Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2018, 10:00 PM   #1
Insight_Scoop
Demi-God

Default New Jimmy Interview

https://www.azcentral.com/story/ente...on/2118186002/

I don't care if it's been posted somewhere already. This is a good'un.

~Brought to you by Insight_Scoop~

P.S. Brett this should give you fodder for the site for at least a week.

Old 11-29-2018, 10:07 PM   #2
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight_Scoop View Post
https://www.azcentral.com/story/ente...on/2118186002/

I don't care if it's been posted somewhere already. This is a good'un.

~Brought to you by Insight_Scoop~

P.S. Brett this should give you fodder for the site for at least a week.
I've actually had a draft for it ready for a day but some other Pumpkins news has come from the Madison show, so I'll hold it off until the weekend. I thought Jimmy's D'arcy quote was interesting. It's a shame James and Jimmy didn't take a more hands on role in negotiations, everyone involved would have made more money if D'arcy was there. I think they ultimately just took the path of least resistance.

Old 11-29-2018, 10:07 PM   #3
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I thought you guys were each other.

Old 11-29-2018, 10:07 PM   #4
FoolofaTook

I mean the same person.

Old 11-29-2018, 10:24 PM   #5
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
I thought you guys were each other.
https://i.imgur.com/i3eLl.gif

Old 11-30-2018, 12:53 AM   #6
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

Quote:
Corgan was over for lunch a day before the interview, he says.
As a practical matter, I wonder what was on the menu. Did Mrs. Chamberlain make the PBJ sandwiches? Did Billy bring over a bucket of KFC? Does Jimmy have a personal chef who made them a three course lunch? I mean, my curiosity doesn't begin and end at whether or not Billy is a control freak. Set the scene, as they say.

Quote:
Some things, he says, are easier. "But when you’re young, you’re full of fire, right? You can be out all night and then go and just rip off a show and be onto the next one. Now, there’s a lot more old-man stuff that goes into the process. I was watching my alkalinity and I would do a 30-minute meditation before the show. Stretching. Trying to eat low-inflammation foods."

Playing intricate drums in a huge arena for more than three hours a night is a challenge.
Did they play three hour shows back in the day? Some of these older bands actually seem to be doing longer gigs in their old age than when they were younger, if for no other reason than they have a lot more material to play after a few decades of recording.

Quote:
It’s like a ballet of the body chemistry and how that informs the mechanics of the physical performance. When I was 25, I would eat two bar hot dogs, have a beer and then go play."
That kind of diet still seems to work for Trump. Maybe it's really not as bad of food as Jimmy remembers it. Health nuts are getting carried away these days.

Last edited by MonumentsRocks : 11-30-2018 at 02:50 AM.

Old 11-30-2018, 02:08 AM   #7
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

8 versions of BSBT sounds about right

Old 11-30-2018, 09:09 AM   #8
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Jimmy Chamberlin talks like a man who's at peace with his place in the universe. At 54, he sounds grounded and thrilled to be touring with Billy Corgan and James Iha for the first time since the Smashing Pumpkins played their farewell concert in Chicago 18 years ago.

Before they launched the Shiny and Oh So Bright Tour here in Glendale on July 12, Corgan told the New York Times, "I would say this is the happiest time of the band."

That may have been true at the time, but they're actually happier now. At least that's how it feels to Chamberlin, who says, "We’re in a really good spot."
First three paragraphs: THE BAND IS HAPPY. THIS IS THE BEST. EVERYTHING IS GREAT. Help me I’m dying inside.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:46 AM   #9
FoolofaTook

too many drugs + wealth = "I was watching my alkalinity"

Old 11-30-2018, 10:03 AM   #10
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

too many drugs + wealth = GOALS

Old 11-30-2018, 10:18 AM   #11
FoolofaTook

if that is true then i need to do more drugs, clearly.

Old 12-01-2018, 03:36 AM   #12
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Red face

So Jimmy argues not with a room, but the whole universe. Are journalists too shy to ask James and Jimmy why only Corgan was in contact with D'arcy for two years?

"Jimmy Chamberlin talks like a man who's at peace with his place in the universe.

It's obviously not a full reunion of the Pumpkins' classic lineup. Founding bassist D'arcy Wretzky quit in 1999 and hasn't taken part in the reunion.

Asked if he was disappointed that she's not involved, Chamberlin says, "Of course I was."

The whole band wanted her to be involved, he says, and went into negotiations with the "best intentions."

How that all played out may depend on who's talking.

Chamberlin doesn't get into it, saying, "I certainly wish that it could’ve been different. But I’m also a firm believer in the universe and what it gives you and trusting that things are right. I feel like the universe gave us what we needed to do the tour and we ended up doing it. I mean, obviously, if it could’ve been that way, it would’ve been amazing. But it was amazing nevertheless.""

Old 12-01-2018, 03:43 AM   #13
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Are journalists too shy to ask James and Jimmy why only Corgan was in contact with D'arcy for two years?
It would be rude for any music journalist to pry to that extent. It's entertainment news, after all, not investigative reporting.

Old 12-01-2018, 03:58 AM   #14
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy's said he was the only one in contact for a long period of time because the whole thing didn't start for a reunion. It was something to do with their friendship. There were a few other people in touch with here later on as well, but not the band members – they were supposed to meet up, but Darcy never made herself available.

Old 12-01-2018, 04:23 AM   #15
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Question

Who should have been in touch with D'arcy beside Corgan? There only seems to have been communication between D'arcy and Billy, who both tell, they wanted to meet each other, but the other refused with excuses.

D'arcy said, she wanted to stay in contact with James too. He even had stopped to answer her. This makes the whole official arguments look weird.

Old 12-02-2018, 08:12 AM   #16
Brisk
Ownz

where's the audio man, cba to read!