Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2018, 07:05 PM   #6511
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
Fucking guitar player isn't coming to practice for the fucking motherfucking third time in a row fuck

like don't even agree to start a project if you're gonna say you're free and not show up fucking 3 fucking fucking times you fuck
You’re the drummer, get into another group that’s more serious

All the good drummers in my area are in multiple groups

A full 90% of ppl who describe themselves as “musicians” will prove to be bullshit (flakes, addicts, or insufferable assholes) so don’t EVER put all your drumsticks (i.e. eggs) in one stick holder (i.e. basket)

Old 03-02-2018, 07:31 PM   #6512
Elphenor
Braindead

drummers are like women on online dating

you have many options

Old 03-02-2018, 07:46 PM   #6513
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
my ipod classic also has sound output problems... when choosing a phone I went with the LG V30 because it has a hi-fi quad DAC and you can add a 2TB mini SD card to it... makes the ipod seem pretty obsolete.
The highest-capacity SD cards I could find are 128GB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
Does the sound restore if you push really hard near the bottom right corner? If not, it's just the headphone jack that needs replaced/repaired. You can get the latter fixed for less than $50 (generally about 30).

The former issue would be a hairline fracture in a solder joint on the motherboard. Nobody will want to touch that and you'd be better off buying another used Classic.

I'm currently on my 2nd IPC and I love them. Really wish they would become obsolete enough that you can buy them for peanuts though. I sold my broken one for $40 and had to pay almost $100 for the replacement.

I use it as a component for digital music that connects to my stereo via a DAC, so the fact that my phone is 64GB does not help. Plus I manage music differently on my phone. Only the latest and greatest there.
Yeah, the sound works when I press the jack down at a certain angle. Same problem with my last one. I guess it's unfixable, then.

When I bought my last one, the lowest price for a mint-condition one was $250. I don't know if I wanna shell out another $250 for another one when that might money could go toward something that won't have the same issue. I doubt the prices will ever fall unless the market puts out a suitable alternative for storage junkies. If anything, I think they will rise because of their lack of availability.

Quote:
Also @Disco King they have 256GB iphones. I have a 128GB and that fits my whole library

Totally agree on your philosophy of wanting to have everything with you though. spotify is dumb also
I think iPhones are out of my price range. And I've got a phone already.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:05 PM   #6514
slunken
Virgo

i meant the bottom right corner of the device. if its just the jack, that can be fixed. common issue.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:23 PM   #6515
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
i meant the bottom right corner of the device. if its just the jack, that can be fixed. common issue.
Oh, okay, yeah. Maybe I'll see about getting it fixed, then.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:40 PM   #6516
cork_soaker
full of longing

quick question: have you tried taking it apart?

Old 03-02-2018, 08:43 PM   #6517
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Re: flakey band mates.

Pretty much all I've ever wanted to do is play in a band, and it just never happens. Everybody who expresses interest in doing so ends up not following through on anything.

Had one friend bring up the idea of starting a band. I was enthusiastic about this, and kept on trying to set up jamming sessions. He was always "busy." I found it weird, because he was the one who suggested we play together in the first place, not me. The next time I hear from him is when I get a Facebook invite to his band's show. A band he never told me about which presumably formed after we were talking about forming one. Weird how he wasn't too busy to practice with those guys.

Another time, a friend of a friend whom I hardly knew texted me out of nowhere, wanting to form a musical project with me. Even though I didn't know him well or even know how he got my number, I was happy to hear from him. We set up a jam sesh, but I got lost, so when we met up, we just decided to get drinks instead. Run into my sister's then boyfriend, and he is also enthusiastic to play with us.

Practically never saw either of these guys again. Don't even return my texts most of the time. Once or twice, I got a text asking if I wanted to jam for the next day, but seeing as I work and go to school, such short notice doesn't work for me.

I dunno, it just seems like another episode in the running saga of people getting my hopes up, and then just kinda abandoning me and letting me down. It's why I feel like I have to do everything alone and not rely on others if I wanna get shit done, but making music has been so daunting that I never finish anything, and feel like I might need collaborators to give me that push. But I don't have any. So I guess I'll have to learn drums and become a one-man band. I won't be able to play gigs, but at least I'll have the satisfaction of actually releasing something for the first time in my life.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:44 PM   #6518
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork_soaker View Post
quick question: have you tried taking it apart?
iPod Classics are pretty hard to take apart without damaging. I'd rather a professional handle it.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:02 PM   #6519
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

just saw a dude at the airport with wife and twins in a stroller. he was smiling. and WEARING A BURZUM SHIRT!

woah.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:13 PM   #6520
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
You’re the drummer, get into another group that’s more serious

All the good drummers in my area are in multiple groups

A full 90% of ppl who describe themselves as “musicians” will prove to be bullshit (flakes, addicts, or insufferable assholes) so don’t EVER put all your drumsticks (i.e. eggs) in one stick holder (i.e. basket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
drummers are like women on online dating

you have many options
Yeah, I'm playing with another group on Sunday. Just annoying cause the bassist with this band is fucking great and I've been playing with him a few years; would like to go forward with him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Re: flakey band mates.

Pretty much all I've ever wanted to do is play in a band, and it just never happens. Everybody who expresses interest in doing so ends up not following through on anything.

Had one friend bring up the idea of starting a band. I was enthusiastic about this, and kept on trying to set up jamming sessions. He was always "busy." I found it weird, because he was the one who suggested we play together in the first place, not me. The next time I hear from him is when I get a Facebook invite to his band's show. A band he never told me about which presumably formed after we were talking about forming one. Weird how he wasn't too busy to practice with those guys.

Another time, a friend of a friend whom I hardly knew texted me out of nowhere, wanting to form a musical project with me. Even though I didn't know him well or even know how he got my number, I was happy to hear from him. We set up a jam sesh, but I got lost, so when we met up, we just decided to get drinks instead. Run into my sister's then boyfriend, and he is also enthusiastic to play with us.

Practically never saw either of these guys again. Don't even return my texts most of the time. Once or twice, I got a text asking if I wanted to jam for the next day, but seeing as I work and go to school, such short notice doesn't work for me.

I dunno, it just seems like another episode in the running saga of people getting my hopes up, and then just kinda abandoning me and letting me down. It's why I feel like I have to do everything alone and not rely on others if I wanna get shit done, but making music has been so daunting that I never finish anything, and feel like I might need collaborators to give me that push. But I don't have any. So I guess I'll have to learn drums and become a one-man band. I won't be able to play gigs, but at least I'll have the satisfaction of actually releasing something for the first time in my life.
I seriously do not get the flakiness of musicians/people in general. There is very very very little in the world I'd rather do than play my drums, especially if I get to play with other people. I am always down to play unless I have literally an exam or work; and even then I'd be really disappointed to cancel practice

I learned guitar cause it was hard to find people who also liked shoegaze/Pumpkins-y guitar (let alone who would actually show up). Made this --> https://vocaroo.com/i/s1LRIfnugSem

Nothing worse than having your hopes raised then crushed. At least that girl I was whining about a few months back never got my hopes up; it was just one sided delusions of grandeur

Old 03-02-2018, 09:15 PM   #6521
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
spotify is dumb also
I loove spotify

Old 03-02-2018, 09:15 PM   #6522
Ram27
dumb

The casing on old iPods is weird. It's like metal tabs glued into the bottom

Old 03-02-2018, 09:44 PM   #6523
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
The casing on old iPods is weird. It's like metal tabs glued into the bottom
its a pretty simple squeeze and release tab system

Old 03-02-2018, 11:11 PM   #6524
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

last year i went to buy some strings and stopped to jam on an electric for a bit.
some congesty dude came by and started playing acoustic guitar and before long we were playing together for a bit.

i was like "yeah let's play sometime". and he was like "yeah dude, i got a group of friends, we play together every week man". and i was like "yeah sounds good" and he added me to their chat group. yadda yadda yadda, a year later nothing happened, the the few times somebody in that group tried to get something happening it was dustballs flying across the virtual wasteland

Old 03-02-2018, 11:12 PM   #6525
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
its a pretty simple squeeze and release tab system
too easy

Old 03-02-2018, 11:30 PM   #6526
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
just saw a dude at the airport with wife and twins in a stroller. he was smiling. and WEARING A BURZUM SHIRT!

woah.
that's pretty awful. also, i always pity parents of twins. i have a friend with twins that are a little over a year old. she says they often have tantrums at the same time. and when they were newborns they would wake each other up crying. plus, they were premature like a lot of twins are. they're so freakin' cute though. one has darker skin and black hair and the other is very pale and redheaded. she calls them ginger n spice lol.

also also, what instrument do you play, DK? I've never seen you mention it (but that doesn't mean you haven't).

Old 03-02-2018, 11:31 PM   #6527
FoolofaTook

good taste in metal is awful?

Old 03-02-2018, 11:57 PM   #6528
ilikeplanets
Braindead

is that the band with the murderer? maybe not then. i don't know much about that kind of metal. if it's not, then cool!

Old 03-03-2018, 12:21 AM   #6529
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
metal is awful?
ye

Old 03-03-2018, 04:08 AM   #6530
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Can't sleep again, having fun over here.

Old 03-03-2018, 05:02 PM   #6531
FoolofaTook

butthurt's hitting on me again.

hoping he's gentle. also wishing he was a she.

Old 03-03-2018, 05:03 PM   #6532
FoolofaTook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
is that the band with the murderer? maybe not then. i don't know much about that kind of metal. if it's not, then cool!
"murderer"

dude had it coming.

Old 03-03-2018, 05:12 PM   #6533
ilikeplanets
Braindead

i'm amazed i actually got that right. that whole story never really piqued my curiosity, which is weird because i'm very into true crime.

Old 03-03-2018, 05:19 PM   #6534
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Let's go rob the gas station.

Old 03-03-2018, 05:21 PM   #6535
LaBelle
Socialphobic

You hold up the clerks while I. fill. her. up.

Old 03-03-2018, 05:21 PM   #6536
FoolofaTook

it wasn't a crime. it was a triumph of paganism over communism.

lol.

Old 03-03-2018, 05:24 PM   #6537
ilikeplanets
Braindead

maybe i should read about it cuz last time i checked murder was 90% inexcusable

that still leaves 10%!!

Old 03-03-2018, 07:55 PM   #6538
Ram27
dumb

i just worked 12 hours at my internship. which wouldn't be a big deal cause i love this stuff, but it was basically my first day, so i had to learn how everything worked and who people were and stuff. i hate learning

turned my speakers up to 100 and am listening to hummer @ metro 93

remember when the band was good?

Old 03-04-2018, 10:26 AM   #6539
FoolofaTook

butthurt is a 'straight womens'

i suggested we cyber

could of this be love?

Old 03-04-2018, 10:43 AM   #6540
LaBelle
Socialphobic

the most boring of womens.