Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 01-26-2007, 11:58 PM   #781
Andy /

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonmonster
'It's a Dream' by Neil Young. yeah i'm sort of stuck on the guy.What will be playing when you go off to push up some daisies?

I haven't decided. Comfortably Numb, probably. Pearl Jam's Man Of the Hour would be good, if not cliche. But it's somewhat promising and hopeful as opposed to the other. I have a list somewhere of songs I'd consider. I should find that.

How many times do you think you said "Hi" or "Hello" today?

Old 01-26-2007, 11:59 PM   #782
Andy /

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapan
i know this wasnt my question, but i really want radiohead's motion picture soundtrack to be played at my funeral. i just love that song and it just seems like the perfect song for that situation.
I will listen to that one again.

When was the last time someone sat on your lap?

Old 01-27-2007, 12:27 AM   #783
Sepiae
is a modern day sex camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySlash
Did the noodles or the sauce clue her in?

What is one personality trait that you share with your brother?
I make my own sauce, fool.

That's a good question! We're both very open -- we wear our hearts on our sleeves. If our sister is going through something, she does her best to hide it. My mother and father are forever asking me questions because they don't know what's going on with her a lot. But my brother and I share a lot more.

We have the same tough guy face, too, when we're upset and we're trying not to show it.

I miss him.

Old 01-27-2007, 12:32 AM   #784
Shapan
Socialphobic

Quote:
How often do you use mapquest or other online map/direction services?
i actually use it a lot, even though i have a gps system i could use but ive never connected to my car. mapquest is pretty reliable.

as for the lap question, crap, i cant really remember. probably a couple of months ago with my friend who always liked sitting on my lap or lying down on me or some stuff like that because we were just comfortable around each other. one of my friends i miss the most from my old college. i cant even remember girlfriends sitting on my lap really..

you asked me this earlier but i need to ask you it back because i need to ask something. what moment do you think up to this point in your life defines you?

Old 01-27-2007, 12:56 AM   #785
Lucy Sky Diamonds
Braindead

Location: No Canada like French Canada, it's the best Canada in ze land.

I'm impressed that you've still got this post going strong, Andy.

Old 01-27-2007, 12:57 AM   #786
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

Quote:
WHAT'S IT TO YOU?!

My second grade teacher once told my mom at conferences that I was *too* curious.

Have you ever unintentionally ran over any highway cones or barrels?

no way bro, never

Old 01-27-2007, 01:19 AM   #787
jenniferkate
bitch please.

Quote:
What, if anything, stands in your way from being the person you want to be?
fear of failure and a refusal to believe for more than a few manic minutes at a time that i have things to offer people/the world.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:20 AM   #788
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

Quote:
Not surprising.

What is the cutest thing Pixel has ever done?
She once fell asleep inside my skiboot, upside down, with her tail hanging out of the top and her head inside the sole.

It was so great.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:25 AM   #789
jenniferkate
bitch please.

Quote:
What are you most excited about in this upcoming weekend?
i was really excited earlier to see some old coworkers tonight, i'm so happy i got to spend time with them. i'm looking forward to hanging out with some other people tomorrow night, one guy in particular. not that i want to do him or anything, he's just completely insane and there's a lot of potential for refreshingly crazy conversation.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:26 AM   #790
jenniferkate
bitch please.

Quote:
So is your place of living usually a mess?
yeah, it's pretty messy. there are 3984556 things i'd rather do than clean.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:56 AM   #791
Fathoms (unadored)
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I don't know what Atmosphere games you are talking about. I'll have to look it up.
Yeah, guess it's pretty obscure by now. I just remember being tripped out by the whole concept of an interactive VHS board game. Pretty revolutionary at the time if you ask me.

Quote:
How often do you go to the theater to watch a movie?

Once or twice a year lately. And it's usually 50-80% of that is built upon the strength of Christmas gift cupons. I'm never smart enough to pack my own food, so when I pay 12 bucks for a 1.50 of popcorn and 1.10 of pop I always feel supremely ripped off.

Old 01-27-2007, 02:44 AM   #792
murgle
Shaz doesn't fuck around.

Quote:

What is your favorite Will Ferrell skit?

hmm. I liked the cowbell one with Christopher Walken.

I liked Will Ferrel on SNL, but I wasn't a gigantic fan or anything.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:15 AM   #793
Mariner
OB-GYN Kenobi

Quote:

Have you ever won anything on a call-in radio contest?

Yeah! When I was pretty young I won some call in contest on some christian radio station's kid show (hi Aeroplane). I got some book oriented toward young-adults that was supposed to teach some christianly lesson. I remember the DJ actually picking up and talking to me, and me not believing I'd actually won. Somehow even at age 7 or whatever I knew enough about these things to be surprised that I was lucky enough to be the __-th caller.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:25 AM   #794
Fathoms (unadored)
Apocalyptic Poster

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner
Yeah! When I was pretty young I won some call in contest on some christian radio station's kid show (hi Aeroplane). I got some book oriented toward young-adults that was supposed to teach some christianly lesson. I remember the DJ actually picking up and talking to me, and me not believing I'd actually won. Somehow even at age 7 or whatever I knew enough about these things to be surprised that I was lucky enough to be the __-th caller.

I won Rotton Apples and Earphoria through the radio. I was all leet about the Earphoria one. You were supposed to name three SP songs, and I went out of my way to name three non-singles. The dj gave it to me becuase I sounded like I knew what I was talking about, because he didn't know the songs.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:29 AM   #795
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

won a free night's stay for my family at the ramada inn when i was 6. we got the jacuzzi suite overlooking the beltway. my baby sister shit in the jacuzzi and i also won a travis tritt cd.

Old 01-27-2007, 04:00 AM   #796
Voice Implodes
Minion of Satan

Quote:
word.

What goals do you have for this year?
well, that is a very good question with a couple specific answers.

the first one is financial stability, which is actually about to happen. might have a new job lined up, but either wya i am moving to a place that will cost much less in rent, giving me a lot mroe disposazble income.

the second... is start my new band AND TAKE OVER THE WORLD. well, maybe not the second part, but i want to get my new band together. it has been a couple years since my last projec,t got sidelined by life you know? it sucks though becasue although i sound arrogant saying this, all the people i have jammed with recently have not been on the same level as me ability wise. which sucks. but i am looking for the missing pieces. all i need to do is get the band together and i have a couple ins with some very popular bands on the scene. it has been cool too, i have been to a couple clubs and had random people come up to me saying they have heard i have been playing again and am trying to start a new band and are excited ot hear it. which is cool, apparently i still have some rep in the local scene.

Old 01-27-2007, 05:59 AM   #797
patrick
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Holy shit. Good for you. I'd off Randy first because he deserves it least and the others could suffer in their fear.

Have you ever utilized a tax service lik H&R Block?
no however i'm making enough money last/this year where i intend on doing something like that this tax year.

i did however set up a roth ira about nine months ago and i feel like an old man because of it

Old 01-27-2007, 07:04 AM   #798
Mo
Immortal

Quote:
Geez. How did you not cry at the first?
Well, I did.

Quote:
What is the biggest concern in your life right now?
Right now my biggest concern is that I'm totally hung-over and can't even eat breakfast, because I spent my very last money last night. I don't even have cigarettes.
But hey, it's the 27th already, so I guess it could've been worse.

Old 01-27-2007, 09:38 AM   #799
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferkate
yeah, it's pretty messy. there are 3984556 things i'd rather do than clean.
name them.

also, first time i clicked this thread!

Old 01-27-2007, 01:05 PM   #800
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

Again.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:05 PM   #801
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

yeah hit me again

Old 01-27-2007, 01:47 PM   #802
BlueStar
Newly independent

Red face

Quote:
How many pairs of pants do you own?
31 pairs (I didn't realize I had that many)

Old 01-27-2007, 04:28 PM   #803
Trixter
Demi-God

Hi ask me a question!!

Old 01-27-2007, 04:57 PM   #804
jenniferkate
bitch please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj
name them.
sex, eating, baseball, reading, repeat til you get to 3984556.

Old 01-27-2007, 08:13 PM   #805
Lucy Sky Diamonds
Braindead

Location: No Canada like French Canada, it's the best Canada in ze land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStar
31 pairs (I didn't realize I had that many)
Do you still regularly wear all of them? I have a lot of clothes but nothing close to 31 pairs of pants. I seem to be unable to get rid of stuff, but there's a ton of clothes I should just give to the Salvation Army from the fatter days. Keeping them in my closet is like an invitation to put 30 pounds back on.

Old 01-27-2007, 08:38 PM   #806
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

Quote:
shit dude

What i the worst date you've ever been on?
i think i posted about this before, but i went out with some chick whose mom dropped her off because she didn't have a car (she was 23 i think at the time) and i was to drive her home, and she wasn't really that great looking but we were having a fun conversation and then all of a sudden she asks if we can go to another bar in a different neighborhood (we were at the aussie pub which i know you are familiar with). so seeing as how i hadn't had much to drink by that point, i drove us to this other bar which was a complete dive but not in a good way. i mean, it was in a mini mall. no decent bar is in a mini mall next to a tire place and a pet store. anyways, the result of the night is she met two marines who she chose to go home with after getting completely shitfaced, and told me not to worry that she'll be fine. i didn't give a fuck by that point and the only reason i was still there is because i was her ride home. so i left and went home and i'm in bed at 4am and my phone is ringing off the hook so i wake up and answer it and it's her mom, wanting to know "what the hell i had done with her daughter." i told her she left with someone else and she didn't believe me (i'd never met her mom and i guess her daughter left my cell phone number) and said if her daughter didn't come home in 1/2 hr she was calling the police and that she had my name. she called me an hour later and said that the police were on their way. 10 mins later she called back to say her daughter showed up and that the police were notified but i was "very lucky" that nothing happened to her daughter.

the next day i got a long email from the girl about how wonderful of a time she had and how great of a guy i was and could we go out again. i ripped her such a huge ass in response.

i'm not sure if that's the worst really, but off the top of my head there you go. i have a lot of bad date stories

Old 01-27-2007, 10:34 PM   #807
BlueStar
Newly independent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Sky Diamonds
Do you still regularly wear all of them? I have a lot of clothes but nothing close to 31 pairs of pants. I seem to be unable to get rid of stuff, but there's a ton of clothes I should just give to the Salvation Army from the fatter days. Keeping them in my closet is like an invitation to put 30 pounds back on.
I do, but, of course, they are not all year-round pants - some are summery and some are wintery, so I can't wear all 31 in any given month or anything. I am very good about regularly going through my closet and giving clothes that I haven't worn in the past year to Salvation Army/Goodwill/Catholic Charities or selling them on eBay or to Plato's Closet.

Old 01-27-2007, 10:50 PM   #808
Andy /

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepiae
I miss him.

What is the worst power ballad of all time?

Old 01-27-2007, 11:08 PM   #809
Andy /

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapan
you asked me this earlier but i need to ask you it back because i need to ask something. what moment do you think up to this point in your life defines you?

Oh man.

Um...

Probably during the year I worked at the high school in my college town. I didn't have my degree yet because I needed to finish one thing- my "honors" project. But I was able to get a job at the school as the study hall monitor, and I had hoped that that might be an in. Lo and behold it was, as there was an opening for a math teacher during the middle of the year. HOWEVER, I hadn't finished that damn project yet. Why? Because I was lazy and put it off. That's all. I could have still had the job if no one else applied for it, which is what they thought was going to happen as it was only for one period a day (I would have taught that period, then kept working as the study hall monitor). Unfortunatley, somebody with a license did, so they had to give it to them.

All because I couldn't focus on finishing that project. Just because I couldn't get it done. I had two years from my junior year to do it, and I just couldn't do it. For that job, I had everything in my court- the principal supported me, the teachers supported me... and I blew it because I could not finish one fucking paper.

I've been told several times that I have a lot of potential. And I believe it. But I have a hard time getting things done in a timely manner, and it has affected my life in many ways, and this is the prime example right here. I would guess my life, 4 years on, would be vastly different if I had been able to take that job when it was offered, and without condition. As it was, I finished the year the same as I entered it, finished the project around the same time, and nothing came of it. I moved back to the Cities, worked at Target for awhile to have income, then accepted the job I have now, which has absolutely nothing to do with education.

All because I couldn't finish a fucking paper. And things haven't much changed. I'm at my office right now working on some things that could have been done much sooner if I hadn't put them off. I haven't learned.

So, there you go.

So what do you want to ask me?

Old 01-27-2007, 11:10 PM   #810
Andy /

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Sky Diamonds
I'm impressed that you've still got this post going strong, Andy.

The end is nigh.