Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2014, 11:52 PM   #61
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

margin

Old 04-07-2014, 11:52 PM   #62
redbreegull

http://blogs.houstonzoo.org/wp-conte...6/willie-5.jpg.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:54 PM   #63
Banana
Banned

seriously are you capable of actual thought? how does it make sense to you that I am trying to be pretentious by liking what is widely held to be their weakest album BECAUSE it's a generic 90s radio rock album and then by skipping the big hit single. you're like a fucking baby.
seriously are you capable of actual thought? how does it make sense to you that I am trying to be pretentious by liking what is widely held to be their weakest album BECAUSE it's a generic 90s radio rock album and then by skipping the big hit single. you're like a fucking baby.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:55 PM   #64
redbreegull

that's cute

Old 04-08-2014, 12:07 AM   #65
Shallowed
Braindead

Banana's opinion is the only correct one.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:16 AM   #66
redbreegull

this is a great show from 94 watch it now

sound sucks but there's some awesome performances

Old 04-08-2014, 12:18 AM   #67
redbreegull

watching now, just skipped creep

Old 04-08-2014, 12:21 AM   #68
redbreegull

one time on 28if's birthday I was like dude what do you want to do on your birthday and he was like listen to every radiohead record but we only got through pablo honey and the bends

Old 04-08-2014, 12:21 AM   #69
redbreegull

it was pretty sad

Old 04-08-2014, 02:47 AM   #70
Cool As Ice Cream

i listen to one layer at a time
in the dark

Old 04-08-2014, 06:07 AM   #71
I'm Hardcore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana View Post
Yeah I idolize one of the most brilliant musical minds of our time, how terrible.

Oh wait, it's cool to hate Kanye and disregard his musical brilliance and consistent output of instantly classic albums.
you're an absolute fucking idiot man

Old 04-08-2014, 06:08 AM   #72
I'm Hardcore
Banned

I THINK HE'S A BRILLIANT GENIUS, THEREFORE HE IS A BRILLIANT GENIUS. THERE IS NO WAY POSSIBLE THAT ANYONE ELSE COULD THINK OTHERWISE

Old 04-08-2014, 06:58 AM   #73
Cool As Ice Cream

you just don't get it. do you even understand what i mean with those layers? i bet you can't hear even them. but yeah, i'm the idiot here lol

Old 04-08-2014, 08:21 AM   #74
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

polyphony is a pretty old musical device - I enjoy it. I haven't listened to KoL because Thom York is a short skinny ugly white man with a small penis who whines about how hard it is to be middle class and you know
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TULF4DCZZ3...d5-300x196.jpg

except maybe Banana

Old 04-08-2014, 08:23 AM   #75
Shallowed
Braindead

Fucking layers, man.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:28 AM   #76
Cool As Ice Cream

lol

Old 04-08-2014, 09:54 AM   #77
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I skip it because it's a boring song...one that I have heard ten million times on alternative rock radio already.
i call it the disarm effect

Old 04-08-2014, 11:22 AM   #78
Banana
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Hardcore View Post
you're an absolute fucking idiot man
So cool of you to hate rap and Kanye. So cool.

Old 04-08-2014, 05:40 PM   #79
Shallowed
Braindead

Not all of us like or dislike particular artists because we think that it's cool to like or dislike them.

It's pretty rich coming from someone who can only appreciate Kanye West's music to its fullest if you're blasting it from an open car window so everyone around you has to hear what you're listening to.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:45 PM   #80
Banana
Banned

Please point out where I said I can only appreciate it when I'm blasting it from an open car window.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:08 PM   #81
I'm Hardcore
Banned

Quote:
So cool of you to hate rap and Kanye. So cool.
if you could point me to the place where i said that i hate rap, that would be a fun time

Old 04-08-2014, 09:09 PM   #82
I'm Hardcore
Banned

and i mean there's nothing wrong with sucking dick, but you need to visit Kanye and just get it over with

Old 04-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #83
Banana
Banned

What kind of rap do you like if you don't like Kanye?

Old 04-08-2014, 09:30 PM   #84
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Can you explain how Kanye West is a musical genius? I'm curious.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:42 PM   #85
Banana
Banned

He has been remarkable influential in music. He falls under that Radiohead umbrella of having released at least 4 albums without a single one being bad. He's one of the best produces out there and he was able to go beyond that and become one of the best musical artists and performers out there. He has all this immense talent yet he doesn't just sit on what has worked and try to milk that. He's a genius in that he is able to harness that talent and consistently evolve and improve as an artist and change the music and pop culture scene and influence it as he does so. He isn't pigeon holed to one corner of the music world or the art world.

Not only does the man make one of the greatest hip hop albums ever but he also puts out a 35 minute for it that is brilliant.

You look at his latest masterpiece and he apparently only put that together in a few months. Came to Rick Rubin with a largely incomplete project only weeks away from release and was able to get it down to the greatness that is Yeezus.

Not only is releasing this incredibly high quality music but he has been releasing it at such a high rate that it's remarkable and unseen in music these days. He has released an album every year since 2010 that has been great and one of the best albums for each of the years and he isn't slowing down (and that isn't even considering his 4 great and highly influential albums he released prior to 2010). He just delayed/cancelled Australia shows for his tour because he's finishing up his latest album which will drop sometime this year.

He's such a god damn musical genius that his work is practically flowing out of him uncontrollably. Not only is he putting out this prolific track record of music without a flaw but he is doing it without any hesitation or need for a a few years off or a few years to get the creative juices flowing and put something together. He is putting out something every fucking year and he is pushing the bar higher and higher when he does it.

Last edited by Banana : 04-08-2014 at 09:55 PM.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:54 PM   #86
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

No I mean how is he a musical genius. "I like all of his albums!" doesn't make him a genius.

I mean is your standard of genius based solely on output amount? I'd say that Jandek is more prolific than Kanye.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #87
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Banana's colossal stupidity is less entertaining now that he pretty much demonstrates it on command.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:02 PM   #88
Banana
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
No I mean how is he a musical genius. "I like all of his albums!" doesn't make him a genius.

I mean is your standard of genius based solely on output amount? I'd say that Jandek is more prolific than Kanye.

I explained to you why. Not my problem you can't read.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:18 PM   #89
I'm Hardcore
Banned

Quote:
What kind of rap do you like if you don't like Kanye?
hahahahahahahahahha

Kanye is RAP, and RAP is Kanye

Old 04-08-2014, 10:19 PM   #90
I'm Hardcore
Banned

UGK, 8-Ball, MJG, Wu-Tang of course (and all related solo), Non Phixion are just some of the rap artists i enjoy