Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2011, 09:30 PM   #31
Gossamer
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: We got it like three quarters of the way in whilst on vacation last week. Minor success. Unfortunately she is leaving for England in a couple of days.

The key to dream interpretation is being aware of what the current major conflicts/stressors are in your life AND being able to identify dream residue (things that you saw in your waking life earlier in the day that just happen to pop up in your dream) from actual meaningful symbols.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:32 PM   #32
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

once you identify dream residue can you smoke it

Old 10-26-2011, 04:56 AM   #33
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

nothing smokes better than broken dreams
except crack, maybe

Old 10-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #34
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

last night was fucked. had a dream that I accidentally killed my ex-girlfriend

Old 10-26-2011, 11:07 AM   #35
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i had dreams that i was having an asthma attack and then i woke up and puked and went back to sleep

Old 10-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #36
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i fell asleep on skype while laying in bed with the lights on; i was laying inside of a plastic cocoon and it kept getting tighter and tighter around my head until i couldn't breathe. i was startled awake and muttering 'help'. right away i was embarrassed but tim didn't even notice.

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 10-26-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:45 PM   #37
Shallowed
Braindead

I went to my friend's house to have a sesh. I haven't actually been to his house in real life. Eminem was with us. We were smoking in his room, lighting the joints with candles. I actually felt particularly high like I normally do when I smoke. Friend's mother walked in to tell him something, picked up a joint, had a hit, then stuck around while Eminem chatted to her. Friend left the room to go occupy himself with something else, I guess he was embarrassed by his mother's presence or something. Eminem suggested that we have a threesome while friend was gone. Friend's mother was open to the idea. I went to go throw up in the kitchen sink, coughing up blood and what looked like Bailey's, though I don't drink the stuff. I heard my friend's mother laughing her ass off in my friend's room, listening to El Scorcho by Weezer. After that I woke up.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:47 PM   #38
barden
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i fell asleep on skype while laying in bed with the lights on; i was laying inside of a plastic cocoon and it kept getting tighter and tighter around my head until i couldn't breathe. i was startled awake and muttering 'help'. right away i was embarrassed but tim didn't even notice.
thats because tim understands its better to pretend he didn't notice than to tell you he watched you falling asleep while on skype. just staring. intently.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:50 PM   #39
barden
Braindead

'help'.

identify the dream residue. what are the stressors in YOUR life. Ones that feel like plastic cocoons that keep getting tighter and tighter until you cant breathe.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:10 PM   #40
Dead Frequency
Minion of Satan

Location: They don't know who did it, but they're looking for hardened criminals

I had a dream that a small alien jet fighter shot lasers at my nads and it hurt real fucking bad. Then it shot me in the shoulder and I took off my coat, threw it over the small plane and slammed it on the ground, shattering it.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:32 AM   #41
Duke1497
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfighter28 View Post
Goodnight, netphoria! Post your dreams here. I might have created this thread before but I want a clean slate. No sex stuff please.
A while ago, I had a dream in which I murdered my douchebag ex-stepfather. It went like this:

I somehow run into him, and we were arguing about something. Then he said something that set me off, and I started to repetitively stab him with a plastic fork. It actually stabbed through bone and everything. I kept stabbing him, and al the while I was laughing psychotically. He kept screaming and there was blood everywhere.

What's the significance of this? I mean I know I hate the guy but why was the dream like this?

Old 12-01-2011, 12:33 AM   #42
slunken
Virgo

you blame other people (specifically authority figures that really hold no significance) for your own problems/inactivity

Old 12-01-2011, 12:36 AM   #43
Duke1497
Ownz

Last night I had a dream about the zombie apocalypse. My broth an I hijacked some old guys car and drove away. We found 2 alive guys chained in their yard, with their bodies half eaten, but still alive. One said something about loving his wife, but he didn't have the heart to kill her. I assumed that he meant she was a zombie. Then she came out and I ran away

Old 12-01-2011, 12:37 AM   #44
slunken
Virgo

AGAIN YOU'RE LETTING OTHER PEOPLE DECIDE WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHAT IS WRONG FOR YOU

Old 12-01-2011, 12:38 AM   #45
Duke1497
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
you blame other people (specifically authority figures that really hold no significance) for your own problems/inactivity
That actually isn't true. I hate my ex stepfather because he put my family through five years of Hell. Screamed at my mom, ignored us when my father died and we were all hurting, and other crap I won't go into

Old 12-01-2011, 12:40 AM   #46
Duke1497
Ownz

Quote:
AGAIN YOU'RE LETTING OTHER PEOPLE DECIDE WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHAT IS WRONG FOR YOU
That isn't true either. I was raised to be independent, I learned to fend for myself at a young age

Old 12-01-2011, 12:46 AM   #47
slunken
Virgo

playing the victim each and every time also goes hand in hand

Old 12-01-2011, 12:53 AM   #48
Duke1497
Ownz

Quote:
playing the victim each and every time also goes hand in hand
What do you exactly mean by "playing the victim?"

Old 12-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #49
Dead Frequency
Minion of Satan

Location: They don't know who did it, but they're looking for hardened criminals

Why do aliens want to shoot me in the nards slunken

Old 12-01-2011, 04:15 AM   #50
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta of Muppet View Post
I went to my friend's house to have a sesh. I haven't actually been to his house in real life. Eminem was with us. We were smoking in his room, lighting the joints with candles. I actually felt particularly high like I normally do when I smoke. Friend's mother walked in to tell him something, picked up a joint, had a hit, then stuck around while Eminem chatted to her. Friend left the room to go occupy himself with something else, I guess he was embarrassed by his mother's presence or something. Eminem suggested that we have a threesome while friend was gone. Friend's mother was open to the idea. I went to go throw up in the kitchen sink, coughing up blood and what looked like Bailey's, though I don't drink the stuff. I heard my friend's mother laughing her ass off in my friend's room, listening to El Scorcho by Weezer. After that I woke up.
whats the matter wichoo

Old 12-01-2011, 07:53 PM   #51
supermaid
Pledge

Location: how can you hate on that ending when all the trumpets and tubas come in

Now it's kind of strange, and kinda hard for me to talk about, but I thought maybe you could help...

Old 12-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #52
ilikeplanets
Braindead

These melatonin pills make my dreams really fucked. Not adventurous like nicotine patches, but filled with overwhelming negative emotions. It's easy to shake off once I wake up though.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:31 PM   #53
Duke1497
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
These melatonin pills make my dreams really fucked. Not adventurous like nicotine patches, but filled with overwhelming negative emotions. It's easy to shake off once I wake up though.
My lexapro makes me have weird dreams that are really clear

Old 12-07-2011, 03:49 AM   #54
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta of Muppet View Post
Had a dream where I was in the vicinity of a meteor crashing into Earth. Someone pointed off to the horizon, I looked up and there it was, a big-assed mountain of rock just casually falling out of the sky. Caused a nuclear-like explosion.
I had this dream again, except seen from the vantage point of the moon, which was terraformed.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #55
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

bump

Old 07-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #56
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Had another dream about accidentally killing a former love interest. It was like an rpg and she was level 2 or something, but I didn't know it, and she went down pretty easy.

Then there was one where I was in this creepy bar, and then it turned into a courthouse, and the police locked it down and said some psycho kidnapped an infant and was holding it hostage. Then the baby fell from the balcony like way up high.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #57
slunken
Virgo

had a conversation with my dead uncle in law a couple nights ago

Old 07-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #58
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I am with my friend Larissa and her buddy Helya, at some apartment. They are having this issue that both of them are devolving into insects. Helya's transformation goes quicker and she turns into a shiny blue beetle to our dismay. The beetle then comes after us and in self-defense, I close my flip phone on it. I guess it lives though, because next it has devolved all the way into a big egg. Larissa cooks the egg and we break it open to eat it. I check thoroughly but can find no bug parts in it. Next I go to some odd corner of the apartment where it is dark and musty. I look up into the corner of the room near the ceiling, and realize the walls are covered in screen, like window screen, except that it is torn in some places. I push up on the ceiling and it open. Turns out the apartment is located beneath a beach. I hear the wind and the waves, and sand pours in to the passage I have just opened. As I pull the door in the ceiling closed, I realize a shit ton of these tiny black bugs have made it through because of the hole in the screen and are now eating away the apartment

Old 07-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #59
Gossamer
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: We got it like three quarters of the way in whilst on vacation last week. Minor success. Unfortunately she is leaving for England in a couple of days.

Had an awesome dream interpretation group session at my house with some of my psych friends/colleagues. Ridiculously fascinating and good time. Would recommend.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #60
D.
Consume my pants.

Last night I dreamt that I was at my house, having a party with some peeps. All of a sudden they start picking out people who they deemed "gay" and were beating them up. I rushed to stop the kerfuffle and was tazed by the guitarist from the indie pop band Tennis. It didn't hurt or stun me very much so I was able to tussle w him, eventually getting the tazer. I then tazed him repeatedly until he turned really blue and vein-y. I was terrified that i had killed him and also that it wasn't technically self-defense.

I woke up really relieved.