Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2007, 01:14 PM   #1
threetwooneZERO
Apocalyptic Poster
 
threetwooneZERO's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,896
Default Any Upcoming Shows You Are Going To?

I'm sure there is a thread like this already, but I couldn't find it. I was just curious as to what bands are coming around everyone's area and who they are going to see. So far I have these coming my way...July is my month

Tortoise - really pumped for these guys, I've been waiting a long time.

Built To Spill - missed them on their last tour

Deerhunter and The Pony's - Another great show I'm looking forward to.

A couple questionable ones:

Polyphonic Spree - I'm not sure if I want to spend over 20 bucks to see these guys, has anyone seen them live? I'm sure it is an impressive show but I'm not just if it is worth it as a casual listener

Black Keys + The Walkmen - I bought tickets the last time they were around and I had to give them away to friends because of something that came up last minute. Ever since then, I really forgot about them.

 
threetwooneZERO is offline
Old 06-09-2007, 01:19 PM   #2
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG
 
Dogfighter28's Avatar
 
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 11,334
Default

Bonnaroo June 14-17

Smashing Pumpkins June 24

 
Dogfighter28 is offline
Old 06-09-2007, 01:34 PM   #3
threetwooneZERO
Apocalyptic Poster
 
threetwooneZERO's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfighter28
Bonnaroo June 14-17

Smashing Pumpkins June 24
Yeah that is pretty sweet. I think that beats my list. You better see David Cross @ Bonaroo!!

 
threetwooneZERO is offline
Old 06-09-2007, 01:38 PM   #4
zerock
Ownz
 
zerock's Avatar
 
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 710
Default

no

 
zerock is offline
Old 06-09-2007, 01:40 PM   #5
threetwooneZERO
Apocalyptic Poster
 
threetwooneZERO's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerock
no
There are no bands coming to PR? Man that sucks.

 
threetwooneZERO is offline
Old 06-09-2007, 01:48 PM   #6
D.
😬
 
D.'s Avatar
 
Location: your memory
Posts: 35,136
Default

Bloc Party on Monday

maybe Band of Horses/Modest Mouse on 8/3

 
D. is offline
Old 06-09-2007, 01:53 PM   #7
threetwooneZERO
Apocalyptic Poster
 
threetwooneZERO's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.
Bloc Party on Monday

maybe Band of Horses/Modest Mouse on 8/3

I saw Bloc Party off of Silent Alarm and they put on a really great show. You won't be dissapointed. Now for Band of Horses, when I saw them it was a really chilled out atmosphere and Ben Bridwell has a great live voice, but it wasn't a great show.

 
threetwooneZERO is offline
Old 06-09-2007, 02:28 PM   #8
D.
😬
 
D.'s Avatar
 
Location: your memory
Posts: 35,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetwooneZERO
I saw Bloc Party off of Silent Alarm and they put on a really great show. You won't be dissapointed. Now for Band of Horses, when I saw them it was a really chilled out atmosphere and Ben Bridwell has a great live voice, but it wasn't a great show.
yeah, band of horses was pretty good when i saw them last year, but it was also a closed-in place. this time it'll be outdoors and i dunno how well it'll translate.

but, it's kinda crazy. last time i saw modest mouse was 5 years ago, on 8/1!

 
D. is offline
Old 06-09-2007, 02:39 PM   #9
pale blue eyes
sproutsy
 
Location: :/
Posts: 15,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetwooneZERO

Polyphonic Spree - I'm not sure if I want to spend over 20 bucks to see these guys, has anyone seen them live? I'm sure it is an impressive show but I'm not just if it is worth it as a casual listener
I saw them open for David Bowie a few years ago and they were quite good, even though I had not heard too much of their material and that it was an arena show. I would go see them again when they come here but I have a lack of money at the moment.

Me:

7/15: The Decemberists with The Mann Center Orchestra
7/27: The White Stripes
8/3-8/5: Lollapalooza
8/22: Camera Obscura

 
pale blue eyes is offline
Old 06-09-2007, 02:47 PM   #10
redbull
Immortal
 
redbull's Avatar
 
Location: like liutenant dan i'm rollin'
Posts: 21,033
Default

Polyphonic Spree will BLOW YOUR FUCKING MIND

Let's see:
July 13th - Slint/GZA/Sonic Youth
July 18th - Decemberists w/CSO
July 28th - Wicker Park Fest (Catfish Haven, Man Man, Benevento/Russo Duo, Prefuse 73)
August 3-5 - Lollapalooza
August 24 - RATM
September 13-15 - Wall To Wall Guitar Festival (Buddy Guy, John McLauglin, Vernon Reid/DJ Logic, Alex DeGrassi, Kaki King, Jorma Kaukonen, Toubab Krewe, Los Lobos, North Mississippi Allstars)
September 19-22 - Pygmalion Festival (Andrew Bird, Headlights, Okkervill River, Dark Meat, Bound Stems, Shapes + Sizes)

 
redbull is offline
Old 06-09-2007, 02:50 PM   #11
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,293
Default

Deftones
Tool
Dave Matthews Band

god i'm so cool

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 06-09-2007, 03:02 PM   #12
RopeyLopey
Braindead
 
RopeyLopey's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,491
Default

Smashing Pumpkins
Slint
Silverchair
White Stripes

 
RopeyLopey is offline
Old 06-09-2007, 03:03 PM   #13
AndySlash

 
AndySlash's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,102
Default

this week- Bonnaroo
6/29- Cloud Cult
6/30- Roger Waters
8/3-5- Lolla
8/25-26- DMB

 
AndySlash is online now
Old 06-09-2007, 04:44 PM   #14
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa
 
pale_princess's Avatar
 
Location: the barrio
Posts: 9,684
Default

stevie nicks at casinorama. stooooked as fuck.

 
pale_princess is offline
Old 06-09-2007, 10:27 PM   #15
28if
Apocalyptic Poster
 
28if's Avatar
 
Location: yeah seriously i think we've more than established a consensus on reality, it's not that abstract.
Posts: 3,455
Default

Wilco on June 21st
SP at Vfest in August
Ted Leo in August

damn i need some july shows.

 
28if is offline
Old 06-09-2007, 10:57 PM   #16
astrosfan719
Banned
 
astrosfan719's Avatar
 
Location: Year Zero
Posts: 740
Default

family values tour in dallas.

 
astrosfan719 is offline
Old 06-09-2007, 11:18 PM   #17
daydreamer999
Minion of Satan
 
Posts: 5,782
Default

probably won't make it all of these but let's see

16/6 - the sneaks/disaster radio/the whipping cats - king's arms
20/6 - salon kingsadore/rancho notorious - schooner
23/6 - the brunettes/the whipping cats/the coshercot honeys - masonic
26/6 - shoeb ahmad/sam hamilton/adam willetts/nigel wright/tim coster duo - wine cellar
6/7 - pauline oliveros/ione/phil dadson - herald theatre
9/7 - dinosaur jr. - studio
14/7 - metamkine/plains with michael morley (dead c) - kenneth myers centre
28/7 - runzelstirn and gurglestock/dave philips/justice yeldham and the dynamic ribbon device/crude - the rising sun
11/8 - bob dylan - vector arena

 
daydreamer999 is offline
Old 06-09-2007, 11:35 PM   #18
threetwooneZERO
Apocalyptic Poster
 
threetwooneZERO's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer999
probably won't make it all of these but let's see

16/6 - the sneaks/disaster radio/the whipping cats - king's arms
20/6 - salon kingsadore/rancho notorious - schooner
23/6 - the brunettes/the whipping cats/the coshercot honeys - masonic
26/6 - shoeb ahmad/sam hamilton/adam willetts/nigel wright/tim coster duo - wine cellar
6/7 - pauline oliveros/ione/phil dadson - herald theatre
9/7 - dinosaur jr. - studio
14/7 - metamkine/plains with michael morley (dead c) - kenneth myers centre
28/7 - runzelstirn and gurglestock/dave philips/justice yeldham and the dynamic ribbon device/crude - the rising sun
11/8 - bob dylan - vector arena

i do not know half that list...i need to get out more.

 
threetwooneZERO is offline
Old 06-09-2007, 11:43 PM   #19
talk show host
Apocalyptic Poster
 
talk show host's Avatar
 
Location: I thought using a condom was assumed but like, even if you didn't use one how would putting a vegetable in your pussy cause some sort of infection? Like, you can fucking EAT IT, but you can't put it in your fucking vagina and move it around a little
Posts: 2,790
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer999
probably won't make it all of these but let's see

16/6 - the sneaks/disaster radio/the whipping cats - king's arms
20/6 - salon kingsadore/rancho notorious - schooner
23/6 - the brunettes/the whipping cats/the coshercot honeys - masonic
26/6 - shoeb ahmad/sam hamilton/adam willetts/nigel wright/tim coster duo - wine cellar
6/7 - pauline oliveros/ione/phil dadson - herald theatre
9/7 - dinosaur jr. - studio
14/7 - metamkine/plains with michael morley (dead c) - kenneth myers centre
28/7 - runzelstirn and gurglestock/dave philips/justice yeldham and the dynamic ribbon device/crude - the rising sun
11/8 - bob dylan - vector arena
I didn't realise there was that much going on round here.

I've got tix to Dinosaur Jr. and Bob Dylan so far.

 
talk show host is offline
Old 06-10-2007, 12:09 AM   #20
avian chaos
Braindead
 
avian chaos's Avatar
 
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,137
Smile

I don't really like going to shows unless I'm drop dead fanatical about who's playing. I'm just waiting for John Prine to come back to mid/northern California so I can see him before he dies.

 
avian chaos is offline
Old 06-10-2007, 12:17 AM   #21
D.
😬
 
D.'s Avatar
 
Location: your memory
Posts: 35,136
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetwooneZERO
i do not know half that list...i need to get out more.
actually, one would probably need to get out less to know more bands

 
D. is offline
Old 06-10-2007, 12:23 AM   #22
neopryn
let's see your penis!
 
neopryn's Avatar
 
Location: i had a few beers, but i'm cool to drive
Posts: 31,869
Default

7/24 - Interpol
8/3 - TV On the Radio


 
neopryn is offline
Old 06-10-2007, 12:26 AM   #23
threetwooneZERO
Apocalyptic Poster
 
threetwooneZERO's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.
actually, one would probably need to get out less to know more bands
not me. i'm usually very talkative before the show..i.e in line or something and i like to talk to other people about different bands and that is usually how i hear about things.

ps - my friends and I don't listen to the same music.

 
threetwooneZERO is offline
Old 06-10-2007, 12:31 AM   #24
D.
😬
 
D.'s Avatar
 
Location: your memory
Posts: 35,136
Default

most the bands i hear about are from the inernet.

 
D. is offline
Old 06-10-2007, 12:35 AM   #25
threetwooneZERO
Apocalyptic Poster
 
threetwooneZERO's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,896
Default

Same here, but I like to have someone else tell me about a band. I don't like to read a review, but I tend to find most of the bands I really enjoy through word of mouth.

Care to share some? lol

 
threetwooneZERO is offline
Old 06-10-2007, 12:47 AM   #26
shannon
Minion of Satan
 
shannon's Avatar
 
Location: i am a reptile
Posts: 7,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull
Polyphonic Spree will BLOW YOUR FUCKING MIND

Let's see:
July 13th - Slint/GZA/Sonic Youth
July 18th - Decemberists w/CSO
July 28th - Wicker Park Fest (Catfish Haven, Man Man, Benevento/Russo Duo, Prefuse 73)
August 3-5 - Lollapalooza
August 24 - RATM
September 13-15 - Wall To Wall Guitar Festival (Buddy Guy, John McLauglin, Vernon Reid/DJ Logic, Alex DeGrassi, Kaki King, Jorma Kaukonen, Toubab Krewe, Los Lobos, North Mississippi Allstars)
September 19-22 - Pygmalion Festival (Andrew Bird, Headlights, Okkervill River, Dark Meat, Bound Stems, Shapes + Sizes)
i'm so jealous of this list

 
shannon is offline
Old 06-10-2007, 03:27 AM   #27
DiscoStu
Amish Rake Fighter
 
DiscoStu's Avatar
 
Location: Milano, Italia
Posts: 17
Default

lou reed's "berlin" in milan 10 july and maybe turin 11 july

 
DiscoStu is offline
Old 06-10-2007, 07:08 AM   #28
I'm Hardcore
Banned
 
I'm Hardcore's Avatar
 
Location: so 1994 I could die
Posts: 15,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer999
20/6 - salon kingsadore
HAHAHAHAHAHAAH

 
I'm Hardcore is offline
Old 06-10-2007, 07:23 AM   #29
celluloid_love
Minion of Satan
 
celluloid_love's Avatar
 
Location: creepyu
Posts: 7,225
Default

dinosaur jr. in july

that's all

 
celluloid_love is offline
Old 06-10-2007, 09:50 AM   #30
pale blue eyes
sproutsy
 
Location: :/
Posts: 15,085
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by neopryn
8/3 - TV On the Radio
They are so great live.

 
pale blue eyes is offline
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2014