Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2018, 05:10 PM   #61
myosis
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
i will probably change to cipro drops soon because my ears are not responding to the tobramycin anymore. my insurance didnt want to pay for it before but they probably will now. hopefully the drops dont have the same warning.
they don't, but some people in support groups claim that drops have ruined their hearing... those are extreme cases though. some people seem way more sensitive than others to FQs, genetically speaking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
i wonder what the mechanism is that causes tendon issues? google time
i don't believe it is clearly established. possibly mitochondrial DNA damage causing collagen loss.

Old 08-23-2018, 05:14 PM   #62
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

I had ear tubes for a while when I was a kid but don't remember if the procedure hurt or not. Didn't mind having my tonsils removed (maybe 6 or 7 years old?) because that just meant a steady flow of ice cream and popsicles while I was laid up in the hospital recovering.

Old 08-23-2018, 07:06 PM   #63
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
thank you. i've never had MRI or ear tubes but at a few points these last few months i was ready to drive a nail into my ears just to try to relieve the pressure. at the moment no one can determine a cause, so i hope the MRI will shed some light on this. -_- i've been through two courses of (gentle) antibiotics even though there was no sign of infection, as a preventative measure and in hopes that the swelling would reduce. noooo such luck. the only other suggestions i've gotten are afrin and prednisone and i cannot tolerate the side effects of either so i'm just waiting until my insurance approves the MRI so the neurologist can come up with a better plan. my ENT was a total piece of shit and this new doctor seems a lot better, so we'll see!

does it hurt to get the tubes? i am hoping it can just be done in an outpatient setting because i realllllly don't have time to deal with a hospital. my daughter has some of her own medical needs that require frequent travel and i really can't let this ear bullshit slow me down any longer.

it barely hurts at all, definitely an outpatient thing. it's the best feeling in the world when they suck out the infection and everything is loud again.

before we did tubes they were desperately trying pharmaceutical methods. antibiotic pills, afrin, prednisone, and flonase all at once didnt do jack shit. the only issue i had is once they put the tubes in and sucked out the mucus, everything was great. but over about 2 days the tubes got clogged so i had to go back and i got put on another antibiotic called cefdinir plus started the tobradex drops and double dose of flonase. that killed my infection for a while, until the tubes fell out a few months later. and then the same thing happened, got new tubes, few months later fell out. then he put in these semi-permanent ones that are supposed to last about 3 years. and my right ear is definitely infected and the drops are not doing anything but it is not affecting my hearing. but i do need to go back for that. and my left ear i don't think is infected but it is getting clogged somehow, some pressure thing, and it does affect my hearing

it is fairly likely that having years of tubes will permanently damage my eardrums/hearing, unfortunately. but i can't fucking hear without them. my hearing is not as good as it was before all of this but i cannot function without them. the world is a lot different when you cannot hear. not just talking and stuff, all the ambient noises you don't even recognize. like i would walk into the store i work at and normally you hear people talking and machines beeping etc and i couldn't hear any of it. it's sort of peaceful in a way. humans would be OK if no one could hear. also i'm sure you've already started reading lips. i adjusted to that really quickly

Last edited by reprise85 : 08-23-2018 at 07:13 PM.

Old 08-23-2018, 07:09 PM   #64
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
I had ear tubes for a while when I was a kid but don't remember if the procedure hurt or not. Didn't mind having my tonsils removed (maybe 6 or 7 years old?) because that just meant a steady flow of ice cream and popsicles while I was laid up in the hospital recovering.
they put little kids to sleep just because it's a bit alarming to have something in your ear and you can't move, etc. but it's not a pain issue

Old 08-23-2018, 07:32 PM   #65
ilikeplanets
Braindead

luckily enough it hasn't really affected my hearing. i went to an audiologist per the protocol of the ENT office and they said my hearing was essentially perfect. it's just a comfort issue, for now. i very much want the tubes though. i'm ready to move on after months of having to think about this.

Old 08-23-2018, 07:42 PM   #66
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

oh. thats good. yeah my tests were not good. but they were able to tell it was functional hearing loss and not actual, physical hearing loss (of the hairs or whatever) from the testing so that was good

Old 08-23-2018, 07:46 PM   #67
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

it was sort of funny, they did allergy testing on me while i was having this profound hearing loss and while we were waiting for my reactions i told the nurse i swear my hearing is getting worse as we do this. it's not supposed to affect you enough to actually do anything to you besides irritate your skin a little. so the nurse told the doctor i guess and they did a second hearing test in the booth and sure enough my hearing was more impaired than it had been an hour earlier. further cementing that this was an allergy issue

Old 08-24-2018, 10:13 AM   #68
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

I had horrific earaches when I was very young before I was in school as well as kindergarden and first grade. My Mom would let me stay home from school and marathon watch episodes of The Three Stooges on VHS because she is the best. Also remember some sort of audiologist appointment where they put huge headphones on me and asked me to tell them when I heard different beeps and noises. Started going to shows when I was 14 and my hearing is fucx but I did start occasionally wearing earplugs a while back.

Old 08-24-2018, 11:35 AM   #69
ilikeplanets
Braindead

i had an allergy test before, it's actually a pretty shitty process. turns out my relentless cough was due to the almost pack a day i was smoking and it vanished after the first time i quit almost 10 years ago (holy shit). i've been quit this time for over 9 months and i'm sure it's helped me feel more energetic and generally healthier. i could prob stand to stop eating so much sugar, though. T_T

Old 08-24-2018, 10:14 PM   #70
lawson
Apocalyptic Poster

Everything cracks all the time. I can crack my neck and back in multiple spots by barely moving in certain directions whereas when I was younger I would have to use my hands for neck or grab onto something for my back. I got a new job recently so I am in better condition than a few months ago but before then and especially from having a newborn (16 months now) if I didn't get a midday nap when he napped my brain would not work right when I had to go teach in the afternoon.

Also, I have forgotten so much stuff about my friends from my teens and 20's that it embarrasses me when I see them and they have stories about me and I don't remember the story. I think a lot of that is cause of the drinking I did then tho. I forgot one of my very good ex bandmate friends has a now adult daughter until she texted me from his phone asking where he was recently. Dude had a stroke last year and has aphasia. He is actually doing really well, she was just freaked out and started texting all his contacts.

Old 08-25-2018, 12:53 AM   #71
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawson View Post
it embarrasses me when I see them and they have stories about me
What, like that time you used paid-for identity services to track down some girl that ghosted you?

Old 08-25-2018, 12:54 AM   #72
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Reviews you'd provided of forays made into interracial romance?

Old 08-25-2018, 03:07 AM   #73
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
What, like that time you used paid-for identity services to track down some girl that ghosted you?
He's the board pedo. Creepy as fuuuuck.

Old 08-25-2018, 03:10 AM   #74
D.
Consume my pants.

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=184878

Old 08-25-2018, 10:28 PM   #75
lawson
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Yup, never happened. If anyone ever has any REAL concerns about anything in my life, feel free to send me a PM I will go into way too much detail about anything you want to know about my pretty boring life! Otherwise, stop needlessly trolling me as I make my 20 posts a year. I never changed my public info. Maybe D. will dox me again, you know, not because he is an asshole but because he has a general interest in the safety of this board. He actually said that last year. What a dick.

Old 08-25-2018, 11:51 PM   #76
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

y'all my knees suck and I had dental surgery recently and need more.
my hearing is going to shit, as well.
I started wearing glasses and contacts like 10 years ago, and started getting greys back then, too.
I still look younger than my age, but I get under-eye bags when I smile. I'd like to try some fillers for that, eventually.

But! Mentally I feel better than I have in years - on the proper meds and getting proper treatment and have the proper diagnosis yay!

Old 08-26-2018, 01:19 AM   #77
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

what dental surgery did you undergo, if you feel like sharing?
how did it go?

my teeth are fine atm but it's a perpetual trigger for me

Old 08-26-2018, 03:31 PM   #78
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
what dental surgery did you undergo, if you feel like sharing?
how did it go?

my teeth are fine atm but it's a perpetual trigger for me
I had to get a bone graft due to some hereditary bone loss. It sucks.

Old 08-29-2018, 09:03 PM   #79
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I am about to rip the sciatic nerve out of my body

Old 08-29-2018, 09:08 PM   #80
slunken
Virgo

If I drink too much my skin dries out but other than that I'm more of a god than I ever was.

Old 08-30-2018, 04:18 AM   #81
ChristHimself!
mental problems angel

Cool

i have permanent tinnitus now and i'm a fatter fuck than ever. good times!

Old 08-30-2018, 11:16 PM   #82
lawson
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale_princess View Post
I had to get a bone graft due to some hereditary bone loss. It sucks.
Damn, I'm sorry. I don't know anything about that but I'm sure you heard the phrase bone loss and were like, ok great body decay begin now. My sister just had a hysterectomy this week. She is 50 and has 3 kids so, ya know, but it was still pretty emotional for her to *have* to do it for health reasons. I'm sure most of my shit could be fixed with more exercise and yoga. FuCK. I DONT WANNA YOGA!!!

Old 08-31-2018, 08:33 AM   #83
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

i just had my wisdom teeth out yesterday. one of them broke in half about two years ago while i was eating some skittles. that's probably my only area of concern: my teeth. i finally went to the dentist in july for the first time in over ten years and have had the worst of my cavities filled (thankfully averting a root canal), with several more to go yet. i have greatly reduced my candy and sweets consumption, which was frighteningly high for the past 12 years at least, and begun to floss and brush more regularly.

otherwise, i just get dry skin on my face and have acquired some grey hair around the sides of my head. i've had glasses since i was 7 and haven't gained or lost any weight since high school. my knees have been cracking when i bend them since i had my growth spurt, so i'm not worried about that. i'm getting married in a few months, which is great. p.s. i'm 31.

Old 08-31-2018, 09:14 AM   #84
FoolofaTook

are you marrying bonnie?

Old 08-31-2018, 12:24 PM   #85
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

ew, no.

Old 08-31-2018, 12:26 PM   #86
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxzombie View Post

haven't gained or lost any weight since high school.
i can't imagine this. i've gone up and down.....up and down......up and down, forever.

Old 08-31-2018, 12:31 PM   #87
FoolofaTook

I've gone up and down...

ON YOUR FATHER LOLOLOLOL

Old 08-31-2018, 12:41 PM   #88
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

https://i.imgur.com/60HKMk2.jpg

Old 08-31-2018, 01:49 PM   #89
FoolofaTook

is that my man jack "batin'" bates?

Old 08-31-2018, 04:17 PM   #90
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I am about to rip the sciatic nerve out of my body
im still feelin' the pain even now. It's been like almost 2 weeks. Saw a personal trainer to maybe help w my form but he said it looks fine. I'm at a loss. It did help to take some mild muscle relaxers and sleep w a pillow betwixt my legs tho.