Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2018, 05:54 PM   #391
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Just found out some lovely people have updating this beautiful piece of art and WELL I KNOW WHAT I'M FUCKING DOING TONIGHT

Old 10-18-2018, 09:17 PM   #392
TuralyonW3
Immortal

100 hours and 85% complete on Mass Effect Andromeda. looong game. buggy as fuck

Old 10-18-2018, 09:41 PM   #393
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Gave in and snagged that octopath trav game for switch

The visuals and music and battle system are 10/10

Writing however is fucken deadly combo bland/windy, lotta clickin thru cliches to get back in control of my party, and this is a huge missed opportunity for a game whose major gimmick is having 8 very different very developed stories for each of its main characters

But omg pumpin hits on baddies in the badass battle system feels unnnnnnnggghhhhhh so good and the musics up there with the big snes rpgs of yore, so ima keep clickin thru for now

Old 10-18-2018, 10:15 PM   #394
Disco King
Minion of Satan

So I'm thinking I might try to buy a PS4 for Spidey, and maybe get my younger sister a Switch for Zelda, but then ask her if I can play Zelda.

I can afford this if I rob a bank, I think.

Old 10-18-2018, 10:16 PM   #395
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Too many expenses, too little money. If I get new consoles, I guess that means postponing that tattoo. I don't know how to order the importance of material things I want.

Old 10-18-2018, 10:17 PM   #396
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Why can't Elon Musk just pay for my shit instead of making another space submarine or whatever

Old 10-26-2018, 02:48 AM   #397
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I'm watching people play rdr2. I think I'm gonna cave and get it this weekend

Old 10-26-2018, 03:20 AM   #398
Elphenor
Braindead

Is it looking to live up to hype

Old 10-26-2018, 04:24 AM   #399
redbreegull

basically yes.

Old 10-26-2018, 06:59 AM   #400
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I'm knee-deep in the opening stages.

Old 10-26-2018, 03:43 PM   #401
redbreegull

I really committed myself to not buying this until the price goes down but seriously I don't think I can wait. Watching these videos is like sitting in front of a succulent steak when I haven't eaten since the last game.

What do you think, Buzz? I've heard a lot of things thrown around like, "redifines open world gaming," "takes sandbox gaming to the next level," etc. Would you agree or is the hype over the top?

Old 10-26-2018, 03:48 PM   #402
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I'm all about waiting for game prices to decline.

I was gonna get a PS4 and Spider-Man, but then I saw that the used Spider-Man price is only slightly lower than the new price. Not paying $65 bucks for a used game. Gonna wait until it is at most $40.

Old 10-26-2018, 03:48 PM   #403
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Okay, maybe $50. But not more than that.

Old 10-26-2018, 03:51 PM   #404
redbreegull

certain games seem to never drop significantly, and Rockstar games seem to be prime among them. You can sometimes get a good weekly deal and stuff if you browse Xbox marketplace deals vigilantly but I'm pretty sure GTAV is still $50 and it's half a decade old now

Old 10-26-2018, 03:57 PM   #405
Disco King
Minion of Satan

That's true. Games kept alive with online shit seem to retain their value.

I see that there are package deals for PS4 Pros that come with RDR2, for the same price as a PS4 Pro with no game. If I'm going to get a PS4 for Spidey anyway, may as well get that and a free game with it.

But at the same time, the Pro is more than $100 more expensive than the regular, and I don't know if I care about 4k gaming or whatever other features the Pro has enough to justify the extra cost. And there's no regular PS4 that comes bundled with RDR2.

Then there's the slim, but I'm pretty sure 500 GB is nothing, and I'd end up having to buy an external hard drive, anyway.

Old 10-26-2018, 03:58 PM   #406
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
That's true. Games kept alive with online shit seem to retain their value.

I see that there are package deals for PS4 Pros that come with RDR2, for the same price as a PS4 Pro with no game. If I'm going to get a PS4 for Spidey anyway, may as well get that and a free game with it.

But at the same time, the Pro is more than $100 more expensive than the regular, and I don't know if I care about 4k gaming or whatever other features the pro has enough to justify the extra cost. And there's no regular PS4 that comes bundled with RDR2.

Then there's the slim, but I'm pretty sure 500 GB is nothing, and I'd end up having to buy an external hard drive, anyway.
I've heard some peeps talking about upgrading their systems for RDR2, but getting a PS4 Pro for example... is that really worth it unless you have an amazing tv?

Old 10-26-2018, 04:12 PM   #407
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Probably not. I don't know if my TV is even 4k. And the current price of the game's special edition is $100, so if I purchased that and a regular PS4, I'd still be saving more cash than if I just went with a regular model.

Add to that the fact that I'm in no special hurry to get this game and am willing to wait until the price drops, and the only reason I was considering getting it right away is that it comes free with a console. So, I should just get a PS4 for older Sony exclusives, play the first Red Dead while in the meantime (never played it before), and save money in the long run.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:13 PM   #408
Disco King
Minion of Satan

If it really does "redefine open-world gaming," I'd love to give it a whirl, because too many open-world games have that Assassin's Creed syndrome of just giving you a nice and wide space to complete pointless and unrewarding tasks in.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:36 PM   #409
Elphenor
Braindead

I don't even play video games anymore but my Dad does and I almost want to visit him for this game

Old 10-26-2018, 04:38 PM   #410
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King
If it really does "redefine open-world gaming," I'd love to give it a whirl, because too many open-world games have that Assassin's Creed syndrome of just giving you a nice and wide space to complete pointless and unrewarding tasks in.
I would say definitely play the first RDR because it was revolutionary in its own way. If you play the 2nd one first, I would be worried you might not be able to fully experience why the first one was such a big deal

Old 10-27-2018, 02:49 AM   #411
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Playing the first red dead now, first time

Don’t have a ps4 but wanted to join in the dirty ol cowboy party somehow

Fucken still not hooked by this game, although it’s pretty as hell. Seems like it starts awful slow

Old 10-27-2018, 04:02 AM   #412
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I never know how long to play a game before I can judge it. Like, I've played a little bit of a couple Assassin's Creed games. Have I played enough to conclude that they are boring as shit, or do I need to play more? How many hours does it take to experience all of the core gameplay mechanics?

Similar story with the GTA games. I don't know if I owe the games more gameplay before I give up on them.

Old 10-27-2018, 11:21 AM   #413
run2pee
Minion of Satan

My main barrier is rockstar’s style of doing npcs/peds has never been my favorite

How am i to care about this world when it’s populated almost entirely by ppl who at bottom merely = dots for my pacman to eat?

Not sure ive ever played an open world where i was truly satisfied by the npc interactions, but this and the gtas err hard on the side of arcadey/goomba-stomping type interactions, which breaks my immersion

Old 10-27-2018, 11:24 AM   #414
run2pee
Minion of Satan

That said i finally got my lasso, had an uncomfortable chat with bonnies weird dad, and fended off a wilderness dude who tried to trick me and steal my horse. Feels like maybe the tutorial is finally over, and it’s starting to pull me in

Time for some hard exploring. Sounds like there’s a bandana i need to snag so i can do better crimes

Old 10-29-2018, 03:53 PM   #415
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Playing the first red dead now, first time

Don’t have a ps4 but wanted to join in the dirty ol cowboy party somehow

Fucken still not hooked by this game, although it’s pretty as hell. Seems like it starts awful slow
Wait until you get to Mexico

Hoooooly shit

Old 10-29-2018, 05:14 PM   #416
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
What do you think, Buzz? I've heard a lot of things thrown around like, "redifines open world gaming," "takes sandbox gaming to the next level," etc. Would you agree or is the hype over the top?
It's probably a little early for any sweeping statements, but I can definitely offer that it looks amazing.

Safe to say, it's very much a faithful update of the original game with an impressive attention to detail. I like that your hair and beard grow over time, that the quality of animal furs depends on your method of hunting, and that NPCs feel more like individuals than you'd expect from a large-scale open world game. They achieve the cinematic feel they were clearly going for and I'm certainly pouring most my leisure time into playing it.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:44 PM   #417
redbreegull

I'm about 8 hours in and I don't really even have a grasp on all the mechanics. My initial impression is that hype about this game "redefining" open worlds is a bit much, but as is the expectation with Rockstar, each big release raises the bar from the last and the detail in this one is really incredible.

Old 10-30-2018, 02:16 AM   #418
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
100 hours and 85% complete on Mass Effect Andromeda. looong game. buggy as fuck
I only started relatively recently. Pretty sure it’s not a 100 hour game for me.

Old 10-30-2018, 05:36 PM   #419
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
you get motherfucking magic powers from (that world's version of) THE DEVIL soon so it gets better in that regard. but i like FPS soooo
Yeah, I gave the game some more playtime, and it's pretty good, actually.

I was on the second mission, and I took my time to explore every nook and cranny, complete all of the side objectives, and collect all of the bone charms and runes.

Then I went to complete the main objective of eliminating the High Overseer, and the damn game glitched out. Whatever is supposed to trigger the High Overseer and that other guy to enter the chamber didn't click, and they are just frozen there in the next room. I can't even enter that room to find another way to eliminate him. After all that time I spent on the level, I think I have to just restart it from scratch. Fuck this shit.

Old 10-30-2018, 06:08 PM   #420
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
I only started relatively recently. Pretty sure it’s not a 100 hour game for me.
We finished. 95 hours, 95% complete (did everything but the silly small tasks with no map markers), sexy Vetra romanced