Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 11-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Default so i had the worst friday morning ever

i usually feel too self involved to be posting stuff like this but this board is dead.

be advised - tldr, bloggy, tree hugging, hippy lovin material

my lady and i wake up about 10:00 am and decide to go get some groceries for the house, some bread and stuff to cook with or whatever. as we're going down the steps towards the car, our landlord's lady (we live in an apartment of theirs out back. yeah yeah i know it sucks but it's a nice place and the rent's great) starts calling us and waving her hands, so we approach her to see what the fuck that's all about and she points to this sweet cat from around the block sitting there in front of her doorstep, with her eye all exploded and bleeding from her mouth, nose and ear, all perched up on some brick and purring in pain
turns out she's been run over by a car just outside our house and she ran up right next to our house. bleeding trail and a huge splash of blood nearby. seemed like she coughed it right after she got hit. upon query, landlord lady says she's been there for at least a couple of hours, and that she had called some city hall vet upon seeing her A COUPLE OF HOURS AGO, and seeing that obviously this guy isn't showing up, she just did nothing and let the cat stay there in extreme pain, barely breathing and bleeding.
anyway i go back inside the house and begin to rampantly call any vet ambulance service i can find on google, but nobody shows\picks up the phone\is of any usefulness.
the hours pass and i can't just go on my business and do something else because i can't see her like this but there's not a whole lot i can do about it. the way i thought it out to be, she has no chance of survival and i just want the vet to be there asap so he could at least put her out of her misery. after about 6 hours pass since the beginning of the entire thing and the guy still isn't here i decide i'm going to try and grab her and drive to an animal shelter, to try and take care of her or put her down if there's no other way. i managed to grab her by the neck and put her in a box (i had no cage in the house) but she suddenly jumped out of it and escaped down the stairs and into the street.
anyway this is already excruciatingly long and overly elaborate so, long story short - the vet guy arrived around that point, tried to cease her from underneath some car she was hiding underneath, but somehow we both lost track of her and apparently she jumped into the engine from underneath the car. guy who's car this is is - wait for it - out of town and will be back the next day. can't open the engine hood, can't start the car to get her to come out. i waited for another 30 minutes or so and left empty handed
this really sucks. it was gut wrenching and heartbreaking. the guy said she didn't necessarily look that bad and the bleeding doesn't mean much unless it's from an internal wound, which might as well be fifty fifty for all we know. also said if a cat can run away there's a good chance it'll live.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
whywontyoulistn
Ownz

Go back.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i've been trying my luck from a time to time but the car's already gone and she's nowhere to be seen. i just hope she's not in agony. though my hope is insignificant and irrelevant and she's probably in pain but there is no way I can find her, she could be literally anywhere

Old 11-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #4
TuralyonW3
Immortal

That's brutal. You'll just have to try not to think about. If cat shows its face again you could try to catch it again to take to the animal shelter. Maybe lure it with some food next to the car?

Old 11-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #5
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Oh car's gone huh. Well you did your best man.

Old 11-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #6
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

thanks... i mean my natural reaction was not to invade her space or be too intrusive in my actions, because i figured she's already in extreme pain and panic and if she were to die anyway at least her final hours wouldn't be spent trapped in a box in my car.
but as the hours went by i couldn't just sit there and watch her suffer. i just hope my delayed decision making process didn't damage the situation further in some way. road to hell, good intentions, all that rubbish

Old 11-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #7
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Old 11-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #8
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
i just hope my delayed decision making process didn't damage the situation further in some way. road to hell, good intentions, all that rubbish
You still tried, you can't blame yourself.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #9
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

holy shit guys
i spotted the kitty on the street
she looks ok
i mean her eye is messed up and she's a little dirty
won't eat my food and appears to have a little difficulty swallowing
but she survived and is relatively well
this all happened on a saturday so i didn't have much to do. i think i'll try to catch her again and take her to a vet. i really don't need another cat in the house but i might not be able to help but take her in

Old 12-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #10
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

wow awesome

you gotta take her in now

so glad she is ok

Old 12-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #11
TuralyonW3
Immortal

awesome. it's allright if you can't take her in, but see if you can get her some care and a home.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #12
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

man that's one hard core cat

is it a boy or girl? If boy: Logan if girl: Rogue.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #13
Shallowed
Braindead

http://forums.netphoria.org/customav...atar7909_1.gif