Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 12-14-2017, 12:30 AM   #391
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

that's really just not true. is there an adjustment period? yes. but presidents typically get a lot done in their first year

Old 12-14-2017, 12:37 AM   #392
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Wouldn't it be more accurate to suggest that the first year of pretty much every other presidency in the last half-century featured the absolute highest approval ratings of the term?

Old 12-14-2017, 12:43 AM   #393
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I hate to break it to you, but the US senate is littered with predators and sexual abusers... Not saying it's okay, but to draw the line at Moore seems a little hypocritical.
really? you think drawing the line at a sex predator who combed malls for 14 year old girls is a hypocritical place to draw the line? What Democrat has been accused of something worse in 2017 and not stepped down? (hint: the answer is none)

that's not even touching the comments Roy Moore has made saying Muslims shouldn't be able to serve in Congress, homosexuality should be criminalized, and that last time America was great was when we had slaves.

you are such a bootlicking dumbass. I'm not sure how someone with so few life accomplishments, who openly has admitted the struggle of gambling and alcohol addiction and socialization woes... how could someone like this have such a big ego? I don't see how you could possibly not see how much of a clown you look like trying to justify this to yourself unless it is an ego self defense mechanism.

Quote:
There's definitely been a learning curve for him and I'd be lying if I said that things have went as smoothly as I would have hoped. But he's still the greater good, and him winning was 100X better and proves a bigger point to the establishment than if Clinton would have won.

Maybe next time the Dems will listen to the their base and supporters instead of sabotaging the candidate of the people.
The greater good? lmao. The only thing Trump has been consistent on is white identity politics and the process of knocking down anyone who isn't a white male. He's waffled and stumbled and flip-flopped and been indecisive on literally everything else. He has zero accomplishments that actually involved things he couldn't do by himself via executive order, other than the tax bill. And what got the GOP in line on the tax bill? Their big donors called and threatened to cut them off.

Candidate of the people, huh? You mean candidate who LOST the popular vote, has 32% approval rating, whose policies are all unpopular with a majority of Americans? that candidate of the people? or the one who is a NY city billionaire real estate mogul who fucked around and was so bad at money management he should be living in the gutter but simply couldn't end up there because of the vast amount of wealth and privilege he inherited? that candidate of the people? Or howabout the candidate of the people who can't get anyone to agree on what they should be doing in government and can't even get his own party behind him until the Koch brothers phone Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell and crack the whip because all their money comes from a few huge assholes with deep pockets. That candidate of the people?

Quote:
Maybe now Washington won't assume that they can shove any old shit-heel down the publics throat and have them accept and welcome it.

Don't forget, Trumps only been in office for a year. First year in a first term presidency often times features a lot of stumbling. It's not unique to Donald Trump.
Don't forget, you've never taken a polisci course and don't seem to know the fundamentals of American government. Presidents are virtually always strongest in their first two years, especially given that Trump inherited GOP one-party-rule in Congress. The fact that he has hasn't been able to get anything done in the first year probably has already sealed his fate as one of the weakest presidents in our history. I can't think of any other example of a president whose party controlled everything when he entered office and was still too bad at leading the country to get anything done. It's not going to get better for him. Every day that passes, he is just more diminished. And after the election next year, he's probably a lame duck.

Is stumbling in the first year normal? Yeah. You know what else happens in the first year or so in nearly all cases? A president's biggest legislative accomplishments and legacy builders. Trump has nothing, has done nothing, will do nothing, and it's only getting worse. The longer you delay accepting that this guy is a miserable fucking failure and you were dead wrong, the more unhappy you will be.

Last edited by redbreegull : 12-14-2017 at 12:48 AM.

Old 12-14-2017, 12:47 AM   #394
buzzard
Minion of Satan

While I wouldn't exactly trust a person as intellectually dishonest as fuzzyroes to accept a pattern that doesn't conform to the mast of stubborn beliefs they have elected to cling to as the ship goes down, it would appear that the overwhelming majority of presidents peak very early on as far as having the support of the American people goes.

https://i.imgur.com/UqKRpL5.png?1

Old 12-14-2017, 12:49 AM   #395
fuzzyroes
Banned

No struggling in gambling man. I'm making money like gangbusters right now. I'm absolutely crushing the NBA and NHL. It's the reason why I treated myself to that watch I posted in that other thread.

I'll reply more in depth later, cause I gotta head to work in a minute... I'll say though, Even if Trump gets nothing done, it's still better than if Clinton won. Just think, there'd probably already be wars underway with Russia and shit. She was a goddamn idiot and whether you like Trump or not it's a good thing that she lost.

Old 12-14-2017, 12:50 AM   #396
redbreegull

Quote:
No struggling in gambling man. I'm making money like gangbusters right now. I'm absolutely crushing the NBA and NHL. It's the reason why I treated myself to that watch I posted in that other thread.

I'll reply more in depth later, cause I gotta head to work in a minute... I'll say though, Even if Trump gets nothing done, it's still better than if Clinton won. Just think, there'd probably already be wars underway with Russia and shit. She was a goddamn idiot and whether you like Trump or not it's a good thing that she lost.
you're just moving the goal posts so that you can feel like you have a good point.

you don't.

Old 12-14-2017, 12:51 AM   #397
redbreegull

you are one of the most intellectually dishonest people I have ever argued with

Old 12-14-2017, 01:06 AM   #398
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I'll say though, Even if Trump gets nothing done, it's still better than if Clinton won. Just think, there'd probably already be wars underway with Russia and shit. She was a goddamn idiot and whether you like Trump or not it's a good thing that she lost.
I can't believe you're reduced to writing speculative fiction in order to justify your support of a joke president that also happens to be under investigation for collusion with said Russians and likely also obstruction of justice.

Too pathetic for words.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:09 AM   #399
redbreegull

"bUt HeR eMaIlS"

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20171113091521

Old 12-14-2017, 01:11 AM   #400
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Netphoria in a parallel universe that makes (some) sense:

Quote:
I'll say though, Even if Hillary gets nothing done, it's still better than if Trump won. Just think, America would probably be the closest it's been to nuclear war in Korea since God invented peninsulas. He was a goddamn idiot and whether you like Hillary or not it's a good thing that he lost.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:35 AM   #401
buzzard
Minion of Satan

How can Trump supporters still buy it that he's some sort of anti-war voice of reason?

Far as I'm aware, military efforts in the Middle East have only been stepped up since the election, they've dropped a record-breaking number of bombs, and it's been suggested that civilian deaths due to US-led air strikes against ISIS have been greater in Trump's term so far than in all of Obama's.