Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2018, 10:59 AM   #361
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

General fan probably does care more about JI than JC. As billy ranted in the asheville doc, fans think Iha wrote songs. JC really doesn’t get the credit he deserves from general public. They can’t fill arenas. They are a 2500-4K venue band and there is really nothing wrong with that. I prefer it.

But I don’t know the economics of it. Maybe it’s who cares if the arena is half empty it’s more tickets. They will def need groupons. But so does arcade fire and a ton of other acts.

Anyway. D’arcy is a bit crazy here. Sounds like she feels very entitled.

Kind of a bummer to learn the whole reunion is just marketing. Some bands were just meant to exist during a finite period of time I guess.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:02 AM   #362
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

it's kind of amazing how he could never for once in his fucking life be straight up and just come out with it. he always talks in mysteries. d'arcy was 100% right about him.

(I've had a wonderful dream to this present day ~)

Old 02-14-2018, 11:03 AM   #363
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Is he talking about the D'Arcy situation in this new Instagram post? Is he trying to supress his anger with spiritual references ('A Course in Miracles') ?
since nobody made a bet I won the betting pool. surprise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
so can we get betting pools started now, for one on the order of his instagram posts:

first the super announcement and then a pic of his hashtag-kid, or the other way around, or anything on that thrown in between?

Old 02-14-2018, 11:05 AM   #364
andrewface
Apocalyptic Poster

where is this Darcy photo?

Old 02-14-2018, 11:06 AM   #365
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

up your ass, if you look hard enough, you find it.

(sorry sorry, I say that totally nice! niceynice, even.)

Old 02-14-2018, 11:06 AM   #366
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

How the emails with Devi Ever didn't get press is beyond me.

Billy:
  • called a trans woman an ugly pig
  • a he/she
  • threatened to punch her lights out
  • threatened sue her into oblivion if she didn't keep her mouth shut

Old 02-14-2018, 11:07 AM   #367
in stereo
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post

Billy called a trans woman:
  • an ugly pig
  • a he/she
  • sue her into oblivion if she didn't keep her mouth shut
This is actually a perfect week to do a new interview with Devi. Paging Buttcannon

Old 02-14-2018, 11:08 AM   #368
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

August. Still plenty of time to sort things out. :-)

Old 02-14-2018, 11:09 AM   #369
sjpaterra
Ownz

guys... we still don't have this photo. I've been a fan for too long, i'm getting old, and this place hasn't generated this much electricity in a long time. It's a miracle i'm still here because this band blows. All kidding aside, as others have said, the photo would provide context. Why the fuck are mods acting like morality police? where are we? the internet or a catholic school?! WE ARE ENTITLED TO INFORMATION!!!

Old 02-14-2018, 11:10 AM   #370
pavementtune

"the mods" is just me in this case, and I have no morals, nor does it matter what I say in any way. if you have any decency is none of my business.

nobody is preventing you from finding that pic. I have not deleted it since it wasn't posted, so I don't "police morals", either. hop along now.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:10 AM   #371
New Art Rioter
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpaterra View Post
guys... we still don't have this photo. I've been a fan for too long, i'm getting old, and this place hasn't generated this much electricity in a long time. It's a miracle i'm still here because this band blows. All kidding aside, as others have said, the photo would provide context. Why the fuck are mods acting like morality police? where are we? the internet or a catholic school?! WE ARE ENTITLED TO INFORMATION!!!
It sounds like only one person screenshotted - it's good if it doesn't get out. I'm sure D'arcy thinks there's enough embarrassing pictures of her online without another getting added to every TMZ style site going

Old 02-14-2018, 11:11 AM   #372
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Thumbs up

Quote:
you're entitled to shit

Old 02-14-2018, 11:12 AM   #373
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
You want the photo? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE PHOTO

Old 02-14-2018, 11:12 AM   #374
sjpaterra
Ownz

Quote:

Billy:
  • a he/she
That story sucked, nothing happened, someone came up with some junk equipment that billy didn't want associated with his holy brand. Devi being a trannny is a non-story, whiny ass bitches just feel the need to drag gender and identity politics into everything. What matters is the here and now... and that d'arcy photo

Old 02-14-2018, 11:12 AM   #375
bigoltitties
Pledge

"Jack Bates feat. the smashing pumpkins"

"I don't masturbate, I Jackurbate"

"Jack Bates > Ghandi"

"I'm here for Jack Bates"

Old 02-14-2018, 11:12 AM   #376
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crepe View Post
I wonder why Melissa has never been considered for 2008/2012/2018
She was considered for 2007, she mentioned there was a brief conversation with them.

After that she retired. She's kinda slowly coming back into the music business now that she owns a music venue/art gallery.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:12 AM   #377
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

Billy:
  • a he/she
As a lawyer myself, I will say that being his lawyer must be an adventure in and of itself. Probably pays well though.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:13 AM   #378
pavementtune

Quote:
Devi being a trannny is a non-story, whiny ass bitches just feel the need to drag gender and identity politics into everything. What matters is the here and now... and that d'arcy photo

oh okay here we go. you realized "trannny" is a slur that will not be displayed on this board and found a way around it. congrats, you added a letter to make you look even worse. I won't police that either but I suggest you fuck off.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:14 AM   #379
sjpaterra
Ownz

Quote:
You want the photo? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE PHOTO
i want to believe i can handle the photo. SOMEONE has it.. share it already

Old 02-14-2018, 11:17 AM   #380
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
whiny ass bitches just feel the need to drag gender and identity politics into everything. What matters is the here and now... and that d'arcy photo
A true Billy Corgan minion.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:17 AM   #381
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
That story sucked, nothing happened, someone came up with some junk equipment that billy didn't want associated with his holy brand. Devi being a trannny is a non-story, whiny ass bitches just feel the need to drag gender and identity politics into everything. What matters is the here and now... and that d'arcy photo
Pretty sure you'll never see that photo.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:19 AM   #382
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
That story sucked, nothing happened, someone came up with some junk equipment
it's actually a REALLY good pedal
but it's not even devi that did the electronics... it was Ken from INFANEM
dude does great stuff http://www.infanem.com/

Old 02-14-2018, 11:21 AM   #383
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Well, I'm done reading it now.

And coming out of it I see a bunch of people, two specifically, who could barely work together when they were younger, who have managed to work out none of their problems and a situation made immeasurably worse by BC once again treating the band like a brand.

She comes off a little scatterbrained to me, but a lot of what she described said has a lot of basis in many, many anecdotes about Bill's behavior that have circulated through the years. This adds a lot of context to the band's history.

Jesus, that bit about her having a miscarriage.

BC definitely tried to get her back in, but on his terms and not hers, and she wouldn't play ball. Same as it ever was.

The original four will never work or tour together again. That's all there is to it.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:22 AM   #384
sjpaterra
Ownz

Quote:
oh okay here we go. you realized "trannny" is a slur that will not be displayed on this board and found a way around it. congrats, you added a letter to make you look even worse. I won't police that either but I suggest you fuck off.
I'm not looking to be a troll or anything, netphoria's been a great source for news, bootlegs, leaks, arms of sheep, monte etc etc. But '******' a slur? I would argue the ****** badge is one that is to be cherished and worn with pride. Transgenedered people seem to believe it's empowering to take control of your preferred pronoun so why do you want to take that away from them. We just want the photo!

*MIC DROP*

Old 02-14-2018, 11:25 AM   #385
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I'm not looking to be a troll or anything, netphoria's been a great source for news, bootlegs, leaks, arms of sheep, monte etc etc. But '******' a slur? I would argue the ****** badge is one that is to be cherished and worn with pride. Transgenedered people seem to believe it's empowering to take control of your preferred pronoun so why do you want to take that away from them. We just want the photo!

*MIC DROP*
See you next Tuesday!

Old 02-14-2018, 11:32 AM   #386
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:

*MIC DROP*
Congrats this is the most straight, mid thirties, cis gendered white male post I read in a while.
And this is netphoria...

Old 02-14-2018, 11:33 AM   #387
pavementtune

sjpaterra, not the right place for any of this, but - deviever can refer to herself in whichever way she pleases. nobody took that away from her.

just as I can refer to myself as kike cunt if I want to.

for you, however, the option to assign slurs to someone else is a tiny bit limited on this site. to****. I think you can live with that without bullcrapping about empowerment of someone else.

you can? great. moving on.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:35 AM   #388
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
since nobody made a bet I won the betting pool. surprise!
it's as if you don't have any internet friends who have little kids.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:36 AM   #389
in stereo
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Congrats this is the most straight, mid thirties, cis gendered white male post I read in a while.
And this is netphoria...
He made some snide remark about D'arcy's lip injections too. The guy is a trump supporting cis white male, guaranteed. He's the kind of fucked up person who unironically enjoys Run2Me.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:36 AM   #390
pavementtune

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
it's as if you don't have any internet friends who have little kids.

I do. I also work with high profile career people who do.

somehow I have never seen them turning their kid into a hashtag brand on instagram. I don't know Beyonce personally nor do I follow the accounts who brand their children. #AugustusJuppiter