Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 05-27-2006, 07:37 PM   #1
transluscent
Apocalyptic Poster

Question lossless puff daddy perfect remixes?

specs of the hub version (Which is lossy) in this thread:

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=120116

Old 05-28-2006, 12:21 AM   #2
dean moriaty
lion of saloons

i'd suggest you talk to dead but he's left...

Old 05-28-2006, 02:14 AM   #3
spreadthelove
Amish Rake Fighter

fingers crossed here.

it'd be great to have those fake lossless versions replaced with real ones.

Old 05-28-2006, 04:44 AM   #4
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean moriaty
i'd suggest you talk to dead but he's left...
why did he leave?

Old 05-28-2006, 05:49 AM   #5
hendy
Apocalyptic Poster

'Cos he was getting negative rep.

Or 'cos he likes Blamo so much more.

Old 06-06-2006, 02:54 PM   #6
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by transluscent
specs of the hub version (Which is lossy) in this thread:

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=120116
As far as I know, that's the only version being spread. I downloaded these remixes years ago, I think from the Hub also. And today I checked and they have the same spectral thing thingy. You know, the drop off at 15-16k.

Does anyone believe to have a real lossless version? Have you checked whether it is really lossless? Where did you get it?

On a related note: where did these Puffy remixes come from? I remember Dead seeding them, but did he own that cd-r or someone close to him? Or was it something that had been spread for a while before it entered the Hub?
I mean, maybe the original cd-r has the same specs as the files we have... Not very likely, but it's a possibility.

Old 07-01-2006, 04:02 AM   #7
Cool As Ice Cream

bump

Old 07-01-2006, 08:29 AM   #8
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

penis

Old 07-04-2006, 11:04 AM   #9
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

I'll double check mine. If the bad ones have been removed from the hub I'd be willing to share mine. Hey wait a second here, I provided a hub release of mine several years ago. Do you have the txt file for these bad ones?

Jesus H Boobs, mine have a dropoff. All I can tell you is I traded for em from Brian Graves who is a respectable trader. It's always possible that the originals had a dropoff for some reason. The dropoff occurs lower than I'd expect for something mp3 sourced. Between 15 & 16

Just emailed Brian.

Last edited by Dead : 07-04-2006 at 11:22 AM.

Old 07-04-2006, 11:43 AM   #10
Cool As Ice Cream

Thumbs up

Keep us informed!

Old 07-04-2006, 11:47 AM   #11
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Alright.

Old 07-08-2006, 11:59 AM   #12
Cool As Ice Cream

Any news?

Old 07-08-2006, 03:55 PM   #13
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Question

Nope. I was thinking about it 10 minutes ago and considering that there may not be a lossless version in circulation. Maybe Puffy emailed the tracks to virgin for consideration. It's happened before!

All I remember about the story of this is that somebody found the cdr in an office at Virgin and took it. Something like that? The actual guy posted about it here or somewhere.

Old 07-11-2006, 12:57 PM   #14
Wainscott
Pledge

Dead,

you can check mine, if you care to...I've had them since they were discovered, but I can't remember if they're from Brian or not. But I second your sentiment, Brian's a decent guy and wouldn't have purposely traded us mp3 sourced material. gmail me.

W

Old 07-12-2006, 12:17 PM   #15
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Cool. Hey I was wondering if I maybe got it from Dave Winegar but pretty sure it was Brian Graves.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:18 AM   #16
Pmack
Demi-God

Here

I'm sure someone's got some low-level geek complaint, wrong FLAC level or some bullshit, but please keep it to yourself!

Oh, there's this, too:

Kitty Kat

Old 02-17-2007, 12:02 PM   #17
ChrisHill
Pledge

Did the torrents get pulled because of zomb's draconian rule system? I can't seem to find them.

"This falls in the 'hit song' category"---BC, 8/10/88

Old 02-17-2007, 12:29 PM   #18
Pmack
Demi-God

Jesus fucking christ, this is riduculous.

I uploaded them to Dime-- banned.

I uploaded them to Zomb -- banned.

The tool at Zomb told me the Puff Daddy remixes are banned because they've been released offiicially (which they haven't), and they're "reviewing" the Kitty Kat upload.

Dime just banned them automatically.

That's it for me. I tried. Sorry these fucking retards can't grasp the concept of "unreleased".

Old 02-17-2007, 02:18 PM   #19
Cool As Ice Cream

Nooo...

What Kitty Kat is it?

Old 02-17-2007, 02:39 PM   #20
redbull
Immortal

pmack, try iether the hub or TTD. I'd be more than willing to seed them somewhere for you.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:45 PM   #21
Cool As Ice Cream

Wasn't there a tracker on splra.org a long time ago?

Old 02-17-2007, 02:47 PM   #22
redbull
Immortal

its not up anymore...you can always use mininova.org or wahtever

Old 02-17-2007, 04:46 PM   #23
smashing0
ZOMB User Relations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmack
The tool at Zomb told me the Puff Daddy remixes are banned because they've been released offiicially (which they haven't), and they're "reviewing" the Kitty Kat upload.

Dime just banned them automatically.

That's it for me. I tried. Sorry these fucking retards can't grasp the concept of "unreleased".
On behalf on "the tool" at ZOMB I want to apologize for banning the Kitty Kat upload. We would seriously love if you'd come back and seed that
http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/details.php?id=13000
The Puff remixes are banned because it's a remixed version of a commercially released song... the copyright law is a little hazy on this stuff, and we'd prefer not to risk anything

sorry for our initial knee jerk reaction

Old 02-17-2007, 08:46 PM   #24
Pmack
Demi-God

Listen, with all due respect (because you're taking the risk, not me), you're not making any goddamned sense.

The Puff remixes are banned because it's a remix of a commercially released song. What, Hello Kitty Kat wasn't commercially released? It's the same song as found on PI but with non-distorted vocals. If you're going to ban, be consistent.

And for the record, copyright law is not "a little hazy" on this stuff. Unless specifically authorized by the copyright holder, everything you offer on Zomb violates copyright. You as a taoer may own the copyright on a live recording, but someone other than you owns the copyright on the content.

Old 02-17-2007, 09:19 PM   #25
Endless Whining
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmack
Listen, with all due respect (because you're taking the risk, nor me), you're not making any goddamned sense.

The Puff remixes are banned because it's a remix of a commercially released song. What, Hello Kitty Kat wasn't commercially released? It's the same song as found on PI but with non-distorted vocals. If you're going to ban, be consistent.

And for the record, copyright law is not "a little hazy" on this stuff. Unless specifically authorized by the copyright holder, everything you offer on Zomb violates copyright. You as a taoer may own the copyright on a live recording, but someone other than you owns the copyright on the content.
Dave's so right here.
All live content on whatever ZOMB tracker is in violation of copyright law as the main uploader not anyone associated with ZOMB has the copyright to release this content because the content itself is owned by the copyright owner, in most cases either the band, writer or label.

So: bans are in place for commercially released stuff; okay, take the whole damn thing down then.

The Puff Daddy Remixes of Perfect were never commercially released and will most VERY likely never be commercially released. A cd with this content did leak and I have held a copy of the cd in my hands as a fellow collector owns a Puff Daddy remix demo/promo cd. So: shit's out there somewhere and the content has been commercially released along other lines, i.e. other versions, but not these.
Basically; what's the BIG diffrence between a never released remix and an unreleased live recording (i.e. a live recording which will in the case of most ZOMB things will never be released as most bands will take a better SBD and/or ADAT take)???? Nothing, right.
And the same applies to Kitty Kat.
Allow it all or allow nothing and don't use copyright issues as a cover up as they are being infringed the moment you as a non-legal owner of the copyright in and of the performance and the song material distribute or allow or facilitate distribution of the content.
And indeed remember: with live taping, it's only that said recording which is copyrighted to the taper, not the musical content in the recording.

Old 02-17-2007, 09:36 PM   #26
The New
Apocalyptic Poster

You could always use this site instead
http://www.mediafire.com/

Old 02-17-2007, 11:16 PM   #27
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Oh man Dave posted these and they didn't get out? I'm still in the process of trying to get Puffy lossless with zero luck.

Old 02-18-2007, 06:13 AM   #28
Cool As Ice Cream

About that version of Kitty Kat: This is nothing new, right?
I believe it can be found on the Hub too.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:10 PM   #29
Dead
Deaddy is your daddy!

Hey anything straight from dave is worth getting, its probably a way lower gen than some hub crap. No offense to the hub.

Old 02-18-2007, 04:27 PM   #30
foxtrot2000
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashing0
On behalf on "the tool" at ZOMB I want to apologize for banning the Kitty Kat upload. We would seriously love if you'd come back and seed that
http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/details.php?id=13000
The Puff remixes are banned because it's a remixed version of a commercially released song... the copyright law is a little hazy on this stuff, and we'd prefer not to risk anything

sorry for our initial knee jerk reaction
Apology accepted.

Myth: "the copyright law is a little hazy on this stuff"

No offense, but having no experience with copyright law, you don't know what you're talking about. The copyright law is quite clear in Canada. When you accept money in exchange for copyrighted music (whether it's performed live or recorded), you are contravening Section 41(1)(a) of the Copyright Act not to mention the international Berne Conventions on intellectual property. The artist and the record company have exclusive rights over the reproduction and the composition of a song, which is why radio stations are obligated to pay royalty fees for broadcasting both live and studio recordings. To skirt the issue as being a subject of controversy or a "little hazy" undermines the fact that there are clearly defined boundaries which you have willfully crossed.

If individuals are caught sharing music, the record labels will usually just send out empty threats, unless money is exchanged in the process. This is where smashing0 and Zomb gets themselves into some deep trouble. On Zomb, the access to the copyrighted music through download ratio boosting is contingent on how much money you give to Zomb. Suffice to say, Zomb will boost your ratio level, granting you access to material for which they do not posses the copyright for, if you give them money. By doing this they bypass the artists and their respective record labels and pocket the money/assets. I have repeatedly demonstrated to smashing0 and Zomb that what they are doing is illegal and warrants a criminal investigation.

Opting to ignore my advice, smashing0 has recently advertised on netphoria, requesting hundreds of dollars to set up a server with copyrighted material in this thread.

Last edited by foxtrot2000 : 02-18-2007 at 05:46 PM.