Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2014, 01:27 AM   #31
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
i never got that, i know he makes dumb movies for money but so does nick cage and he's a national treasure
Not a Cage fan, but he is far from being a Ben Stiller.
Leaving Las Vegas.

Old 06-06-2014, 01:35 AM   #32
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Well I watch Nic Cage films for more or less the same reason I sometimes watch Tj Hooker.

Though Vampire's Kiss is genius. It's possibly the only time his neo-shamanistic approach to acting (his words) 100% gelled with the movie he was making.

"AM I GETTING THROUGH TO YOU ALMA!?"

"IM A VAMPIRE! IM A VAMPIRE!"

Ill watch this anytime it's on. Joseph Minion was some underrated comedy genius. Too bad after After hours and this he just kinda disappeared. I think he wrote Motorama too which ive never seen but sounds pretty weird thouhg sadly not about 80s new york yuppies. God he should have been responsible for American Psycho.

And i don't really care for Ben Stiller but i thought by then the quote had infiltrated pop culture enough that it was known to most.

Old 06-06-2014, 01:37 AM   #33
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Jack Black sure got one long lucky career break. Thankfully people dont give much of a shit about him anymore. As far as im concerned his contribution to film begins and ends with High Fidelity.

Old 06-06-2014, 01:49 AM   #34
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

I managed to forget he was in High Fidelity.

What a disgusting little shit.
Be Kind Rewind could have been great. Without him.

Old 06-06-2014, 01:51 AM   #35
Elphenor
Braindead

Jack Black is okay

Old 06-06-2014, 02:00 AM   #36
Order 66
Socialphobic

TIL jack black was in the never ending story 3. which was a terrible and blasphemous movie if you've grown up with the first two movies

Old 06-06-2014, 02:16 AM   #37
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

I grew up with the first. The second is blasphemy enough already.

fun fact: you sometimes hear Neverending story (the song) on radio in shops here because it was a fair hit in Canada. It is kinda catchy as shit.

Old 06-06-2014, 02:22 AM   #38
Elphenor
Braindead

I like his voice acting as Kung Fu Panda.

I like that his role in every movie is Ive seen is to be a fat disgusting idiot.
He's one of those actors who's "Jack Black" regardless of what the character's name is.

Old 06-06-2014, 02:26 AM   #39
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Yeah see thats what annoys me with the vast majority of comedy actors. They have one shtick. Whether its Will Ferrell, Ben Stiller, Jim Carrey, Jack Black. They'll have that one thing they do and even if once in a while one of them will have an actually good shtick, it usually gets old after at most 2 or 3 films.

Old 06-06-2014, 02:34 AM   #40
Elphenor
Braindead

Haha. Jim Carrey is so strange. You weird Canadians

Like he just makes funny faces but it's hilarious to me for some reason.
He's like a cartoon character.

Old 06-06-2014, 02:37 AM   #41
Elphenor
Braindead

Ben Stiller varies it up a bit. I'm not like a fan or anything but he has a little range.
Ive seen him as the straight man that has shit dropped all over him and also the over-the-top asshole.

Old 06-06-2014, 02:41 AM   #42
Elphenor
Braindead

Will plays "arrogent douchebag and just all around shitty human being with virtually no good qualities that we somehow root for anyway" in every movie.