Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2018, 05:06 PM   #91
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardy View Post
I am happy that I have my son, he is the funniest and happiest little boy.

the other things sound crummy, but this does not! i'm happy for that

Old 09-05-2018, 05:31 PM   #92
bardy
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
was it a good show? i decided i wouldn't subject myself to old man bill anymore in a concert setting after 2007, but i'm thinking i missed out on this one, seems like it might have been a really good show. curious how you found it to be..
I really enjoyed it aside from a few songs I kind of zoned out through. I had some weird emotions during/after the show though. The first was realizing how OLD everyone at the show was--and then how old I am--and then how long this band has been around... life goes so quickly! The second was the wave of nostalgia of being an angsty teenager and caring SO MUCH about the band and knowing everything there was to know. Part of me missed that--the effort it took to find the good bootlegs... the relationship with other fans... the excitement of new material. I mean I like music and stuff still, but I haven't cared about a band like that since SP and I bet that I never will. Not a bad thing, just a moment of realization during a boring Disarm performance!

But in summary, I would pay the money and go see it again. There were times where they were rocking so hard and I got the full body tingles. It was glorious!

I

Old 09-05-2018, 06:04 PM   #93
TuralyonW3
Immortal

hey bardy and ChristHimself!

Old 09-06-2018, 11:31 PM   #94
obscured01
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardy View Post
I really enjoyed it aside from a few songs I kind of zoned out through. I had some weird emotions during/after the show though. The first was realizing how OLD everyone at the show was--and then how old I am--and then how long this band has been around... life goes so quickly! The second was the wave of nostalgia of being an angsty teenager and caring SO MUCH about the band and knowing everything there was to know. Part of me missed that--the effort it took to find the good bootlegs... the relationship with other fans... the excitement of new material. I mean I like music and stuff still, but I haven't cared about a band like that since SP and I bet that I never will. Not a bad thing, just a moment of realization during a boring Disarm performance!

But in summary, I would pay the money and go see it again. There were times where they were rocking so hard and I got the full body tingles. It was glorious!

I
We missed them when they came here in july... and I'm still pretty bummed about it.
The way you described them pretty much sums up to a T the way I feel about them as well. Haven't gotten into any other band to the same degree since.

Sorry about the separation and those issues. Being on your own with little ones is so hard. Zach traveled for work a huge amount of time with our first and it's almost like being a single mom when they're gone weeks out of the month every month.

How old is your little one? I have a boy who is 3, and a girl that is 6. Two was my favorite age for both... 3 was super rough with her, but has been good with him as well (maybe she was just tough!)

Old 09-07-2018, 09:55 AM   #95
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscured01 View Post
We missed them when they came here in july... and I'm still pretty bummed about it.
The way you described them pretty much sums up to a T the way I feel about them as well. Haven't gotten into any other band to the same degree since.

Sorry about the separation and those issues. Being on your own with little ones is so hard. Zach traveled for work a huge amount of time with our first and it's almost like being a single mom when they're gone weeks out of the month every month.
We're living in Houston now because B's job moved her here. She was out of town when SP came here and, with the kid and all, I had to sit this one out. The price of tickets also scared me away.

I feel ya on the spouse being outta town a lot, though; i've been the home parent for years, especially now that i am essentially a stay-at-home while we're out here.

Old 09-07-2018, 11:03 AM   #96
bardy
Immortal

Quote:

How old is your little one? I have a boy who is 3, and a girl that is 6. Two was my favorite age for both... 3 was super rough with her, but has been good with him as well (maybe she was just tough!)
He is going to turn 3 in November. He's been really mellow so far, so hopefully he doesn't turn into a monster My husband sees them from like 4:30 - 5:00 every weekday and maybe for a couple hours on the weekend--so I've been basically doing it alone since March. It gets easier after a while but there are a lot of times I just wonder... am I enough? am I doing this right? am I good mother? But those worries are pretty universal --regardless of circumstance.

What is a lifesaver is that my best friend from college got a job at the same company i work for and moved out to Utah a couple years ago. I don't know what I would do without her! I just invited her to go a fancy farm dinner with me for my birthday, which is what I would typically have asked my husband to do (and he prob would have groaned or not wanted to go anyway). I hope I can repay her somehow, someday.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:46 PM   #97
obscured01
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
We're living in Houston now because B's job moved her here. She was out of town when SP came here and, with the kid and all, I had to sit this one out. The price of tickets also scared me away.

I feel ya on the spouse being outta town a lot, though; i've been the home parent for years, especially now that i am essentially a stay-at-home while we're out here.
Oh man ticket prices were insane. They were playing at the ginormous American Airlines center here and it was crazy expensive. That's one reason we didn't go.. that and it was a weeknight. No biggie for me in the summer, but was for him, and no one to watch the kiddos on said weeknight.

How are y'all digging Houston? Big change? Haven't spent any time there at all, and haven't visited it since I was a kid. Are you still doing security?

Old 09-07-2018, 10:50 PM   #98
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

Houston SUCKS. I’ll be there next week and already dread it.

bardy, yo. Long time, no time. You got this still. You’re a badass VT boss. Sorry for your husband issues but yay on your young man!

I had tickets to see SP but it wasn’t worth the 1 hour drive. Don’t regret it.

I’m drunk. Holla.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:55 PM   #99
obscured01
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sppunk View Post
Houston SUCKS. I’ll be there next week and already dread it.

bardy, yo. Long time, no time. You got this still. You’re a badass VT boss. Sorry for your husband issues but yay on your young man!

I had tickets to see SP but it wasn’t worth the 1 hour drive. Don’t regret it.

I’m drunk. Holla.
I'm doing homework.

Unless I'm in a social setting with others I'm not a fan of drinking anymore. Maybe because I'm getting old and can't deal with the morning after. I'm a light weight though and like two drinks in I'm buzzy.

Old 09-08-2018, 12:08 AM   #100
D.
Consume my pants.

Houston is a BIG change.

Positives - there are beautiful houses in little pockets of beautiful neighborhoods out here in the west side of the city and i like to check those out; there are a lot of businesses/eateries/etc everywhere (on top of literally living across the street from one such shopping center/Kroger); seems to be a lot going on; a lot of vegetarian options; the bike lanes are amazingly connected around the city (especially when compared to KC)

Negatives - no one is friendly (i'm used to midwestern kindness and there is NONE of that out here), the fucking TRAFFIC, the humidity, there are people just everywhere (and not in the fun new york way); everyone is oblivious of everyone else and out for themselves; getting anywhere in your car is a chore; oddly the internet here is serviceable at best

I feel like I would accept this city and plant my feet if we were staying longer; but I think we're only gonna be here a year and, as such, I'm just down to catch some shows, eat some good food, and try to be in the moment. Because of a past criminal charge i can't get a gig doing security work out here (i was fine back in missouri, though?), which saddens me a lot, so i might try to hook some shit gig somewhere for the time being.

Old 09-09-2018, 02:01 PM   #101
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

pretty good turnout.

i've been working on a project at rice university over the past couple of years but spent most of my time in the university/arts district. after seven years in chicago i'd consider moving anywhere swampy and hot just to get some of that good moisture.

Old 09-09-2018, 04:34 PM   #102
Graveflower
Pledge

Thumbs down

Quote:
damn, bardy, i feel for ya.

b. and i did the back n forth even after having the kid but we eventually got our shit together and got married in june. did it all backwards but that's our style.

hope you're doing good, in spite of.

what the he'll I was supposed to be invited to that

Old 09-09-2018, 11:12 PM   #103
obscured01
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Houston is a BIG change.

Positives - there are beautiful houses in little pockets of beautiful neighborhoods out here in the west side of the city and i like to check those out; there are a lot of businesses/eateries/etc everywhere (on top of literally living across the street from one such shopping center/Kroger); seems to be a lot going on; a lot of vegetarian options; the bike lanes are amazingly connected around the city (especially when compared to KC)

Negatives - no one is friendly (i'm used to midwestern kindness and there is NONE of that out here), the fucking TRAFFIC, the humidity, there are people just everywhere (and not in the fun new york way); everyone is oblivious of everyone else and out for themselves; getting anywhere in your car is a chore; oddly the internet here is serviceable at best

I feel like I would accept this city and plant my feet if we were staying longer; but I think we're only gonna be here a year and, as such, I'm just down to catch some shows, eat some good food, and try to be in the moment. Because of a past criminal charge i can't get a gig doing security work out here (i was fine back in missouri, though?), which saddens me a lot, so i might try to hook some shit gig somewhere for the time being.
Houston does a crappy job of representing Texas. Were you in DFW, central Texas or even in the Panhandle (maybe esp. the panhandle) you'd see Texans are really friendly. Hearing that bums me out, and I'm sorry about that.

Also, bummer about not getting on with security because of that.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:05 AM   #104
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveflower View Post
what the he'll I was supposed to be invited to that
we planned and executed it within a three month time frame; you may have been offline at the time.

Quote:
Houston does a crappy job of representing Texas. Were you in DFW, central Texas or even in the Panhandle (maybe esp. the panhandle) you'd see Texans are really friendly. Hearing that bums me out, and I'm sorry about that.

Also, bummer about not getting on with security because of that.
oh, for sure, i'm not gonna think badly about texas, as a whole.

dallas has a gorgeous skyline and i had fun in austin (that city seems more my speed tbh). san antonio is fine. and of course i've spent time in some border towns, which has the best food ahaha.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:23 AM   #105
Shallowed
Braindead

Flights from NZ to Hawaii are remarkably cheap ��

Anyone in Mainland USA wanna meet me halfway?

Old 09-11-2018, 11:44 AM   #106
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
Flights from NZ to Hawaii are remarkably cheap ��

Anyone in Mainland USA wanna meet me halfway?
Going to visit family on Oahu in March. See you there? Paid for the ticket last April. Ouch.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:55 PM   #107
Graveflower
Pledge

Thumbs down

This didn't get deviousj to post...failure of a thread

Old 10-10-2018, 04:50 PM   #108
laradelocke
Apocalyptic Poster

I feel I can participate in this thread

Old 10-29-2018, 09:14 PM   #109
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawson View Post
You wouldn't recognize my old name (PhantomFM) but I remember there was a trend of people changing their names to their real names, a trend that I jumped on board with before posting less and less and then never.
I still have a burned cd with at least one of your old bands songs on it, was very good then and it's still very good!

Old 10-29-2018, 09:30 PM   #110
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Right up there with the best of Gary Glitter's work, for sure.

Old 11-10-2018, 05:18 AM   #111
BumbleBeeMouth
Apocalyptic Poster

Fuck, i'll be on the next tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYcPJvGQ9UE

Old 06-18-2019, 06:09 PM   #112
Spaldz
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
Anyone know what ever happened to Spaldz?
I'm only about a year late replying to this. Life moved on although all better now. Sure I've probably still got a few shows laying around which need to see the lightat some point if anyone still cares!