Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2010, 03:24 PM   #91
Eulogy
huh

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel redman View Post
god, slunken is absolutely correct. it's refreshing to hear someone else have the correct viewpoint on rap
yeah you also think football is just "thugs running into each other" so i'm not sure you have any authority here.

And slunken, my point was that every single type of relatively popular music promotes drug use and "shallow values," you dolt.

And to imply that "the system" isn't racist is also laughable. But whatever. You and samuel redman can get together and hate black people and think that rap is inherently worthless because rappers don't generally promote high art like fucking Weezer and Korn or whatever the fuck.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:25 PM   #92
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
Yeah, I already know what the retort is: a list of artistic/intilectual rappers to prove me wrong. Well save it; for every one of those, there's 200 entrepreneur-rappers. That's the reality of the genre.
That's the reality of the music business.

holy shit people, really?

Old 08-30-2010, 03:30 PM   #93
hnibos
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post

So what I'm saying is there are few real artists in rap, only entrepreneurs.
isnt that the case for all art.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:30 PM   #94
hnibos
Braindead

fuck nvm eulogys got it.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:56 PM   #95
samuel redman
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: You're 22 why aren't you free?You're 22 why aren't you free? you're mom and daddy's victory

footballs also bores the snot out of me

Old 08-30-2010, 03:58 PM   #96
samuel redman
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: You're 22 why aren't you free?You're 22 why aren't you free? you're mom and daddy's victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
yeah you also think A is just "thugs running into each other" so i'm not sure you have any authority here.

And slunken, my point was that every single type of relatively popular music promotes drug use and "shallow values," you dolt.

And to imply that "the system" isn't racist is also laughable. But whatever. You and samuel redman can get together and hate black people and think that rap is inherently worthless because rappers don't generally promote high art like fucking Weezer and Korn or whatever the fuck.
but you can't tell me that an army of people (black AND white) who dress and talk and think almost exactly the same due to the rap culture isn't a bad thing? i mean christ, shooting people is cool now because rap condones it. i hate the indie music culture too but really those people are just pussies

Old 08-30-2010, 04:14 PM   #97
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
You and samuel redman can get together and hate black people and think that rap is inherently worthless because rappers don't generally promote high art like fucking Weezer and Korn or whatever the fuck.
Yup, there's that black and white worldview again. That's pretty small-minded of you, Eulogy, to assume that just because I don't personally enjoy hip-hop that I champion bands like Weezer or Korn.

And here I was thinking the "you're either a rocker or a rapper" argument died out when I was in middle school.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:18 PM   #98
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
y
I will agree about pop music and shallow values tho, but that's not the issue here. Dunno about the drug use, tho.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:19 PM   #99
samuel redman
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
I will agree about pop music and shallow values tho, but that's not the issue here.
nobody will understand this point slunken. it's a shame

Old 08-30-2010, 04:19 PM   #100
samuel redman
Apocalyptic Poster

let's all just agree that the vast majority of music makes people insanely stupid

Old 08-30-2010, 04:20 PM   #101
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Yup, there's that black and white worldview again. That's pretty small-minded of you, Eulogy, to assume that just because I don't personally enjoy hip-hop that I champion bands like Weezer or Korn.

And here I was thinking the "you're either a rocker or a rapper" argument died out when I was in middle school.

No, you idiot. You can't paint an entire genre with one brush and then make exceptions for another. If the bad rappers make the entire genre worthless, then bad rockers make the entire genre worthless as well.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:21 PM   #102
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
but you can't tell me that an army of people (black AND white) who dress and talk and think almost exactly the same due to the rap culture isn't a bad thing? i mean christ, shooting people is cool now because rap condones it. i hate the indie music culture too but really those people are just pussies
my god. is this serious?

Old 08-30-2010, 04:21 PM   #103
samuel redman
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
my god. is this serious?
yes. it is 100% valid and the truth too

Old 08-30-2010, 04:22 PM   #104
samuel redman
Apocalyptic Poster

i mean you dont see a bunch of douchebag rockers driving up and ally blasting rock music whilst shooting people. but you do see a bunch of people who listen to rap doing the same thing while blasting music that is talking about shooting people. there's a huge connection here.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:27 PM   #105
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
No, you idiot. You can't paint an entire genre with one brush and then make exceptions for another. If the bad rappers make the entire genre worthless, then bad rockers make the entire genre worthless as well.
No - I'm not making excuses for rockers. In fact I have not once brought up rock music in any of my original arguments. For some reason, though (most likely your small-minded worldview) you keep bringing up rock music like it's some excuse to defend the generally horrible actions of rappers.

Let me break it down in a format you'd be used to: the filler skit.

Me: Rap music is kind of a bad influence and promotes negative actions.
You: Rock music isn't that much better.
Me: Okay. So? That's not the issue at hand.

You can't defend one thing by pointing out that it's not as bad, or is equally as bad, as something else.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:28 PM   #106
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
No - I'm not making excuses for rockers. In fact I have not once brought up rock music in any of my original arguments. For some reason, though (most likely your small-minded worldview) you keep bringing up rock music like it's some excuse to defend the generally horrible actions of rappers.

Let me break it down in a format you'd be used to: the filler skit.

Me: Rap music is kind of a bad influence and promotes negative actions.
You: Rock music isn't that much better.
Me: Okay. So? That's not the issue at hand.
So all music is bad and worthless. That's the only conclusion you can come to without seeming disingenuous/wrong/racist.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:30 PM   #107
samuel redman
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
So all music is bad and worthless. That's the only conclusion you can come to without seeming disingenuous/wrong/racist.
is this serious?

Old 08-30-2010, 04:30 PM   #108
slunken
Virgo

Oh yea I was about to edit in the last line of the skit where you inevitably end up calling me a racist. Good one!

Eulogy: All music = rap or rock

Old 08-30-2010, 04:32 PM   #109
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Oh yea I was about to edit in the last line of the skit where you inevitably end up calling me a racist. Good one!

Eulogy: All music = rap or rock
Please tell me what genres of music you listen to that lack references to drugs or a promotion of "shallow values."

Old 08-30-2010, 04:34 PM   #110
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
i mean you dont see a bunch of douchebag rockers driving up and ally blasting rock music whilst shooting people. but you do see a bunch of people who listen to rap doing the same thing while blasting music that is talking about shooting people. there's a huge connection here.
what the fuck are you talking about

Old 08-30-2010, 04:34 PM   #111
Eulogy
huh

clearly problems of gang violence in inner city ghettos only arose because TI got popular.

you're both idiots.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #112
Eulogy
huh

i guess all the people trying to blame marilyn manson for columbine were spot on, too. my eyes have been opened!

Old 08-30-2010, 04:36 PM   #113
samuel redman
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Please tell me what genres of music you listen to that lack references to drugs or a promotion of "shallow values."
all genres of music talk about it you idiot, but the only "genre" that preaches it and brainwashes people with it is rap. for heavens sake, don't you get it? this is simple and it scares me how people don't see it. people connect with this fucking music because they have nothing, and they see their friends and family doing so. the music talks about "get money, shoot bitches, sell drugs" so people are going to follow it in hopes of achieving the only life they think is attainable, the life they hear about in these rap songs. it's a huge problem.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:37 PM   #114
samuel redman
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
what the fuck are you talking about
are really you this short sighted? it's elementary 1 + 1

Old 08-30-2010, 04:37 PM   #115
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
all genres of music talk about it you idiot, but the only "genre" that preaches it and brainwashes people with it is rap. for heavens sake, don't you get it? this is simple and it scares me how people don't see it. people connect with this fucking music because they have nothing, and they see their friends and family doing so. the music talks about "get money, shoot bitches, sell drugs" so people are going to follow it in hopes of achieving the only life they think is attainable, the life they hear about in these rap songs. it's a huge problem.
Quote:
clearly problems of gang violence in inner city ghettos only arose because TI got popular.

you're both idiots.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:38 PM   #116
samuel redman
Apocalyptic Poster

what the fuck does that mean?

Old 08-30-2010, 04:39 PM   #117
Eulogy
huh

also where are all the recent popular rap tunes that are about shooting people? you guys make it seem like every rap or hip hop song is about random acts of violence. that's simply untrue.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:39 PM   #118
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Quote:
i guess im also racist because i can see the forests for the trees
Oh man oh man. I have to say, my comment does not point a finger at any particular race. Just look at ICP: total meaningless dredge made by white guys, for the purpose of selling this shit to idiots. ICP was asked a question about this, and their answer was something like "We have a warehouse full of ICP merchandise and people wanna buy it... so that's what we do!"

If anything, I was hinting at the socio-economic culture that creates this type of ethos, and that rises above race. White trash can rap too.

And as for the comments about this trend carries over into all forms of music/art--yes, that's true. But it seems that the very nature of rap/hip-hop is exploitation for $$$. It's very design. That's why I say there's a 20-80 split of artists to entrepreneurs. In rock, I'd say it's more 60-40 to artists and entrepreneurs--you just are exposed to that 40% more than the 60%.

Just my opinion.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:39 PM   #119
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
what the fuck does that mean?
it means you're an idiot for blaming gang violence in ghettos on rap music.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:40 PM   #120
samuel redman
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
it means you're an idiot for blaming gang violence in ghettos on rap music.
rap, lack of an education and the lack of a strong figure in a persons life.