Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2014, 02:57 PM   #91
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Actually Jared fuckface was a "hot" actor long before this Oscar. For teenage tv shit.
Then he was the "formerly" who made shitty music, so basically a joke in film business.

and now he is still a joke, with an Oscar. And shitty music. And an ugly haircut.

Old 06-04-2014, 03:02 PM   #92
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

at the end of the day i'll settle for the Bunk being the thing

Old 06-04-2014, 03:03 PM   #93
Trotskilicious
Banned

Jamie Hector as Quicksilver

Old 06-04-2014, 03:08 PM   #94
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
Actually Jared fuckface was a "hot" actor long before this Oscar. For teenage tv shit.
Then he was the "formerly" who made shitty music, so basically a joke in film business.

and now he is still a joke, with an Oscar. And shitty music. And an ugly haircut.
Wow. I feel like I wrote this post.

Thing is ive been hating him since his days as Jordan Catalano and had to in horror watch him have a career. And then the "music" shit. I don't care for Fight Club but i'll watch it for the scene where he gets his stupid face beat into a pulp. And I think one of the greatest missed opportunity in American Psycho was not showing him getting axe murdered. How could they deny us that pleasure.

Oh yeah and his amputation scene in Requiem for a dream, that's the only satisfaction I got out of that film.

There is very few celebrities out there in this world I hate more than Jared Leto. Nobody should like this guy. No one.

Old 06-04-2014, 03:09 PM   #95
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
Jamie Hector as Quicksilver
they've already cast two people as Quicksilver.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:15 PM   #96
Trotskilicious
Banned

yeah i'm just thinking about what dude from the wire would play which marvel superhero since Wallace is playing the Human Torch

Old 06-04-2014, 08:43 PM   #97
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Ok i'm not following here...if they cast a black guy as human torch and yet they're talking about Kate Mara as Sue Storm (wtf please god no that would be even worse than Jessica Alba and that was already as bad as it could get) ...I mean...she should be black too, they're brothers and sisters. I don't care as long as both are black. Otherwise that's implying this is a reboot where they're not siblings and that's where I put my foot down.

I even read a rumor that a woman might be Doom.... Seriously if they fuck so much with what is already established in comics why bother (not talking about the race thing again, just the siblings thing and Doom sorry but doom should definitely be a guy)

Old 06-04-2014, 09:15 PM   #98
Trotskilicious
Banned

seriously who fucking cares what color they are, how is that relevant in any way to the character

what if it's a reboot where wallace is her half brother or her adopted brother or who fucking cares WALLACE IS PLAYING THE HUMAN TORCH

besides jessica alba is latino and iirc the human torch was played by captain america who is a white guy who is pretty much the only character i think should be white because it's relevant to the character

i'm the guy who thinks danny trejo should be hawkeye

Old 06-04-2014, 09:15 PM   #99
Trotskilicious
Banned

WHERE THE FUCK IS WALLACE, STRINGER?

Old 06-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #100
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

I said I don't. But I DO care if they're siblings and according to the shit ive been reading with rumors regarding Sue Storm casting.... I have my doubts. Well ok so i guess one could be adopted I suppose. But otherwise this would make no goddam sense. And if they're not siblings, that's VERY relevant. I also think gender is very relevant. Well or fairly, it depends what character.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:26 PM   #101
Trotskilicious
Banned

full disclosure i decided i would never see X-Men Days of Future Past because of how they made Kitty Pryde be able to send someone's consciousness back in time or some such ludicrous nonsense for plot device reasons

even after they nail the casting they just piss all over continuity for no damn reason

Old 06-04-2014, 09:27 PM   #102
Trotskilicious
Banned

i think that's what upsets me the most, is when they take a good plot that's already been established and piss all over it for absolutely no reason. like the wolverine origins movie how they made the story even more complicated and came up with that ridiculous deadpool thing that just made zero goddamn sense

why? what's the point of that? so you can squeeze a deadpool cameo in there and then piss all over the character anyway? i just don't get it

Old 06-16-2014, 08:48 PM   #103
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Weird...just found out an ex of mine is going to appear in a very small role in the upcoming DC graphic novel Wonder Woman: Earth one by Grant Morrison and Yanick Paquette. The character will have her likeness AND name. I guess she knows Paquette. This is unfinished panels she posted on her instagram (the doctor in the first is actually Paquette's likeness):

http://s25.postimg.org/sp57d2c8f/wwal1.jpg

http://s25.postimg.org/o4nmbvhwv/wwal2.jpg

it looks like he gave her the role of a nurse or something. I'm fucking jealous of course. I'd like to be "immortalized" in the pages of a major comic (though if I had to pick, Marvel please). Last I knew she never even read comics.... fucking bullshit.

And yeah I know no one care but me. But come on it's just fucking weird man.

If I had to appear as a cameo in a WW book though I'd like to be some creepy guy behind checking out her ass or something. Like basically this above panel is having us do. Then she'd be like yo creep, stop checking my ass out, then she'd punch me in the face. Cause if you have to share a panel with a major superhero, I think the best thing one can hope for is get punched by them.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:31 AM   #104
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

in more DC horrible casting news, Jason Momoa is gonna be Aquaman in the Batman v Superman film. I don't know him from Game of thrones but he was goddam horrible as Conan (of course the problem with this film wasn't just him). Not to mention when I think auquaman I think pale blonde guy.

Also seriously just fucking call this shit justice league. Why are they cramming so many characters in a movie mainly supposed to be about batman and superman? That's not bound to feel awkward at all. I have a feeling they know it'll be bad but they just want an excuse to introduce all their characters fast and then work from there. It REALLY feels like they're playing catch-up with marvel.