Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2021, 04:25 PM   #1
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Default Arising Hodgepodge Thoughts/Q

So, that (admittedly awesome) 10 seconds per album thread got me thinking about what my answers would be. Led me down a rabbit hole.

For Pisces, La Dolly Vita is it. When it comes back for that final push and Jimmy tears out like a famished wolverine heading into a kitten farm - just so much fun, with those guitars coming over in waves. Tough to beat. May be my favorite Jimmy moment on any SP album, period.

Realizing that I then of course needed to hear that live - pulled up the 4/14/99 Soundboard - man, how have I never really listened to this one? The drums are high in that soundboard mix which is QUITE OK for that portion of the song:

https://archive.org/details/ArisingT...Dolly+Vita.mp3

Thought that was worthy of sharing for sure...

Then, a thought - did they know that Jimmy was back when the tickets went on sale? Or when that show started in Detroit, was that breaking news? Can't remember how that all played out.

Who else here was at an Arising show? I lucked out and was at the Roxy. Forever immortalized as the best concert I'll ever be able to see.