. But there's no way he'd maintain such a cultural relevance if it wasn't for his political shilling.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:56 PM   #311
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 30,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Wow, look at this ninja-edit.

No shit that's what he means, but you'd be kidding yourself if personal politics don't play a role the amalgamation of it all either and I think it's pretty clear that he touches on that.
It's not a ninja edit, I edited it right after I first posted it. And I didn't change the meaning of anything, I just backed myself up. I have no idea what you are trying to point out, but your comprehension is sub-middle school level though, so it could be anything

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:57 PM   #312
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan
 
Mals Marola's Avatar
 
Location: Church of United Bald Lords, praying for your souls
Posts: 8,526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonumentsRocks View Post
Reminds me of the perennial "please stop playing our music at your political rallies" that Republican candidates receive every election cycle. They can only play Toby Keith so many times. I'll be keeping an ear out to see how much Kanye West Republicans are playing on on the campaign trail in the remaining weeks. Surely they will reward his loyalty with some P.A. time.
Sure but it doesn't help that they're choosing bands like fucking Rage Against the Machine and Depeche Mode. How much less Republican can you get? Actually, I believe Depeche Mode were the Alt Right's attempted "tune grab" that's even better

Kanye West will truly be the earth-shattering dilemma of all theme-music dilemmas for them, and I do hope for their sake we start hearing some "Gold Digger" at those GOP rallies sometime soon

 
Mals Marola is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:58 PM   #313
Mals Marola
Minion of Satan
 
Mals Marola's Avatar
 
Location: Church of United Bald Lords, praying for your souls
Posts: 8,526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Fair point.. But there's no way he'd maintain such a cultural relevance if it wasn't for his political shilling.
Can't anyone in the entertainment industry ever just have a firm stance on anything political without being accused of "shilling" tho? That's some Alex-Jonestastic stuff right there, my guy

 
Mals Marola is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:59 PM   #314
fuzzyroes
Immortal
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
That's not what Joe Walsh was saying, you know it, and now you're trying to shift the goalposts. You are such a disingenuous say anything to win little fuckstain
Holy smokes... Calm down dude... For one, the point I originally shared was from Nugent and it seems pretty clear that Walsh uses "politics" as a wide-ranging blanket term.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:00 PM   #315
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 30,818
Default

In fuzzy's worldview, politics is an abstract thing that exists *out there* somewhere but doesn't have anything to do with real life, which is why he doesn't understand that people think he is a piece of shit for being racist. To him, his racist ideology is just like a detached abstract thing floating around in space which is funny to argue about like music. The idea of someone holding moral or political values because they are a person who is guided by those values and takes them seriously is completely alien to him

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:02 PM   #316
MonumentsRocks
Ownz
 
Posts: 633
Default

I never thought for a moment Joe Walsh was talking about identity politics specifically, but identity politics plays into internal politics as well. They have to worry about how it looks for business if they come across looking like the "White Male Hall of Fame". That sort of thing can lead to boycotts and bad press, but if they didn't like the optics of rock and roll, maybe they should have just created a "Rock and Roll Museum" and not taken up the "Hall of Fame" part, or call it a "Pop Music Hall of Fame" right from the start. Or even rename it right now. Joe Walsh's bigger point is that there is no integrity in it, outside forces just use it however they want to use it, which is the point I'm trying get across.

 
MonumentsRocks is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:03 PM   #317
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 30,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
it seems pretty clear that Walsh uses "politics" as a wide-ranging blanket term.
no, it doesn't "seem pretty clear"

the quote is literally referring to corporate sponsors not respecting seminal artists in favor of ones with mass appeal. nowhere is there any indication he is talking about identity politics.

I mean I get it, you believe the HOF is being reverse racist because black people don't have a place in your internalized rock and roll mythology, and you are desperately seeking backup, so you latch onto literally anything you think you can vaguely spin into support for your fucked up beliefs.

but that's actually because you are a racist piece of shit, not because Joe Walsh was saying what you want him to be saying

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:04 PM   #318
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 30,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonumentsRocks View Post
I never thought for a moment Joe Walsh was talking about identity politics specifically, but identity politics plays into internal politics as well. They have to worry about how it looks for business if they come across looking like the "White Male Hall of Fame". That sort of thing can lead to boycotts and bad press, but if they didn't like the optics of rock and roll, maybe they should have just created a "Rock and Roll Museum" and not taken up the "Hall of Fame" part, or call it a "Pop Music Hall of Fame" right from the start. Or even rename it right now.
oh because museum denotes multiculturalism and hall of fame is for whites huh

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:05 PM   #319
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 30,818
Default

seriously this thread is 2 steps below "how can a stormtrooper be black"

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:11 PM   #320
fuzzyroes
Immortal
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonumentsRocks View Post
I never thought for a moment Joe Walsh was talking about identity politics specifically, but identity politics plays into internal politics as well. They have to worry about how it looks for business if they come across looking like the "White Male Hall of Fame". That sort of thing can lead to boycotts and bad press, but if they didn't like the optics of rock and roll, maybe they should have just created a "Rock and Roll Museum" and not taken up the "Hall of Fame" part, or call it a "Pop Music Hall of Fame" right from the start. Or even rename it right now. Joe Walsh's bigger point is that there is no integrity in it, outside forces just use it however they want to use it, which is the point I'm trying get across.
Amen.

At this point, a name change really would be the most sensible solution.

The mental gymnastics that these RHOF board members use is obnoxious.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:14 PM   #321
fuzzyroes
Immortal
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
no, it doesn't "seem pretty clear"

the quote is literally referring to corporate sponsors not respecting seminal artists in favor of ones with mass appeal. nowhere is there any indication he is talking about identity politics.

I mean I get it, you believe the HOF is being reverse racist because black people don't have a place in your internalized rock and roll mythology, and you are desperately seeking backup, so you latch onto literally anything you think you can vaguely spin into support for your fucked up beliefs.

but that's actually because you are a racist piece of shit, not because Joe Walsh was saying what you want him to be saying
I don't even know what you're arguing about anymore, brother... Nowhere did I say anything about race so I don't know why you're trying to make it about that.

I'll make clear for our newer friends here that I'm not racist or prejudiced at all and the only examples that one can use is when I made fun of Khazir Khan for shilling for corrupt politicians... My support for Donald Trump has nothing to do with his more divisive rhetoric and everything to do with him taking on the globalists and acting as a wrench in the spokes for the corrupt elite swamp in Washington.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:16 PM   #322
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 30,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I'll make clear for our newer friends here that I'm not racist or prejudiced at all and the only examples that one can use is when I made fun of Khazir Khan for shilling for corrupt politicians... My support for Donald Trump has nothing to do with his more divisive rhetoric and everything to do with him taking on the globalists and acting as a wrench in the spokes for the corrupt elite swamp in Washington.
liar. liar. liar.

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:18 PM   #323
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 30,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I don't even know what you're arguing about anymore, brother... Nowhere did I say anything about race so I don't know why you're trying to make it about that.

I'll make clear for our newer friends here that I'm not racist or prejudiced at all and the only examples that one can use is when I made fun of Khazir Khan for shilling for corrupt politicians... My support for Donald Trump has nothing to do with his more divisive rhetoric and everything to do with him taking on the globalists and acting as a wrench in the spokes for the corrupt elite swamp in Washington.

NICE NINJA EDIT BRO

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:20 PM   #324
fuzzyroes
Immortal
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,480
Default

Whatever...

Anyways, what bands do you guys wanna see elected for this cycle?

I'm personally cheering for RATM

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:22 PM   #325
MonumentsRocks
Ownz
 
Posts: 633
Default

I want Janet Jackson to win, for the sake of exposing the absurdity of the R&R HoF sooner than later. Go Janet!

Also in the spirit of using the R&R HoF as a cudgel to get what we want in spite of it all, I hope Janet wins as a fuck you to the industry that gave that cracker Justin Timberlake a free pass after nipple gate, while blackballing Jackson.

Last edited by MonumentsRocks : 10-21-2018 at 10:28 PM.

 
MonumentsRocks is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:24 PM   #326
fuzzyroes
Immortal
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonumentsRocks View Post
I want Janet Jackson to win, for the sake of exposing the absurdity of the R&R HoF sooner than later. Go Janet!
Yeah, that's quite preposterous. Janet Jackson at her peak wasn't even all that groundbreaking or influential... They may as well induct Paula Abdual in too.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:27 PM   #327
FoolofaTook
Immortal
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: Trump first sold Hawaii to the Japanese to now be right saying Barack Obama isn't born in the United States. -Crognan's Bluff
Posts: 29,068
Default

fuzzy "i'm not racist" roes

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:29 PM   #328
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 30,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonumentsRocks View Post
I want Janet Jackson to win, for the sake of exposing the absurdity of the R&R HoF sooner than later. Go Janet!
...you and fuzzy are the only people in the room, and possibly the world, who are taking this seriously. there is nothing to expose. everyone knows this is a joke

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:39 PM   #329
fuzzyroes
Immortal
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,480
Default

This was trending on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comme...e_against_the/

Seems lots of people take it seriously...

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:58 AM   #330
MonumentsRocks
Ownz
 
Posts: 633
Default

I don't take it seriously so much as I acknowledge that many other people do.

 
MonumentsRocks is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
albums you listened to today publius clodius Music News and Discussion 6193 05-27-2019 01:09 PM
9/11/01..........9/11/11 The Omega Concern General Chat Archive 70 09-30-2011 07:28 PM
F the Beatles - Glee is way better anyway jammin General Chat Archive 41 10-08-2010 08:31 PM
Been a long time r3t1r3d Pumpkins Archive 5 08-21-2010 12:56 AM
Post your Winamp Playlists! Mr. Rhinoceros General Chat Archive 19 01-19-2003 09:31 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:35 PM.




Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2019