Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2018, 02:15 PM   #31
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 2,672
Default

The Lights played the Metro in Chicago on May 4th.

Still will be interesting, if James will join A Perfect Circle again in October for their tour or the Pumpkins try to get to Europe this year.

 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:44 PM   #32
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Forgotten Child's Avatar
 
Location: SP, Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 2,348
Default

James was replaced, he didn't even recorded the new APC album, and anything they worked together wasn't used.

 
Forgotten Child is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:58 AM   #33
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 2,672
Default

APC announced Greg Edwards to be the second guitar player for the upcoming tour dates this spring,
to give James the opportunity to play with the Smashing Pumpkins this summer.
They didn't use some of James ideas for the record.

I see you're 50% on James Iha too...


 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 02:09 AM   #34
T&T
Minion of Satan
 
T&T's Avatar
 
Location: montreal
Posts: 9,744
Default

all these people look and ARE old.

 
T&T is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 02:25 AM   #35
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Funbags's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,968
Default

Maynard's Wig.

 
Funbags is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 02:46 AM   #36
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 2,672
Default

Maynard's gun pose looks GREAT with Matt McJunkins in the back, who had been bass player with the Eagles Of Death Metal at the Bataclan gun shooting terror attack.

 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:42 PM   #37
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 2,672
Default

Jack refurbished, to better fit with D'arcy's appearance. Singing even "Daydream".




 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:56 AM   #38
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Forgotten Child's Avatar
 
Location: SP, Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 2,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
APC announced Greg Edwards to be the second guitar player for the upcoming tour dates this spring,
to give James the opportunity to play with the Smashing Pumpkins this summer.
They didn't use some of James ideas for the record.

I see you're 50% on James Iha too...

That's cool, his picture was used for the tour. But hey:


“James and I worked on a few things but none of which made the record. When we started getting ready for the tour, James and I talked about the possibility of him going back to the Smashing Pumpkins, and that scenario started to get more solid, so we found a temporary replacement with Greg Edwards. I can speak for Maynard and myself when I say that we find Greg’s two bands very influential to us and we respect what he’s done, plus he’s in the family and a friend, so it was an easy transition to make. I’m very happy for James that is happening.”

I see you're 100% wrong again.

Last edited by Forgotten Child : 05-10-2018 at 01:11 AM.

 
Forgotten Child is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:48 AM   #39
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 2,672
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
That's cool, his picture was used for the tour. But hey:


“James and I worked on a few things but none of which made the record. When we started getting ready for the tour, James and I talked about the possibility of him going back to the Smashing Pumpkins, and that scenario started to get more solid, so we found a temporary replacement with Greg Edwards. I can speak for Maynard and myself when I say that we find Greg’s two bands very influential to us and we respect what he’s done, plus he’s in the family and a friend, so it was an easy transition to make. I’m very happy for James that is happening.”

I see you're 100% wrong again.
This picture is clearly an announcement of their new album:
I see, you're 100% dumb again.

"James and I worked on a few things"
Doesn't mean, James did no recordings for the album.
Sounds more like some musical arrangements they tried, that weren't used.

And he clearly describes Greg as a temporary replacement...

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 05-10-2018 at 01:55 AM. Reason: lol, temporary

 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:46 AM   #40
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Forgotten Child's Avatar
 
Location: SP, Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 2,348
Default

He probably meant something else by "none".

 
Forgotten Child is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:52 AM   #41
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Forgotten Child's Avatar
 
Location: SP, Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 2,348
Default

By the way, here's the album notes you can find on the booklet:

IMG_20180510_081930
IMG_20180510_082345

I must be a Maynard apologist.

 
Forgotten Child is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:14 AM   #42
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 2,672
Default

More than 50% wrong:
All lyrics written by Maynard James Keenan; all music composed by Billy Howerdel.

Are you having any hobbies...?

 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:45 AM   #43
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Forgotten Child's Avatar
 
Location: SP, Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 2,348
Default

I thought we were talking about James.

I used to monitor Wiki pages and tickets selling numbers as a hobby.

 
Forgotten Child is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:50 AM   #44
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 2,672
Red face

Can't wait for your statistic of Jeff Schroeder being involved on Smashing Pumpkins records.

 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 06:55 AM   #45
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 2,672
Exclamation

And a statistic of every other bass player beside D'arcy, having been involved on Smashing Pumpkins records. To prove they were better than her.

 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 07:19 AM   #46
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Forgotten Child's Avatar
 
Location: SP, Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 2,348
Default

nobody is better than her, she's classically trained.

 
Forgotten Child is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:56 AM   #47
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 2,672
Default

...says the classical trained investigator.

 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:59 AM   #48
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Forgotten Child's Avatar
 
Location: SP, Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 2,348
Default

To the classic trained fanboy

 
Forgotten Child is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:39 AM   #49
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 2,672
Default

:...becomes a forgotten child.


Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 05-10-2018 at 11:00 AM.

 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:54 AM   #50
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Shadaloo's Avatar
 
Location: up on the cross you go little fella
Posts: 1,298
Default

James isn't credited for anything in the album's liner notes.

 
Shadaloo is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:45 AM   #51
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 2,672
Default

...and Matt McJunkins on bass on just two tracks.

Will Jack Bates ever play on a Smashing Pumpkins studio recording?
Or like most of the SP bass players NOT.

 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:03 AM   #52
amoergosum
Minion of Satan
 
amoergosum's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,300
Default


 
amoergosum is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:30 AM   #53
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Posts: 1,829
Default

Forgetten Child, read the press release announcing James sitting out this tour:

As you most likely have heard, James Iha’s original band, the Smashing Pumpkins, have announced a summer tour that James will be taking part in.

“Because James will be busy gearing up for that tour, he won’t be able to join us for our upcoming tour dates.

“James’ temporary replacement will be none other than our longtime friend and one of our favourite guitar players, Greg Edwards (Failure/Autolux). We want to reiterate that this is a temporary situation and James remains a part of A Perfect Circle.”

Furthermore, it seems James's role in the band has always been one of a part-time collaborator more than a full studio band member. The "core" of the band has always been Billy Howerdel and Maynard. Iha only contributed to one track on the album before this one, and was still a part of the band when they picked up six years later.

 
themadcaplaughs is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:44 PM   #54
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Forgotten Child's Avatar
 
Location: SP, Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 2,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
Forgetten Child, read the press release announcing James sitting out this tour:

As you most likely have heard, James Iha’s original band, the Smashing Pumpkins, have announced a summer tour that James will be taking part in.

“Because James will be busy gearing up for that tour, he won’t be able to join us for our upcoming tour dates.

“James’ temporary replacement will be none other than our longtime friend and one of our favourite guitar players, Greg Edwards (Failure/Autolux). We want to reiterate that this is a temporary situation and James remains a part of A Perfect Circle.”

Furthermore, it seems James's role in the band has always been one of a part-time collaborator more than a full studio band member. The "core" of the band has always been Billy Howerdel and Maynard. Iha only contributed to one track on the album before this one, and was still a part of the band when they picked up six years later.
I didn't say he won't come back to the band anymore. My point is that he didn't record the new album and that his collaborations didn't make the album either. In this context it's unlikely that he will come back to that specific tour with no rehearsal, specially cause the pumpkins will be touring at least until September, according to the current tour dates - they will probably add more dates.

It's hard to tell what's James job in a band he joined in 2003, and the only album they released between that and now was eMotive, which has a mix of old songs (before James was around), new songs and covers. James is credited on that album tho.

 
Forgotten Child is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:42 AM   #55
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 2,672
Default

"James was replaced, he didn't even..."

Ja, ja...


 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 01:34 AM   #56
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Forgotten Child's Avatar
 
Location: SP, Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 2,348
Default

— (...) if James will join A Perfect Circle again in October for their tour (...)

— James was replaced, he didn't even recorded the new APC album, and anything they worked together wasn't used.

Context: new album and new tour.

No wonder you can't see there's something odd with Darcy text messages.

 
Forgotten Child is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 02:25 AM   #57
jakobtheliar
Pledge
 
jakobtheliar's Avatar
 
Location: las vegas
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
I didn't say he won't come back to the band anymore. My point is that he didn't record the new album and that his collaborations didn't make the album either. In this context it's unlikely that he will come back to that specific tour with no rehearsal, specially cause the pumpkins will be touring at least until September, according to the current tour dates - they will probably add more dates.

It's hard to tell what's James job in a band he joined in 2003, and the only album they released between that and now was eMotive, which has a mix of old songs (before James was around), new songs and covers. James is credited on that album tho.
Are you Billy Corgan?

 
jakobtheliar is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 02:32 AM   #58
Corgan's Bluff
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Corgan's Bluff's Avatar
 
Location: D'arcy's stable boy
Posts: 2,672
Talking

He's the forgotten child of the Corgan relatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
— (...) if James will join A Perfect Circle again in October for their tour (...)

— James was replaced, he didn't even recorded the new APC album, and anything they worked together wasn't used.

Context: new album and new tour.

No wonder you can't see there's something odd with Darcy text messages.
James was just replaced for the spring tour dates. They said, he was still part of the band.
Him not being involved on the recording doesn't mean that he is not part of the touring band, like Matt McJunkins.
I myself questioned how he could manage the later tour dates of AFC, if there would be a conflict with other dates with the Pumpkins coming.

There's something odd with your English, "Darcy text messages":
Are you referring to the content of her text messages or her having published the text messages of her with Corgan?

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 05-11-2018 at 02:39 AM.

 
Corgan's Bluff is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 02:36 AM   #59
amoergosum
Minion of Satan
 
amoergosum's Avatar
 
Posts: 5,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobtheliar View Post
Are you Billy Corgan?



 
amoergosum is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:46 AM   #60
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Forgotten Child's Avatar
 
Location: SP, Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 2,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
He's the forgotten child of the Corgan relatives.



James was just replaced for the spring tour dates. They said, he was still part of the band.
Him not being involved on the recording doesn't mean that he is not part of the touring band, like Matt McJunkins.
I myself questioned how he could manage the later tour dates of AFC, if there would be a conflict with other dates with the Pumpkins coming.

There's something odd with your English, "Darcy text messages":
Are you referring to the content of her text messages or her having published the text messages of her with Corgan?
That's why you tried to use a picture as an evidence of him being involved with the new album lol. Let me break it down for you into 10 topics:

1) James was replaced for the new tour
2) James contributions didn't make the album
3) James didn't record the new album
4) James is touring with the Pumpkins until September 9, according to current tour dates only
6) The Pumpkins intend to bring the tour to Europe/World
7) APC new tour starts tomorrow - it's unlike James will be there, but if there are any chances of him playing with them it will happen between now and July 12 (first Pumpkin date).
8) You didn't notice I skipped number 5 cause you were trying to find something wrong to comment about
9) You went back to check if I was only messing with you
10) you feel like a fool for that

 
Forgotten Child is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Would you rather go to breakfast with Jack bates or get punched in the stomach by Sco stripes Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion 15 03-04-2018 09:35 PM
D'arcy - INTERVIEW OUTTAKES (new part, makes 4 in total, see first post) WeilandFan Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion 199 03-03-2018 01:43 PM
Anyone Who Cares About This Band Understands This silverfrick Pumpkins Archive 42 09-10-2013 12:22 PM
Renee getting capped on 24: Why hasn't Nimrod said something sickbadthing General Chat Archive 17 05-27-2010 01:11 AM
prince MrPantyFAce Music Board Archive 27 06-03-2008 08:24 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:43 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2014