Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2020, 08:20 PM   #391
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
Another innocent life taken by the fascist street gang. Who gives a shit if someone is drunk if they're not causing anyone any harm?

Can't wait for the MAGA crowd to say he shouldn't have been drunk and imply the punishment for public drunkenness is death.
Shouldn't have been drunk

Shouldn't have been there

Shouldn't have "resisted"

All that really means is "shouldn't have been black"

Old 06-16-2020, 07:44 AM   #392
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Armed right wing "militia" group gets arrested after shooting someone...

I had to look closely the first time I saw this cause several of the right wingers are dressed in military gear. All the news reports say they were arrested by cops. But the cops look like they're actually military.

Quote:
“The heavily armed individuals who flaunted themselves at the protest, calling themselves a ‘civil guard,’ were there for one reason: To menace protesters, to present an unsanctioned show of unregulated force,” New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham (D) said in a statement. “To menace the people of New Mexico with weaponry — with an implicit threat of violence — is on its face unacceptable; that violence did indeed occur is unspeakable.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...oting-protest/

Old 06-16-2020, 01:14 PM   #393
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 06-16-2020, 01:46 PM   #394
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

US police reform: Trump signs executive order on 'best practice'

Old 06-16-2020, 02:52 PM   #395
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Airman charged in killing of federal officer in California
Updated 11:28 am PDT, Tuesday, June 16, 2020

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...n-15343976.php

Quote:
The two contract security officers worked for Homeland Security’s Federal Protective Service and had been monitoring a nearby protest over the death of George Floyd.

Authorities say Carrillo used an AR-15-style weapon in the shooting. A second man described as the driver of the car was charged with aiding and abetting the murder and attempted murder.

Carrillo separately faces state charges in the June 6 fatal shooting of Santa Cruz County sheriff’s Sgt. Damon Gutzwiller and the wounding of four other officers in Ben Lomond, an unincorporated area outside the beachfront city of Santa Cruz south of San Francisco. Authorities say Carrillo, a leader of an elite military security force, ambushed the officers.
Left wing terrorists? Nah, just "a leader of an elite military security force"

Edit: Federal officer shooting suspects Steven Carrillo, Robert Justus 'came to Oakland to kill cops,' FBI says

Quote:
One of the suspects, Steven Carrillo, has also been charged with killing Santa Cruz Co. Sheriff Deputy Damon Gutzwiller on June 6 in Ben Lomond.

OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- The FBI announced Tuesday that Air Force Staff Sgt. Steven Carrillo has been federally charged with murder and attempted murder in the case of a federal security officer who was killed in a drive-by shooting on May 29 outside the Federal Building in Oakland.

Carrillo is the suspect charged with killing Santa Cruz Co. Sheriff Deputy Damon Gutzwiller and wounding of four other officers in an ambush-style attack on June 6 in Ben Lomond.

Last edited by MplsTaper : 06-16-2020 at 03:19 PM.

Old 06-16-2020, 03:57 PM   #396
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Accused Killer Of California Cops Was Associated With Right-Wing 'Boogaloo Movement'

Quote:
During Tuesday's press conference, FBI agent Jack Bennett said Carrillo and Justus purposefully chose the protest as the locality of the killing to blend in better and to take advantage of community grief over the police killing of George Floyd. "There is no evidence that these men had any intention to join the demonstration in Oakland … They came to Oakland to kill cops," Bennett said. Carrillo has been charged with 19 felonies related to the attack, and the charges carry enhancements of "lying in wait," which means that Carrillo will be eligible for the death penalty. However, prosecutors have not said if they will pursue death. According to an ATF official, the weapon used in the fatal shootings was a homemade so-called ghost gun without a serial number. "This firearm is a machine gun with a silencer attached to its barrel," said the official.
Quote:
Attorney General William Barr and other top government officials, including President Trump, have frequently blamed Antifa activists for the violence stemming from recent demonstrations in the wake of George Floyd's death. However, last week NPR published a review of court documents of 51 individuals facing federal charges related to protests, and none is alleged to have links to the Antifa movement. Among all the cases brought by the Justice Department thus far, the only extremist group mentioned in court documents is the right-wing "Boogaloo movement."
Quote:
"Elements of The Boogaloo have evolved from a gathering of militia enthusiasts and Second Amendment advocates into a full-fledged violent extremist group, which inspires lone wolf actors and cell-like actors alike," said Joel Finkelstein, director of the Network Contagion Research Institute. "Given recent events and the inability of law enforcement to grasp and intercept this new mode of distributed terror, we think an increase in these kinds of violent attacks against police are almost inevitable."

Old 06-16-2020, 04:02 PM   #397
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Texas bodybuilder linked to 'Boogaloo movement' is charged with running steroid trafficking ring, feds say

Quote:
A Texas bodybuilder who federal prosecutors say is “tied publicly with the anti-government Boogaloo movement” and tried to stir up “guerrilla warfare” against the National Guard has been charged with running a steroid trafficking ring.

Philip Russell Archibald, 29, of Lancaster, is now facing up to a decade in federal prison if convicted of conspiring to sell steroids, according to the United States Attorney's Office Northern District of Texas. He is currently being held at a jail outside of Dallas.

“At Mr. Archibald’s detention hearing, prosecutors argued that the defendant posed a threat to the community, noting that the defendant, who has been tied publicly with the anti-government Boogaloo movement, used his social media accounts to advocate vigilante ‘guerrilla warfare’ against the National Guardsman patrolling Black Lives Matter protests,” the office said in a statement.

Authorities say the so-called boogaloos are right-wing extremists bent on starting a civil war, who often wear Hawaiian shirts.

“In a recent Facebook post, he claimed to be ‘hunting Antifa’ and threatened to ‘kill’ looters,” the office added. “The Court granted the government’s motion and ordered Mr. Archibald detained pending trial.”

Danielle Bocanegra, 30, of Lampasas, was also charged as a co-conspirator.

Federal investigators, citing a criminal complaint, said that in March 2019 “agents discovered Mr. Archibald’s fingerprints on a zip-lock baggie filled with steroids, which Ms. Bocanegra sold to an undercover officer for $900.”

Old 06-16-2020, 04:45 PM   #398
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Quite the ride

Old 06-16-2020, 05:05 PM   #399
buzzard
Minion of Satan

This guy probably gets to make decisions for people despite volunteering to look like that outside of late October.

Old 06-16-2020, 05:38 PM   #400
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
This guy probably gets to make decisions for people despite volunteering to look like that outside of late October.

Luckily it was only 70deg F here today. It's typically 95 this time of year

Old 06-16-2020, 05:40 PM   #401
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I feel like we need a separate Boogaloo thread

Old 06-16-2020, 05:54 PM   #402
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
I feel like we need a separate Boogaloo thread
True. I definitely don't want to associate these fuckheads with the current civil rights movement.

Old 06-16-2020, 10:14 PM   #403
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
The police are a reflection of a society. They’re not a rogue alien organization that came down to torment the black community. They’re enforcing segregation. Segregation is legally over, but it never ended. The police are, in some respects, a border patrol, and they patrol the border between the two Americas. We have that so that the rest of us don’t have to deal with it. Then that situation erupts, and we express our shock and indignation. But if we don’t address the anguish of a people, the pain of being a people who built this country through forced labor — people say, ‘‘I’m tired of everything being about race.’’ Well, imagine how [expletive] exhausting it is to live that.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...mid=tw-nytimes

Old 06-17-2020, 11:10 AM   #404
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Smile

if u have any white friends going to protests, please tell them to stop flaunting their privilege and smoking weeds at a black lives matter protests. thank you and pass it on.

Old 06-17-2020, 11:23 AM   #405
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

silly white folk forget they're the only ones with access to weed!

Old 06-17-2020, 11:28 AM   #406
yo soy el mejor

it's still illegal to smoke in public and if a cop catches a whiff, that's all the excuse they need to start knocking heads and it won't be theirs. that's what "silly" white folk "forget."

Old 06-17-2020, 11:29 AM   #407
yo soy el mejor

i've seen four people smoking weed at protests and every one has been a white woman.

maybe this should go in the karens thread.

Old 06-17-2020, 11:51 AM   #408
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i've seen four people smoking weed at protests and every one has been a white woman.

maybe this should go in the karens thread.
Did the white women have dreads?

Old 06-17-2020, 11:56 AM   #409
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
it's still illegal to smoke in public and if a cop catches a whiff, that's all the excuse they need to start knocking heads and it won't be theirs. that's what "silly" white folk "forget."
Possession is legal in DC. You cannot be arrested or charged by DC Metro police for possession or for smoking it. Pretty common for people to smoke it in the open here.

Old 06-17-2020, 12:20 PM   #410
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
thank you and pass it on.
Whenever I see any white people with weed, I use these words exactly

Old 06-17-2020, 12:33 PM   #411
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

my suggestion to white liberals is take edibles to the protests.

Old 06-17-2020, 12:37 PM   #412
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

if only to avoid the wrath of yorkie salsa edible man!

Old 06-17-2020, 02:05 PM   #413
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Possession is legal in DC. You cannot be arrested or charged by DC Metro police for possession or for smoking it. Pretty common for people to smoke it in the open here.
stop justifying it by telling us how white people get treated. organizers don't want that shit mucking up their protests, but white people gotta white. and it's not legal to "smoke it in the open" here and lots of other places where possession is legal.

from the BLM website regarding protests (Chicago and all chapters):
Quote:
DO NOT HAVE:
Weapons or drugs on you (​This is not a question of morality but of creating opportunities for police & the state to violently criminalize you, those around you, and sabotage the larger goal of the action.)

Those organizing and protesting with race, skin, language, class privileges should critically monitor decision and movements to ensure actions do not result in disproportionate Black and Brown arrests, thus perpetuating mass incarceration of Black and Brown, and working class bodies.

Old 06-17-2020, 02:06 PM   #414
yo soy el mejor

even before i read that, it seems pretty common sense, but lollapalooza was canceled...

Old 06-17-2020, 02:23 PM   #415
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

I moved this out of the Covid thread, bold move, I know.

Quote:
stop justifying it by telling us how white people get treated. organizers don't want that shit mucking up their protests, but white people gotta white. and it's not legal to "smoke it in the open" here and lots of other places where possession is legal.

from the BLM website regarding protests (Chicago and all chapters):
Tale from bumfucklandia: There was a rally related to BLM even in this town. People behaved, kept distance, had face masks, couple of good speakers, all nice. Organisers made sure that a couple of thousand people even kept distance on an hour long march across the city, simply because media was there and they naturally didn't want the news full of footage how the "leftists" look bad during a pandemic.

I smelled a bit of weed here and there, but several groups of people over 30 (exclusively white folks, yes) saw it as a nice afternoon outside and brought beer cans. Not really a problem, only that they left it where they drank it. Bunch of volunteers from the organisers picked up any and all trash, inlcuding beer cans. During the last speaker, I saw two of them, very young black guys, teenagers, who had collected the cans and briefly sat down at the steps of a monument after their big trash bag had ripped open and the cans spilled out.

Next day, I see exactly one picture from the protest in a conservative newspaper. Guess what it showed.
You guessed right, the sole picture from that rally showed two black teens with dozens of empty beer cans to their feet. The newspaper cut the picture nicely, leaving out the trash bag.
The end.

Old 06-17-2020, 02:52 PM   #416
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
I moved this out of the Covid thread, bold move, I know.

Tale from bumfucklandia: There was a rally related to BLM even in this town. People behaved, kept distance, had face masks, couple of good speakers, all nice. Organisers made sure that a couple of thousand people even kept distance on an hour long march across the city, simply because media was there and they naturally didn't want the news full of footage how the "leftists" look bad during a pandemic.

I smelled a bit of weed here and there, but several groups of people over 30 (exclusively white folks, yes) saw it as a nice afternoon outside and brought beer cans. Not really a problem, only that they left it where they drank it. Bunch of volunteers from the organisers picked up any and all trash, inlcuding beer cans. During the last speaker, I saw two of them, very young black guys, teenagers, who had collected the cans and briefly sat down at the steps of a monument after their big trash bag had ripped open and the cans spilled out.

Next day, I see exactly one picture from the protest in a conservative newspaper. Guess what it showed.
You guessed right, the sole picture from that rally showed two black teens with dozens of empty beer cans to their feet. The newspaper cut the picture nicely, leaving out the trash bag.
The end.

That's typical. And if they can't find a single questionable pic from the event they'll just make one up.

Old 06-17-2020, 02:53 PM   #417
redbreegull

that reminds me of the photo from Trump's inauguration day that caught several news crews, camera men down on their knees, encircling a single small fire in a trash can while tons of protesters walk by peacefully

Old 06-17-2020, 02:55 PM   #418
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
That's typical. And if they can't find a single questionable pic from the event they'll just make one up.
typical behavior all around

Old 06-17-2020, 03:05 PM   #419
redbreegull

alright that's enough everyone, or we'll have to move this thread to the Wonky Honkies board

Old 06-17-2020, 03:28 PM   #420
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
alright that's enough everyone, or we'll have to move this thread to the Wonky Honkies board
I hate reading the SP board