Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2016, 10:38 PM   #1741
Elphenor
Braindead

How does one relax on a bike ride in the sun more like get a sunburn I'm hurting just thinking about it

Old 06-25-2016, 10:47 PM   #1742
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
I don't want to get into a "who has been more fucked up" battle with you miss heroin
Huh? That's not what I was saying, I was saying alcohol is strong. I don't have battles like that, I'm too self absorbed

Old 06-25-2016, 10:49 PM   #1743
Elphenor
Braindead

I was afraid that post would come off negatively

I meant like just goddamn you know how to drugs

I mean that in a neutral way

Old 06-25-2016, 10:51 PM   #1744
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Fair enough.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:55 PM   #1745
Elphenor
Braindead

I've never done any sort of drugs because "fun" it's always because how do I battle this pain inside my head but you seem to claim to do these things for fun so it's just weird to me

Old 06-25-2016, 11:30 PM   #1746
slunken
Virgo

$50 says that's a Fall lyric

Old 06-25-2016, 11:33 PM   #1747
Elphenor
Braindead

I need to go back to school

Old 06-25-2016, 11:35 PM   #1748
Elphenor
Braindead

Mark e smith wrote something about his music being for those that are down but still have some fight in them none of that wallowing in self pity type stuff

Old 06-25-2016, 11:39 PM   #1749
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
news flash ginsberg, pot is illegal. you know what else is bad for you? staying up too late.

good nights rest. plenty of water. and a sense of duty. that will set you straight.
you must spread some rep

Quote:
I mean alcohol is objectively way more potent

THC just has me hungry and then sleepy alcohol has me banging my head against the wall and rolling on the floor
Alcohol is more potent and yes the feeling of being very drunk and losing inhibitions is exciting and fun, but the negatives of alcohol are also much more extreme. I love drinking, but I think of alcohol as more of an instant gratification regret it later experience. Weed stays with you, maaaan. But really I don't know, it's hard for me to understand liking alcohol more. If you are smoking good weed, you should be able to get fucked up to the point where you feel really silly and confused like being drunk, only you'll never go over the event horizon into getting sick or feeling like shit. Weed and alcohol are also a good combo but it took me many moons to learn to listen to my body and understand when I am near the edge, because crossfaded spins are one of the worst feelings.

Quote:
The only time I get sick or even hung over is if I get black out hold my hair while I throw up drunk
wait a few years. I was like this too when I was your age *adjusts monocle*. I never liked alcohol more, but I could drink seemingly any amount of alcohol and be more or less fine the next day after a starchy breakfast. Like Run2Me said though, alcohol is a much harder drug. I think most people's bodies start to resist binge drinking after a certain age. It could also just be years of throwing up and getting hangovers eventually overrides the reward center part of your brain and conditions you to be wary of this bottled poison.

Quote:
22 now!
http://24.media.tumblr.com/7686dd313...86xno6_250.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
I think it takes some longterm experience with weed to really appreciate it. If you're not an experienced smoker and you're taking "eight blunts to the face" yes expect to not have any party at all, more like a long nap
Weed definitely seemed "harder" to me when I first started smoking. I would get crazy closed-eye visualizations and music would sound insane in ways that are ineffable. I would get so silly with 28if we would run around his parents house with his dogs and roll on the floor. Sometimes weed felt like a peak experience (I actually stopped having peak experiences when I became a regular smoker and didn't gain that ability back 'til recently.) It could be very intense and exciting almost in the way real psychedelics make me feel now. Even at zero tolerance, I can not quite achieve this state of stonedness anymore after eight years of smoking regularly, so I think my familiarity with the drug has rewired my experience.

Old 06-26-2016, 12:06 AM   #1750
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

alchohol isn't necessarily more dangerous than weed, it just brings out the true assholes that hide in plain sight. alchohol has never made me act in a way that really made me feel ashamed or embarrassed later. that doesn't mean i never got stupid drunk, but when that does happen, i just become much less inhibited by insecurity, talk more, and go all 'i love u man'.

it just brings out what's inside, and for many people, that's a steaming stream of bile and violence (either verbal or physical).

i used to prefer weed, but after so many years of smoking (not very good) hash, and it being the backdrop to my broken 7 year relationship, i had kind of grown to associate that feeling with anxiety and discomfort. it's like my brain gets confused at the sudden flush of warmth and that familiar lulling effect, and being in such a drastically different place in my life. kind of like kinetosis.

i still enjoy it from a time to time though. can somebody explain what makes listening to music on weed so profoundly eye opening, moving, and powerful?

Old 06-26-2016, 12:09 AM   #1751
redbreegull

well you can die from drinking too much one time and it's impossible to die no matter how much weed you smoke, so I would say alcohol is categorically more dangerous.

Old 06-26-2016, 12:13 AM   #1752
redbreegull

alcohol also makes you much more likely to accidentally harm yourself or others.

two drinks renders you unable to drive a vehicle but for me at least, changes my perception and state of mind less than a single joint or a bowl. Drinking only really becomes worthwhile to me when it makes you stupid, not blackout necessarily, just stupid, but that is inherently more dangerous than weed I think.

Old 06-26-2016, 01:20 AM   #1753
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
I've never done any sort of drugs because "fun" it's always because how do I battle this pain inside my head but you seem to claim to do these things for fun so it's just weird to me
Fun seeking IS the way I battle the pain inside my head. How's it weird?

Old 06-26-2016, 01:26 AM   #1754
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I mean yeah I genuinely like the drugs I do, which also doesn't seem weird because why willingly take something that makes you feel bad? I say no to what I don't like. But in general I admit I am pretty weird about it all..

Old 06-26-2016, 01:30 AM   #1755
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
you must spread some rep

Alcohol is more potent and yes the feeling of being very drunk and losing inhibitions is exciting and fun, but the negatives of alcohol are also much more extreme. I love drinking, but I think of alcohol as more of an instant gratification regret it later experience. Weed stays with you, maaaan. But really I don't know, it's hard for me to understand liking alcohol more. If you are smoking good weed, you should be able to get fucked up to the point where you feel really silly and confused like being drunk, only you'll never go over the event horizon into getting sick or feeling like shit. Weed and alcohol are also a good combo but it took me many moons to learn to listen to my body and understand when I am near the edge, because crossfaded spins are one of the worst feelings.

wait a few years. I was like this too when I was your age *adjusts monocle*. I never liked alcohol more, but I could drink seemingly any amount of alcohol and be more or less fine the next day after a starchy breakfast. Like Run2Me said though, alcohol is a much harder drug. I think most people's bodies start to resist binge drinking after a certain age. It could also just be years of throwing up and getting hangovers eventually overrides the reward center part of your brain and conditions you to be wary of this bottled poison.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/7686dd313...86xno6_250.gif

Weed definitely seemed "harder" to me when I first started smoking. I would get crazy closed-eye visualizations and music would sound insane in ways that are ineffable. I would get so silly with 28if we would run around his parents house with his dogs and roll on the floor. Sometimes weed felt like a peak experience (I actually stopped having peak experiences when I became a regular smoker and didn't gain that ability back 'til recently.) It could be very intense and exciting almost in the way real psychedelics make me feel now. Even at zero tolerance, I can not quite achieve this state of stonedness anymore after eight years of smoking regularly, so I think my familiarity with the drug has rewired my experience.
Maaaan I was just thinking earlier today how long it's been since I was a that almost tripping level of stoned, too. I think familiarity and ease of partaking has calmed a lot of the excitement I used to get. In high school I had to smoke at my friend's houses because of my mom, or walk around at night, etc. More risky and exhilarating? Nowadays I can just light up in my room. I would never want to go back but it did seem like a bigger deal when I was trying to hide it.

Old 06-26-2016, 01:36 AM   #1756
ilikeplanets
Braindead

And teh bolly for me music becomes more powerful probably because of my increased ability to get lost in it. It seems like I can really feel the music more and free associate inside my head while it's playing, kinda making it a more encompassing and extrasensory experience. Or it just sounds loud and bad ass!

Old 06-26-2016, 02:47 AM   #1757
redbreegull

take eight blunts to the face and listen to the only living boy in new york. you'll get it

Old 06-26-2016, 04:25 AM   #1758
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I'm sorry but I can only think of one thing when I read about taking 8 of anything to the face and it's drastically changed this thread for me! Oh so funny

Old 06-26-2016, 06:30 AM   #1759
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I hope you're not referring to loads.

Old 06-26-2016, 06:34 AM   #1760
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Not on purpose!

Old 06-26-2016, 01:42 PM   #1761
redbreegull

How long will my acid stay good? I have it in a ziplock inside a brown plastic air-tight jar under some clothes in a drawer where it is cool and dark. I know heat and light can degrade LSD, but in these conditions can I expect it to last a few weeks? A few months?

also I didn't have anything to put it in when I got it other than this plastic bag full of ibuprofen. This might be a totally stupid question but should I be worried about the L wearing off on the pills or anything?

Old 06-26-2016, 01:54 PM   #1762
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Just keep it away from heat, light, oxygen, and moisture and it can definitely last months. Or it could last no time at all cuz you mail it to me like a nice brother!

Old 06-26-2016, 04:00 PM   #1763
redbreegull

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
Just keep it away from heat, light, oxygen, and moisture and it can definitely last months. Or it could last no time at all cuz you mail it to me like a nice brother!
Haha, unfortunately I want me to have this tab more than I want you to have it.

The idea of sending drugs in the mail has me really paranoid these days. I can't believe I used to get shrooms mailed to me, it just seems like a huge risk now. 28if had a friend in Texas with an endless supply and she would mail them via FedEx. One time we had them delivered to his family's cabin in NY when we were on vacation. She used some totally absurd fake name like Marjory Maple Petuniadorfoskyberg or something, and the FedEx guy eyed us real suspiciously when we said yes she lives at this address.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:01 PM   #1764
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
How long will my acid stay good? I have it in a ziplock inside a brown plastic air-tight jar under some clothes in a drawer where it is cool and dark. I know heat and light can degrade LSD, but in these conditions can I expect it to last a few weeks? A few months?

also I didn't have anything to put it in when I got it other than this plastic bag full of ibuprofen. This might be a totally stupid question but should I be worried about the L wearing off on the pills or anything?
I kept tabs wrapped in foil inside of ziploc bags hidden under clothes in my closet for about a year without any noticeable loss of potency to myself or my friends i did it with over that whole time. it may have been more than a year, even

i dont know the answer to your other question but i definitely wouldn't take the ibuprofen. i'd think it's possible some could rub off, but unlikely. it's not just sitting on the paper. it's absorbed thru it

Old 06-26-2016, 04:01 PM   #1765
redbreegull

them was some good shrooms doe. That was probably my best overall trip on psychedelics.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:12 PM   #1766
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I've received literally every drug in the mail so I'm not paranoid at all. I've had acid sent to me in a hollowed out piece of a hallmark card, for example. Or ecstasy inside the spine of a DVD, etc. Silk road was a crazy crazy thing.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:15 PM   #1767
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
I kept tabs wrapped in foil inside of ziploc bags hidden under clothes in my closet for about a year without any noticeable loss of potency to myself or my friends i did it with over that whole time. it may have been more than a year, even

i dont know the answer to your other question but i definitely wouldn't take the ibuprofen. i'd think it's possible some could rub off, but unlikely. it's not just sitting on the paper. it's absorbed thru it
Like I said the only things that'll fuck it are air, heat, moisture, light......I suppose it could be stored for years like that. And I forgot to say no it won't leech onto the Tylenol, it's not even enough liquid to go anywhere at that point

Old 06-26-2016, 07:36 PM   #1768
redbreegull

Ok cool, good info dudettes. muchas gracias. I would rather take it sooner anyway, but I'm gonna wait for a nice weekend when I don't have anything to do or anyone to see.

Old 06-26-2016, 07:37 PM   #1769
redbreegull

and I know lots of people do send drugs in the mail but if you are caught, isn't that a serious federal offense with serious jail time attached to it?

Old 06-26-2016, 07:46 PM   #1770
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

there's plausible deniability. don't put your real return address, or if it gets intercepted (and they don't just confiscate it and actually decide to sting you) and you are the reciever you can deny knowledge that it was in there, or even that you were getting a package at all from this random person