Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 07-08-2014, 10:25 PM   #121
Eulogy
huh

My job is mentally exhausting. I think that's because of my anxiety.

I hope that fades, and it probably will. I surprisingly enough seem to suffer from an unnecessary lack of confidence.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:36 PM   #122
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
My job is mentally exhausting. I think that's because of my anxiety.

I hope that fades, and it probably will. I surprisingly enough seem to suffer from an unnecessary lack of confidence.

My job is like that for me. The only thing that got my anxiety in check is prescription drugs.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:46 PM   #123
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

i can talk to people good

that is the most surprising thing i've learned about myself in the last 3 years

Old 07-08-2014, 11:08 PM   #124
Elphenor
Braindead

I have all my discount cards connected to my phone number. So it's super easy, I just punch the number in.

Except for CVS who doesn't have that and their card is super small for no reason and just fuck them.

I don't like how weird cashiers get when you're like "Nah I didn't bring my card today".

Old 07-08-2014, 11:19 PM   #125
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

Last year I decided I would not give a flying fuck about my job, and in the end I got promoted. I have nothing to bitch about it

Old 07-08-2014, 11:36 PM   #126
Trotskilicious
Banned

i always give a fuck and i get fired

Old 07-09-2014, 02:49 AM   #127
noyen
Immortal

i quit my self-work, am selling everything I own and just leaving. I still don't believe exploding medical game tester boy.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:03 AM   #128
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Well fuck you then. I was gonna go on the page and link the FAQ but all they talk about is compensation which is non-specific. However i found two threads here

http://forums.us.ncix.com/forums/topic.php?id=2007710 (the pertinent quote goes :
"You get like 50$ or 2 games, well back in the day at Ubi Montreal. I would always take the money, my way of saying your games suck now lol."

and here

http://forums.us.ncix.com/forums/topic.php?id=2007710 (the quote here goes: "They said as compensation its either $30 (I'm just finishing college so $30/hr is insane for me) or a game of my choice from a "list" so I'm assuming its going to be crazy old games"

These people did a small one of a few hours though. I've done one or two likw that, its usually about that much, 30$. My first one was Shaun white Snowboarding in like 2007 for like 4 hours and it was about that much. For the time its not really worth the money but when you have nothing better to do...

What possible reason would i have had to lie about this?

Old 07-09-2014, 03:06 AM   #129
noyen
Immortal

I just like your wall of text posts especially on the defensive. I don't really give a shit it just still seems unlikely based on my limited knowledge. anyway that YouTube video I posted a link to still makes me want to impale myself on chopsticks. I still don't believe you. just kidding. wall of text.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:10 AM   #130
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

its hardly a wall of text. Omg there's like 10 sentences. Wall of text. I dont know why people have to be such pussies about reading.

and when accused of lying, i like to defend myself. Crazy i know.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:16 AM   #131
noyen
Immortal

Well you did embellish. Dont act like you didn't. A couple free games or 30 bucks is different than hey brah come in and we'll give you 200+ dollars to play this sweet game! yes you with the golden ticket. it ain't like that so I don't believe you based on that. I have a hard time believing it for other reasons too. I've worked in it too long to think that ever happens and if it does well you're an albino unicorn. also, gamers are inherently braggers so let's go on peoples court or judge Joe Brown and get to the truth.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:24 AM   #132
Mo
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
I entered my office at 7am today and was greeted by angry shouts and curses. ALL 4500+ Active Directory users in my two domains were automatically disabled overnight. No-one knows why, no-one knows what to do.
Right now we're updating each group policy profile manually.

Someone fucking kill me already...
Add to that a boss who hates my guts but needs me, and colleagues who are close to tears (there's mayhem downstairs at our helpdesk), and I just wanna get drunk. Like, right now.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:27 AM   #133
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

of course that conversation didn't happen this way. Or rather this email. But i DO receive emails maybe every three weeks and as of late all of them are about 3 to 4 days playtests which IS 200 or so at four days. Once you get the mail you click if your available or not. Then they call you, then they ask you question about your gaming habits, depending on games you played and what not you may or may not get in. It not like i'm a VIP, no, they just contact everyone in their list.

but it CAN pay upward to 200 bucks and the one i wanted to take was 3 days so more like 160 i guess.

At this point you believe what you will but this is all factual.

I have shitloads of flaws, lying isn't one of them. Otherwise i'd know not to tell everyone what i really think and then i wouldn't be such a dick. Or overshare about my life or how i feel in embarassing ways.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:28 AM   #134
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

pour some whisky in your coffee!

Old 07-09-2014, 03:32 AM   #135
noyen
Immortal

Look dude I know how it works so you explaining it back to me is like preaching to Jesus. fucking Canadians.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:35 AM   #136
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Sorry, gaming industry hotshot.

Maybe in canada theyre less shitty about playtests and are actually ok with giving people money? I don't know. Like i said, EA Montreal does it too though with prepaid credit cards.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:38 AM   #137
noyen
Immortal

Cool story.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:48 AM   #138
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

You forgot the bro, bro.

Old 07-09-2014, 03:51 AM   #139
noyen
Immortal

Cone bra *vogues*

Old 07-09-2014, 04:09 AM   #140
Trotskilicious
Banned

i never brag about my gamer skills because that would be SO LAME

Old 07-16-2014, 12:23 AM   #141
Bread Regal
Banned

my wife and i went to target the other day and had and experience that reminded me of this thread.

we were there to buy triscuits. it was about a half hour till close. we got to check out and the cashier asked "Would you like this in a bag?"

Me: Nope.

Cashier scans and throws it in the bag. My wife goes to swipe the card for payment.

Cashier, very enthusiastically: You don't have a Target card yet?

Wife: Nope.

And what came after was 15 seconds of silence as we paid and waited for the receipt to print. It was intense. Her facial expression went from happy to fed up in about a half second. No words were exchanged by you could just feel her internally screaming "I'm fucking tired of this shit." The wife and I were both very tired so we didn't even make the attempt to seem nice to this lady. She didn't even say anything when she gave us our receipt. We laughed about it really hard in the parking lot.

Ah, the wonderful externalities of consumerism. The immediate area around that cash register was a nice little microcosm of america right there.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:03 AM   #142
null123
Minion of Satan

Lol. The pressure to give those out must be truly immense

Old 07-16-2014, 01:03 AM   #143
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
What's your job again killtrocity
I'm a teaching/research assistant. Get to smell E coli all day

Old 07-16-2014, 01:13 AM   #144
Elphenor
Braindead

I hate all the card shit. But if you don't have a card now, most places charge yoy a joke of a price just to punish you

Old 07-16-2014, 02:30 AM   #145
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
I'm a teaching/research assistant. Get to smell E coli all day
of course you are. what other job would a grad student have?

Old 07-16-2014, 04:09 AM   #146
noyen
Immortal

Del. Tmi.

Last edited by noyen : 07-16-2014 at 03:49 PM.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:12 AM   #147
noyen
Immortal

Www.live journal.com

Marginfuckclitcuntfucktwatasslickfistingfistulapro lapse micropenis Jonathan monte LDS crestfallen smashing pumpkins billy corgan official public relations Juliana lol

Old 07-16-2014, 04:13 AM   #148
noyen
Immortal

Ham

Old 07-16-2014, 04:13 AM   #149
noyen
Immortal

Peas

Old 07-16-2014, 04:13 AM   #150
noyen
Immortal

Creamed corn