Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 04:34 PM   #601
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

But what about Suicide Squad 2?!

- no one ever

Old 03-15-2019, 05:06 PM   #602
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Even though I haven't seen the movies, I didn't really agree with firing him in the first place.

It was right-wing Trumptrainee Twitter trolls like Mike Cernovich that dug up the tweets in the first place. And these guys don't so much drudge this stuff up because they have a problem with it, but rather because they dislike right-wingers like Trump being taken to task for being LITERAL SEX OFFENDERS, so in an infantile fashion, they find examples of left-wingers making paedophilia jokes (not even seriously endorsing paedophilia, but simply making off-colour and crude jokes about the topic) so that they can go, "SEE, THE LEFT DOES IT TOO! WHY DON'T THEY GET PUNISHED," and the left falls for it every time.

They also tried to do it with Sam Seder, and got him fired from MSNBC for making jokes about Roman Polanski's crimes, even though the purpose of the joke was to ridicule Roman Polanski and make the point that Polanski being a good filmmaker doesn't erase the fact that he's a child abuser.

MSNBC, being dumb, fired him anyway, and only hired him back when they realized that they would get no political points for firing him, because everybody realized how dumb firing him was.

Old 03-15-2019, 05:14 PM   #603
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Also, because I'm not a pearl-clutcher who thinks certain topics a should arbitrarily be off-limits from being addressed by comedy, I don't think that making blue jokes about sensitive topics is inherently morally wrong, much less morally equivalent to doing the kind of shit Roy Moore or Donald Trump have done. I appreciate that the left wants to hold its own to task to avoid being hypocrites, and we shouldn't protect people just because they are on "our side," but sometimes in pursuing respectability politics and purity politics, people on the left fall on their swords calling out people for the stupidest shit, even though the right NEVER does this.

Old 03-15-2019, 05:17 PM   #604
Disco King
Minion of Satan

But I am kinda legit disappointed about his take on Suicide Squad potentially not happening now, because it was supposed to be a clean break from the Ayer film rather than an actual sequel, and rumour had it that it was going to be more in line with the Ostrander comics material. I was actually cautiously optimistic about it.

Hopefully the Disney contract isn't exclusive, and he can do both. Or they get another person to do a Suicide Squad film that isn't Ayer's "Hot Topic Harley & Friends" movie.

Old 03-15-2019, 05:23 PM   #605
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Lightbulb

Don't worry, he's still doing the Suicide Squeakquel first

Old 03-15-2019, 05:51 PM   #606
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Ah, cool.

Still annoyed about the Birds of Prey movie, though. I guess that's going to be the next "Harley & Pals" movie because they are sticking the character into that, even though she's not even a member of the Birds of Prey.

Casuals ruined Harley Quinn forever.

NORMIES GET OUT

Old 03-15-2019, 10:18 PM   #607
buzzard
Minion of Satan

As a long-term fan of graphic novels, how necessary do you find all the movies?

I understand that a poor adaptation of a favorite work doesn't detract from the source material in any real sense, but am curious to know if you'd just as happily do without them altogether or whether having them brought to life in film is (at least potentially) some sort of bonus.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:21 PM   #608
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Given how that ended up coming off as borderline self-answering, I guess I would offer that I'd probably rather James Franco did not try to render every second book I've read in celluloid.

Old 03-16-2019, 04:36 PM   #609
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

I had to put my dog down today. Literally feel like a huge chunk of my being is lost forever.

Old 03-16-2019, 04:37 PM   #610
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Aside from my girlfriend, who was with me at the time, you guys are the first to know.

Take that to mean what you will.

Old 03-16-2019, 05:33 PM   #611
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
I had to put my dog down today. Literally feel like a huge chunk of my being is lost forever.
:[

no post/av

Old 03-16-2019, 05:45 PM   #612
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

P much

Old 03-16-2019, 05:47 PM   #613
redbreegull

So sorry F'lobes

Was it sudden?

Old 03-16-2019, 05:56 PM   #614
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
So sorry F'lobes

Was it sudden?
Yeah. I mean, he's been slowly showing his age more and more. Had arthritis in his hips, slept a lot but still ate and wagged and generally seemed happy. Went to bed like normal last night. My girlfriend left the apartment an hour before I got up, said he looked ok when she left. I woke up and heard him groaning a lot and found he had shit and pissed all over his bed and couldn't get himself up. I tried taking him outside but he just kept slumping over. Rushed to the vet, who said it could be a tumor but the only way to know was a biopsy. I already knew what I had to do and did it. And goddammit was it fucking hard.

Old 03-16-2019, 05:57 PM   #615
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Also, thank you

Old 03-16-2019, 05:58 PM   #616
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Three months shy of his 17th birthday. I got him when I was 18. I am now 34.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:07 PM   #617
redbreegull

wow, what a good doggo

I'm glad you got to spend so many years with him. You made the right choice, as hard as it is.

My mom's fiancé's dog went the same way just a few months ago. he was older but seemingly healthy, then one day a tumor just caused him to not be able to stand

Old 03-16-2019, 06:07 PM   #618
FoolofaTook

Unhappy

Old 03-16-2019, 06:16 PM   #619
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
wow, what a good doggo

I'm glad you got to spend so many years with him. You made the right choice, as hard as it is.

My mom's fiancé's dog went the same way just a few months ago. he was older but seemingly healthy, then one day a tumor just caused him to not be able to stand
He really was a good boy. The best. Saw me through many hard times.

As crappy as the last few hours of his life were, I am at least glad he didn't have to suffer too long. He went out with his head and neck cradled in my arm, snoring and groaning pleasurably (from the anesthestic). I think all things considered, he was very lucky to go the way he did.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:17 PM   #620
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Thanks friend.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:19 PM   #621
FoolofaTook

17 is pretty old for a noble hound, is it not?

Old 03-16-2019, 06:23 PM   #622
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
17 is pretty old for a noble hound, is it not?
Definitely up there. He was a Lhasa Apso, and smaller dogs usually live longer. He was about 93 in human years according to the age chart at the vet. I am grateful for how much time I got with him.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:34 PM   #623
FoolofaTook

it's good that lived to a ripe, old age. though it's still hella

Old 03-16-2019, 06:34 PM   #624
FoolofaTook

i looked up some pics of that breed. did he have long hair?

Old 03-16-2019, 06:43 PM   #625
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
i looked up some pics of that breed. did he have long hair?
He could get pretty long, but I usually kept him pretty trim. Otherwise, he would mat up. And he didn't much cotton to being brushed.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:44 PM   #626
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

He was also kinda atypical of his breed. 30 lbs at his heaviest, and about twice as long/tall as the standard Lhasa. He was mostly black with white around his legs and belly. I'll post pics at some point in the near future.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:45 PM   #627
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

He could be both incredibly stubborn and relentlessly affectionate when he wanted to.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:22 PM   #628
FoolofaTook

Sounds like a character.
It would be nice to see pics. What was his name?

Old 03-16-2019, 08:37 PM   #629
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

animals always go out so violently. one moment they're fine, then the worst happens. all of a sudden, zero warning. it's hard to imagine how badly it hurts. sorry globes.

Old 03-16-2019, 09:07 PM   #630
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Shit is amazing

Closed Thread