Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2017, 02:45 AM   #1
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Default Filmmaker Joss Whedon has meltdown, goes after Paul Ryan

Filmmaker Joss Whedon tweets that he wants a rhino to fuck Paul Ryan to death with its horn

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...?client=safari

Old 01-18-2017, 03:20 AM   #2
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Less hyperbolic than referring to Whedon as a filmmaker.

Old 01-18-2017, 03:39 AM   #3
LaBelle
Socialphobic

/thread

Old 01-18-2017, 05:09 AM   #4
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Was I the only one that felt like Avengers looked like a CBS prime-time television show? Something about the cinematography and colour balance, I dunno enough about that shit to put my finger on it.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:10 AM   #5
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Also, does this confirm the rumours that the Rhino and Paul Ryan will make an appearance in the Spider-Man reboot?

Old 01-18-2017, 07:14 PM   #6
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel View Post
Filmmaker Joss Whedon tweets that he wants a rhino to fuck Paul Ryan to death with its horn

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxne...?client=safari
that's some blatant twitter trolling

Old 01-18-2017, 08:16 PM   #7
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Was I the only one that felt like Avengers looked like a CBS prime-time television show? Something about the cinematography and colour balance, I dunno enough about that shit to put my finger on it.
I felt this way as well. Film just felt hollow as fuck. I've really enjoyed a few of the MCU movies, but that wasn't one of them.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:20 PM   #8
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
it's the color grading for sure.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:41 PM   #9
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

first Avengers movie was good. Ultron was not good.

I remember reading that Whedon said that Age of Ultron almost killed him. That Marvel had gotten to the point where they were dictating virtually everything about the film. It was a byproduct of maintaining an integrated Marvel Universe for all their films. The Avengers movies are now just a way of queuing up the next super hero reboot (like spider man) or anthology (like Thor).

Whedon is a great director and he's done much better for Marvel than other big names have done with other films. Just look at the other big franchises like the DC movies and Transformer films.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:05 PM   #10
LaBelle
Socialphobic

To me the best thing about the Avengers was the character interaction and the dialogue (which became the standard for all the Marvel films after it).

Other than that Whedon shoots and blocks his scenes in that film in a very workmanlike manner, it got the job done but it was not very interesting.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:31 PM   #11
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

His forte is not action. It's writing and shooting more intimate material. It's why his TV shows were so damn good.

His 2012 "Much Ado About Nothing" is pretty good. He shot it in his own house with barely any budget.

As much as i'd love to see him helm a Star Wars movie, I think he's better off doing something far away from one of the big Disney franchises.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:33 AM   #12
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I'd love to see what Guillermo del Toro would bring to the table on a Star Wars, I really like his sensibilities and visual storytelling.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:52 PM   #13
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
I'd love to see what Guillermo del Toro would bring to the table on a Star Wars, I really like his sensibilities and visual storytelling.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:50 PM   #14
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

I don't know why, but I actually enjoyed Age of Ultron slightly more than Avengers 1. Could be that I saw Ultron in the theater, whereas I watched Avengers on Netflix.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:51 PM   #15
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Also, can I say that I wasn't terribly impressed with Capt. America: The Winter Soldier? That one is widely regarded as one of the best of the MCU but it bored me to tears.

Old 01-20-2017, 05:44 AM   #16
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I liked Winter Soldier, definitely one of my favorite Marvel films.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:30 PM   #17
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Everyone kept on telling me how good Winter Soldier was, so even though I was kinda done with the MCU movies, I decided to check it out when I saw it scrolling down Netflix.

I dunno, it was probably my favourite of the Marvel films I've seen, but still wasn't amazing, IMO. It seemed like a cool idea to write a spy thriller along issues like mass surveillance and the security state, but I felt like the film raised some interesting ideas, only to treat them in a pretty safe way.

Like, instead of actually grappling with moral questions raised by the US government's security programme (okay, S.H.I.E.L.D. is supposed to be a UN thing, but come on... it's American. They do a bunch of shit the real U.N. would never do because of political gridlock between the opposing powers in the security council, and they've got a freakin' bald eagle surrounded by stars as their logo), it was just kinda "we've been infiltrated by Nazis!" Like, they never have to deal with the unethical shit done in the name of the "good guys." Nothing is ever laid at the door of America itself, and if anything is wrong, it's only because some sinister foreign entity is pulling the strings.

Despite being called The Winter Soldier, I found that the development of the friendship between Captain America and Black Widow was a bit more interesting than the drama between Cap and Bucky, which they didn't actually seem to do a whole lot with.

But overall, yeah, fun film to watch, and way better than boring shit like Avengers, The Incredible Hulk, or Iron Man II.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:12 PM   #18
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Iron Man 2 was the pits. I did enjoy Iron Man 3 quite a bit, though. Just big dumb fun. Shane Black's the best at that.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:07 PM   #19
LaBelle
Socialphobic

The bromance between Steve and Bucky is the best.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:07 PM   #20
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I ship Stucky.