redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

also "yankee friends?"

Old 02-18-2018, 11:12 PM   #62
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Note to nihilist self: don't steal socks from fuzzy's basement.
heh, I'd never shoot someone for a simple break and enter.. If you do that in Canada then YOU'RE the one who does the prison time... It's been a big point of controversy out here for ages. There's been countless cases of senior citizens and otherwise law abiding folks having to do prison time for wounding some junkie who's broken into their home.

I really just like the target practice and the shooting drills and the community that surrounds gun culture. I know a lot of hunters and shit too. I'd never do that, but it's fun to fire guns and shit.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:14 PM   #63
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Good god, what's wrong with this generation of people? When I was a kid you'd never hear about this kind of shit happening. I do think the gun laws in America need some tweaking. At the same time, it's far too much of a hassle to get your gun license in Canada, while all the criminals easily obtain them on the black market. It would be nice to see a middle ground found in the United States.

But still, there was never such mass violence in the decades before. I really do think this is a cultural problem that needs to be examined. These lifelike video games where you go on shooting rampages all day can't be good for impressionable disturbed children and teens... I really think they outta be banned.

I used to work at a video game department and parents were always buying their little children the most violent shooting games... It was unbelievable to me, really.
Fuzzy, there are violent shooting games played all over the world. If they caused gun violence, it would be everywhere. There have been A LOT of studies done about this. Only in fucking America are people more worried about virtual guns causing violence than real guns.

No, the problem is the gun availability. These mass shooters aren't getting guns on the black market, they are getting them themselves legally or stealing/borrowing them from people who got them legally.

There is no other statistic that shows any correlation besides number of guns.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:16 PM   #64
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Unhappy

Quote:
Good god, what's wrong with this generation of people? When I was a kid you'd never hear about this kind of shit happening. I do think the gun laws in America need some tweaking. At the same time, it's far too much of a hassle to get your gun license in Canada, while all the criminals easily obtain them on the black market. It would be nice to see a middle ground found in the United States.

But still, there was never such mass violence in the decades before. I really do think this is a cultural problem that needs to be examined. These lifelike video games where you go on shooting rampages all day can't be good for impressionable disturbed children and teens... I really think they outta be banned.

I used to work at a video game department and parents were always buying their little children the most violent shooting games... It was unbelievable to me, really.
i don't think video games are the problem. i'm kind of scared a mass shooting "trend" has started and now all the disturbed kids who were considering it will be pushed into it by what they hear about it.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:16 PM   #65
FoolofaTook

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
oh yeah let's blame video games. you know what else makes people murder a bunch of kids randomly? marijuana. and rock music. seriously how fucking stupid do you have to be
I blame God.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:17 PM   #66
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
oh yeah let's blame video games. you know what else makes people murder a bunch of kids randomly? marijuana. and rock music. seriously how fucking stupid do you have to be
Well if you look at the stats, these public shootings have gone through the roof in recent years... Gun laws haven't changed in ages... There is something sick that's going on in the minds of the society.

This might sound hard for a lot of you guys to believe, because I know a lot of you guys are actually high IQ people... But I know people who spend 5-6 hours a day playing violent video games... These guys have been doing it their whole lives, and it's not an outlier. There's tons of people that do this... And the video games keep getting more and more realistic and lifelike.

I think there is a definite correlation.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:18 PM   #67
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
have it as comfort in the case of an emergency.
you're more likely to get shot by a home invader if you have a gun

Old 02-18-2018, 11:21 PM   #68
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Fuzzy, there are violent shooting games played all over the world. If they caused gun violence, it would be everywhere. There have been A LOT of studies done about this. Only in fucking America are people more worried about virtual guns causing violence than real guns.

No, the problem is the gun availability. These mass shooters aren't getting guns on the black market, they are getting them themselves legally or stealing/borrowing them from people who got them legally.

There is no other statistic that shows any correlation besides number of guns.
Well gun availability hasn't changed in America. It's been the same for decades and decades... But it's only been recently that we've seen these maniacs going on rampages... Something has to have changed.

Bill Maher was talking about this on his recent show this week... He thinks it has to do a lot with how doctors are prescribing psychotropic drugs to children into adulthood... These people never have a chance to be "normal"... An interesting idea nonetheless.

Either way, you can't deny the stunning increase of these events... So there's definitely something culturally that needs to be addressed and examined. It's not fair to put all the blames on the weaponry itself.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:22 PM   #69
redbreegull

Quote:
Well if you look at the stats, these public shootings have gone through the roof in recent years... Gun laws haven't changed in ages... There is something sick that's going on in the minds of the society.

This might sound hard for a lot of you guys to believe, because I know a lot of you guys are actually high IQ people... But I know people who spend 5-6 hours a day playing violent video games... These guys have been doing it their whole lives, and it's not an outlier. There's tons of people that do this... And the video games keep getting more and more realistic and lifelike.

it's like a game of how many blatantly incorrect things can you say in one post

Old 02-18-2018, 11:22 PM   #70
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
you're more likely to get shot by a home invader if you have a gun
Probably true... In these situations it's better to get the cops involved... But you never know what might transpire...Especially if you're the man of the house with a family. Gotta prepare for the worst.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:22 PM   #71
redbreegull

gun laws haven't changed in years?

ever heard of the assault weapons ban? you just spew bullshit

Old 02-18-2018, 11:23 PM   #72
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Well gun availability hasn't changed in America. It's been the same for decades and decades... But it's only been recently that we've seen these maniacs going on rampages... Something has to have changed.

Bill Maher was talking about this on his recent show this week... He thinks it has to do a lot with how doctors are prescribing psychotropic drugs to children into adulthood... These people never have a chance to be "normal"... An interesting idea nonetheless.

Either way, you can't deny the stunning increase of these events... So there's definitely something culturally that needs to be addressed and examined. It's not fair to put all the blames on the weaponry itself.
No, guns have been getting easier and easier to get as time goes on. Thanks, NRA.

It is obviously not the gun's fault, but if these people couldn't get guns their body counts would be much lower.

It's gun availability and the large amount of events causing at-risk people to think they could really do shooting. video games have nothing to do with it at all. there are seriously hundreds of studies about this.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:24 PM   #73
redbreegull

Quote:

yeah it's not fair to blame guns and the gun industry and the NRA for this cultural problem, but it makes sense to blame call of duty. good thinking fuzzyroes

Old 02-18-2018, 11:24 PM   #74
redbreegull

Quote:
Probably true... In these situations it's better to get the cops involved... But you never know what might transpire...Especially if you're the man of the house with a family. Gotta prepare for the worst.
it's far more likely someone in your house will get shot accidentally than that the gun will do literally anything else

Old 02-18-2018, 11:26 PM   #75
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:

You disprove your own point. Why aren't all these people mass killers?

Old 02-18-2018, 11:26 PM   #76
redbreegull

There actually is some evidence that games can make people violent, but the real correlation is between games that are very frustrating, not between games which show violence.

a study from Germany a few years back showed people with violent predispositions seek out violent games

Old 02-18-2018, 11:26 PM   #77
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
yeah it's not fair to blame guns and the gun industry and the NRA for this cultural problem, but it makes sense to blame call of duty. good thinking fuzzyroes
yep. like i said, only in america do people blame virtual guns more than the real ones

Old 02-18-2018, 11:26 PM   #78
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
it's like a game of how many blatantly incorrect things can you say in one post
Video game culture is fucking HUGE... It's one form of physical media that is still growing and doing business like gangbusters... You look at the majority of the top bought games? It's all of these violent shooting massacre titles. I don't think children and teenagers should be spending the majority of their time fantasizing about shit like this, do you?

It's cancerous... And I know it's "unhip" to blame video games, but really... Most adults aren't even aware of these games that children and teens are playing... It's INCREDIBLY violent and ever increasingly lifelike.

I'm telling you guys, you ban these video games and there would be a dip in these violent nightmares... You have kids sitting there all day long in front of their monitors and TV screens blasting peoples brains out... You don't think it's gonna reach their mind when they reach a breaking point and figure they have nothing left to lose?

Old 02-18-2018, 11:27 PM   #79
redbreegull

Quote:
Video game culture is fucking HUGE... It's one form of physical media that is still growing and doing business like gangbusters... You look at the majority of the top bought games? It's all of these violent shooting massacre titles. I don't think children and teenagers should be spending the majority of their time fantasizing about shit like this, do you?

It's cancerous... And I know it's "unhip" to blame video games, but really... Most adults aren't even aware of these games that children and teens are playing... It's INCREDIBLY violent and ever increasingly lifelike.

I'm telling you guys, you ban these video games and there would be a dip in these violent nightmares... You have kids sitting all day long blasting peoples brains out... You don't think it's gonna reach their mind when they figure they have nothing left to lose?
you are such a blithering idiot

Old 02-18-2018, 11:28 PM   #80
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

looks guys fuzzy solved gun violence

why didn't researches ever think to look at video games

Old 02-18-2018, 11:28 PM   #81
redbreegull

I wouldn't want my little kid playing violent games because I do believe exposure to depictions of violence can be bad for your mental health. But it's an enormous and absurd fucking stretch to say that games cause people to murder people.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:28 PM   #82
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

fuzzy, 17 people really died right in the next town over from me. this is real life. we need real solutions. extensive background checks, mental health exams, licenses, and gun registration that requires renewals every so many years.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:29 PM   #83
redbreegull

I mean did Helter Skelter make Manson order all those killings

or was he just a fucking psychopath

Old 02-18-2018, 11:29 PM   #84
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
I wouldn't want my little kid playing violent games because I do believe exposure to depictions of violence can be bad for your mental health. But it's an enormous and absurd fucking stretch to say that games cause people to murder people.
absolutely agree

Old 02-18-2018, 11:29 PM   #85
redbreegull

or did the other Manson cause Columbine? jesus christ

Old 02-18-2018, 11:30 PM   #86
redbreegull

is radical Islamist terrorism fueled by Halo as well, or just white boy terrorism?

Old 02-18-2018, 11:31 PM   #87
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

it's too bad trump was too much of a chickenshit to address the public while in parkland

Old 02-18-2018, 11:31 PM   #88
redbreegull

400 years ago people were burning each other for being jews and witches and blasphemers. I wonder what shooters they were playing

Old 02-18-2018, 11:32 PM   #89
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
No, guns have been getting easier and easier to get as time goes on. Thanks, NRA.

It is obviously not the gun's fault, but if these people couldn't get guns their body counts would be much lower.

It's gun availability and the large amount of events causing at-risk people to think they could really do shooting.
I don't disagree with this. I think it's astonishing that there isn't more of a screening process involved and I'd like to see that be implemented... But I think if you blame the guns that you're missing the bigger picture.

There's a spiritual deficit that has occurred with the fast-paced life with the "internet"... People haven't had time to examine the side affects of such a rapid increase in the way people live their lives... I knew tons of disturbed kids sprouting with anger growing up, hell I was one myself... We never thought of going and slaying innocent people. I could have easily got access to weaponry in my own house, it never crossed my mind in the slightest way.

There's a change... And unless you address that, violent crimes will continue to uptick regardless of the weapons available

Old 02-18-2018, 11:33 PM   #90
redbreegull

Quote:
I don't disagree with this. I think it's astonishing that there isn't more of a screening process involved and I'd like to see that be implemented... But I think if you blame the guns that you're missing the bigger picture.

There's a spiritual deficit that has occurred with the fast-paced life with the "internet"... People haven't had time to examine the side affects of such a rapid increase in the way people live their lives... I knew tons of disturbed kids sprouting with anger growing up, hell I was one myself... We never thought of going and slaying innocent people. I could have easily got access to weaponry in my own house, it never crossed my mind in the slightest way.

There's a change... And unless you address that, violent crimes will continue to uptick regardless of the weapons available
a lot of that change has been pushed by the gun industry and the NRA