Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 09-09-2014, 08:17 PM   #61
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
No it's just funny to me that you're like the definition of a hip music listener as far as I'm concerned. Like 90% of the posts I've seen from you praise cool modern bands that I've never heard of or talk about how we're awash in good music while most everyone else on this board is talking about the 80's and 90's for the most part.

For example, that post you made about Billy being a guitar dinosaur and not being able to dig electronic. Most of your posts are a variant of that attitude.

Really no offense though, I'm not dissing you for knowing more about music than me.
I certainly feel the need to go in to bat for the electronic stuff, partly cause it's my area as a musician but partly cause I feel like lots of posters here rag on it. But yeah I reckon music is p good these days.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:22 AM   #62
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
seriously fuzzy, the killers are much better than the fucking blood hound gang. come the fuck on.
obvs just saying that to fit in with the cool kids

Old 09-10-2014, 01:51 AM   #63
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
That soul/soldier refrain part or whatever it's called is literally better than any song or bit of music bhg has or could ever make. Nice try though; even people who hate the Killers admit that "All These Things I've Done" is a good if not great song. Gtfo
That songs just a pompous U2/Coldplay-esque rip off. I mean Jesus Christ, ape the Edge a little more why dontcha? And the whole church choir thing in the middle singing that embarrassingly bad lyric... Just terrible.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:00 AM   #64
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
yeah i love that part.

seriously fuzzy, the killers are much better than the fucking blood hound gang. come the fuck on.
I disagree. The Killers kind of remind me of Coldplay in that they just shamelessly ape other bands without adding any real originality of their own to the songs.

There IS a few exceptions though. I really like the Killers song "When you were young". That's a great track... But otherwise, I just find the band awful. Their whole schtick is terrible.

The Bloodhound Gang are what they are and they realize they're a stupid kind of band but they create fun, catchy infectious songs with their own original spin on em.

I mean shit, none of you guys even have a soft spot for this track at least?

Old 09-10-2014, 02:26 AM   #65
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

stop posting youtube clips
nobody will ever watch them

Old 09-10-2014, 02:37 AM   #66
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

nah dude you're just scaring them off

just chill out, relax on the beach and throw on some nofx. music doesn't really matter

Old 09-10-2014, 04:05 AM   #67
Elphenor
Braindead

Stop listening to that band Fuzzy.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:58 AM   #68
fuzzyroes
Banned

Nofx is great when the mood calls for it. It's great stuff to play when you're partying.

Old 09-10-2014, 06:12 AM   #69
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
Stop listening to that band Fuzzy.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:54 PM   #70
D.
Consume my pants.

I guess every opinion is equal and we'll just have to agree to disagree!

#trotsk #thenewnetphoria

Old 09-11-2014, 03:36 AM   #71
fuzzyroes
Banned

hahaha

Old 10-18-2014, 12:35 PM   #72
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Seriously the big Cure thread happens when i'm gone and The Chameleons too? Fuck this. Of course after reading it i notice not much was said about the actual band and this needs to be remedied to.

One of my top 5 favorite band. One of the best bands of the 80's that never managed to make it. I mean especially considering how basically completely radio friendly their sound is. Go on any Chameleons video on youtube and i guarantee you there's someone lamenting why U2 got big but Chameleons didn't (its kinda weird though, i'm not sure why they get compared so much, i assume that in the 80's their fan base intersected?)

The truth is they didn't care to, to the point of self sabotage almost. Also, they didn't have a good image (mind you that was never U2's strong suit either). You'll find for example a lot of goths like them, but they didn't look the part and certainly didn't tailor their sound to that either (though you can see in songs like monkeyland or second skin why they had a partly goth fanbase). They were non specific image wise. Then, their album art was terrible (made by one of the guitarist, i forget which..its so 70's and not in a good way. He made a living as a graphic artist too but sorry i think he's much better at music...)

Also the band i think owes the most to Chameleons is actually Interpol. One part chameleons, one part Joy Division and you'd got interpol. But i've said that before. And the record to start with is Script of The bridge. they only made three anyway plus some eps and while Burgess says the last (strange times) is his favorite, i find it's not at all up to the standard of the first two, minus two or three exceptions).

One of the great Manchester bands that always gets forgotten..even if technically they will insist they're from the suburbs... and Mark Burgess may not have been to that iconic Sex Pistol show in manchester..but he was a the pistols christmas party, putting cake in John Lydon's hair, looking about 16 ( http://youtu.be/ingGD6DLtpI?t=1m50s )

Here's what i consider their best songs...the list will be long

The Fan and the bellows

Up the down escalator

Second Skin

Paper tigers

Monkeyland

Don't Fall

View from a hill

Perfume Garden

One Flesh

In shreds

Nostalgia

Nathan's Phase

Ever After

Old 10-18-2014, 12:41 PM   #73
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Oh yeah and fuck the killers.

Old 10-18-2014, 01:33 PM   #74
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

The only Killers song I really like is 'Human' and isn't it based on a Hunter S. Thompson quote?