Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2008, 02:57 PM   #1
KrazeeStacee

Cool It's been two months

Since I quit smoking.

I went to the gyno yesterday and found out my blood pressure is now 139/79!!! (That's good btw, I was as high as 160/94 last year)

I also lost 7lbs since I was there for my annual last December.

The nurse laughed and said "Isn't it supposed to be the other way around...you gain weight when you quit smoking?"

I rock. How about you?

Old 03-11-2008, 02:59 PM   #2
Richard III
Pledge

Nice one. I quit 6 1/2 years ago.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:00 PM   #3
KrazeeStacee

Congrats. I can't wait until I can say that...how strange.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:00 PM   #4
hnibos
Braindead

2 days

na im not actually quitting

good job though

Old 03-11-2008, 03:01 PM   #5
Eulogy
huh

o/

someday i'll join you.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
KrazeeStacee

*\o

I hope so! It's not even fun to smoke now that you can't smoke in bars/restaurants anymore anyway.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:09 PM   #7
Caine Walker
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeStacee View Post
*\o

I hope so! It's not even fun to smoke now that you can't smoke in bars/restaurants anymore anyway.
but you meet so many interesting people when your standing 15 feet away from the entrance, all huddled together in the 3 degree weather!

Old 03-11-2008, 03:11 PM   #8
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caine Walker View Post
but you meet so many interesting people when your standing 15 feet away from the entrance, all huddled together in the 3 degree weather!
in my experience, i'll be out there by myself and then i'll get swarmed by drunk bitches who are all "LOL I ONLY SMOKE WHEN I DRINK LOL CAN I HAVE A CIGARETTE?"

they're not all that interesting.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:09 PM   #9
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
*\o

i've never been able to smoke indoors here. and the weather is as shitty as it is anywhere else in the country. originally i thought it would help me stop, but instead i ended up standing outside in subzero temperatures and driving snow. whoops. and now it's getting warmer out...and then i go home for summer and other people actually smoke.

i don't know. i haven't decided that i actually want to quit, so i don't see it happening. maybe if i start working out regularly again it can provide some motivation. i'm scared to see how well i can run now.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:22 PM   #10
KrazeeStacee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
i've never been able to smoke indoors here. and the weather is as shitty as it is anywhere else in the country. originally i thought it would help me stop, but instead i ended up standing outside in subzero temperatures and driving snow. whoops. and now it's getting warmer out...and then i go home for summer and other people actually smoke.

i don't know. i haven't decided that i actually want to quit, so i don't see it happening. maybe if i start working out regularly again it can provide some motivation. i'm scared to see how well i can run now.
Yeah that's the problem, you can't quit if you don't REALLY REALLY want to...because it's just so fucking hard that when you try and you aren't really dedicated, you'll find reasons to start back up again.

I think two things forced me over the edge from "Yeeaaaahhh...I'd LIKE to quit...sometime..." to "I don't want to smoke these fucking things anymore ahh!!":

My blood pressure that I mentioned earlier (160/94) and the fact that you can't smoke indoors anymore...and it's winter.

You just have to find your own reasons and you'll know when you're ready. You can't let anyone force you into it, it's just gotta happen. Good luck to you whenever you do decide to do it...it's tough but it's not impossible. I also highly recommend that Chantix stuff.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:02 PM   #11
Richard III
Pledge

Gets easier after 2 weeks. 4 weeks and you've done it.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:07 PM   #12
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neopryn View Post
you want a fucking medal?

Old 03-11-2008, 03:09 PM   #13
KrazeeStacee

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
Yeah I fuckin' do, you asshole.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:33 PM   #14
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?

Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by neopryn
you want a fucking medal?
Quote:
Yeah I fuckin' do, you asshole.
Quote:
I used this prescription pill called Chantix.
DISQUALIFIED

Old 03-11-2008, 03:07 PM   #15
stephanie says
Demi-God

How did you quit?

Old 03-11-2008, 03:14 PM   #16
KrazeeStacee

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie says View Post
How did you quit?

It's honestly amazing, I recommend it to anyone who's serious about quitting. It blocks the nicotine from attaching to your receptors in your brain...but you can smoke while you take it for the first week or so. You start to notice that cigarettes aren't doing anything for you..and for me, it was really only a little frustrating for 2 days. Then I was ready to quit and I was able to do so without any of the insanity.

You're supposed to take it for 12 weeks but I got mine through a friend so I only had enough for about a month. After a few weeks I was tired of having to remember to take the pills and I felt like I was alright to get off them, so I did and I've been fine. I believe the only reason they tell you to stay on them for so long is because they really do make cigarettes taste horrible because they aren't giving you any of the positive feelings you feel when you smoke...so in case you slip up and have one here or there, it ends up being nasty and you don't start smoking again.

I think the FDA just approved that it can be taken for an addition 12 weeks, if necessary.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:24 AM   #17
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:

It's honestly amazing, I recommend it to anyone who's serious about quitting. It blocks the nicotine from attaching to your receptors in your brain...but you can smoke while you take it for the first week or so. You start to notice that cigarettes aren't doing anything for you..and for me, it was really only a little frustrating for 2 days. Then I was ready to quit and I was able to do so without any of the insanity.

You're supposed to take it for 12 weeks but I got mine through a friend so I only had enough for about a month. After a few weeks I was tired of having to remember to take the pills and I felt like I was alright to get off them, so I did and I've been fine. I believe the only reason they tell you to stay on them for so long is because they really do make cigarettes taste horrible because they aren't giving you any of the positive feelings you feel when you smoke...so in case you slip up and have one here or there, it ends up being nasty and you don't start smoking again.

I think the FDA just approved that it can be taken for an addition 12 weeks, if necessary.
Whoa! That stuff makes you hallucinate some crazy things.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:18 AM   #18
KrazeeStacee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
Whoa! That stuff makes you hallucinate some crazy things.
Hell yeah it does! Well, crazy dreams anyhow. I didn't mind that part though. Plus it only lasted for 2 weeks and once I was ready to get off it, the only thing I noticed was that I'd get sick if I didn't eat enough before taking them. That's what really pissed me off because I don't eat a lot at lunch and I'd end up sick every day. Plus I'm just bad at remembering.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:08 PM   #19
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

i haven't smoked in 21 years.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:09 PM   #20
hnibos
Braindead

just out of curiousity, what kind of cigarettes did you smoke?

Old 03-11-2008, 03:17 PM   #21
KrazeeStacee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnibos View Post
just out of curiousity, what kind of cigarettes did you smoke?
For a long, long time I smoked Marlboro reds. For the last year or so I've been smoking Camel lights.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:18 PM   #22
hnibos
Braindead

Thumbs up

Quote:
Camel lights.
only cigarette worth smoking

Old 03-11-2008, 03:15 PM   #23
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

congrats. last night on conan anthony giamatti or whatever his name is said he started smoking again after having quit for 8 years.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #24
Richard III
Pledge

I used to smoke Camel full strength. The smell used to piss people off when I was driving.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:21 PM   #25
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i smoke camel lights, too. i started off smoking turkish silvers and i sometimes get a hankering for them.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:23 PM   #26
Caine Walker
Braindead

i could never get into the turkish variety. camel light all the way. i'll smoke a parliament every now and then, and sometimes when i'm feeling nutty i'll get a pack of marlboro milds.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:25 PM   #27
maoi
Apocalyptic Poster

i smoke like once a month

Old 03-11-2008, 03:25 PM   #28
spring
die 'til it doesn't hurt

Thumbs up

good job

Old 03-11-2008, 03:25 PM   #29
Eulogy
huh

i really think if i make a concerted effort to get back into the shape i was in a couple years ago, i'll pretty much have to stop. but that means it comes down to whether or not i can motivate myself to do that over the coming months. i'm thinking there's a chance though. i always feel kind of gross and i really miss the way i felt after an exhausting workout.

Old 03-11-2008, 03:27 PM   #30
KrazeeStacee

Yeah plus exercise gives you an endorphin rush so that could possibly be something that helps you get over any cravings you have.