Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2017, 08:00 AM   #271
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I've spilled beers in bed, and then even changing the sheets it would smell like beer.

Yuck.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:01 AM   #272
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

You need more practice then

Old 03-29-2017, 08:02 AM   #273
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Teach me, babe.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:18 AM   #274
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

you all need practice. all smelling like tang, vinegar, and beer.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:19 AM   #275
yo soy el mejor

i could teach you, but i'd have to charge

la la la la la

Old 03-29-2017, 08:22 AM   #276
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
I've spilled beers in bed, and then even changing the sheets it would smell like beer.

Yuck.
Once I woke up in the middle of the night safely in my bed (thankfully) after a blackout drinking session, and the smell made me think I'd spilled a beer or ten

But no, it was just me! My poor bod was workin so hard at metabolizing all them drinks that my very skins smelled like a fucken brewpub

Old 03-29-2017, 08:23 AM   #277
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I need all the bed practice I can get.

Old 03-29-2017, 09:36 AM   #278
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Do you know how hotel rooms are cleaned. I get paid by the hour but I get time according to the rooms I've cleaned. Stay over is 15 min. Check out is 30 min. If there's a do not disturb sign i lose that time. if a guest lingers i wait to clean the room, off the clock. oh and after 5 hours of work i get a 30 minute unpaid break. which they work in by subtracting 30 minutes from any hours over five.

if all this makes no sense to you then you are on the right track. wtf. o and out hotel has no elevators. so the poor housewives some in they're fifties have to DRAG loads of soaked towels and dirty bed linen up flights of stairs. i try to help whenever i can but how much can one slow weak clumsy fool do? The poor are treated like shit. And don't get me started on the racism. this one smug cocksucker callef Augustina (a really small dwarfish lady really kind and sweet of about 45 years) a "muchacha".

I wanted to rip his throat out. He's calling a mother and a wife who cleans his toilet to survive a "little girl." Anglosaxon cocksucker. grr.
Yeah, that is shit. I'm sorry.

I still think live-in maids still have it worse....

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...s-in-singapore

Old 03-29-2017, 12:01 PM   #279
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Bringing food to bed is a big no-no.
http://thesceneinto.com/wp-content/u.../Costanza1.jpg

Old 03-29-2017, 12:02 PM   #280
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

I remember being really down one evening many moons ago and eating an entire bag of mini candy bars in bed while I watched SNL re-runs on Comedy Central.

Good times.

Old 03-29-2017, 12:54 PM   #281
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
Hm good advice
yeah i've noticed that A+ students are usually the feebs that will litigate anything less than a 95, they're like the people in D&D games that have to argue every illegal action & negotiate every rule to benefit them. its how they know you're ready for extralegal capitalism.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:31 PM   #282
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I'm an A+ student except that one time in Italian I even though I got 90+ on all tests. I can't bring myself to argue with a teacher about grades though (so I never have). If I get a bad one I just take it as it comes. This is because low self esteem/respect for people just tryna do their jobs

Old 03-29-2017, 01:31 PM   #283
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I can't even use the Italian credits at big girl school

Old 03-29-2017, 01:39 PM   #284
Trotskilicious
Banned

i'm just riffing, i'm sorry

when i got As in scattered semesters i didn't renegotiate anything, i guess thats why i ended up with a ghastly b!

Old 03-29-2017, 01:41 PM   #285
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I could handle a B. I just want to be done

Old 03-29-2017, 01:43 PM   #286
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

One of my current teachers has pushed back a test so much. We're so behind and I am subsequently behind because I'm not good at cramming (like I studied for the test we took a month late in that time to not get confused). Pls no one make fun of me for this. Anyway I'm not gonna give him shit even over that. I'm sure every other student has

Old 03-29-2017, 01:43 PM   #287
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

He's been sick

Old 03-29-2017, 01:46 PM   #288
Elphenor
Braindead

I'm under a whole lot of pressure idk and I'm utterly sleep deprived

Old 03-29-2017, 01:47 PM   #289
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Make some Elph time when you can and take a breather.

Old 03-29-2017, 02:02 PM   #290
Elphenor
Braindead

Don't get me wrong I prefer things this way

Old 03-29-2017, 02:03 PM   #291
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Oh

Old 03-29-2017, 02:06 PM   #292
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
yeah i've noticed that A+ students are usually the feebs that will litigate anything less than a 95, they're like the people in D&D games that have to argue every illegal action & negotiate every rule to benefit them. its how they know you're ready for extralegal capitalism.
not me! but i am communicative with my professors. if i get a bad grade i will ask what material they think i could study for next time.

Old 03-29-2017, 02:27 PM   #293
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I was a straight-A student until this year, and I almost never communicated with profs.

I dunno, with my social anxiety, I find public speaking easier than one-on-one speaking, because it's less intimate and you don't have to make eye contact and shit. So, I participate a lot in class and put my hand up a lot, but I'm not comfortable going to a prof's office and talking about shit.

Profs probably find it weird that I say things in class and then when they approach me personally, I'm all weird and uncomfortable.

Old 03-29-2017, 02:29 PM   #294
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I'm the opposite of that and find it infinitely easier to communicate one on one

Old 03-29-2017, 02:31 PM   #295
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Also, did I mention that I've been put on Wellbutrin? Taking it in addition to the Zoloft, and the doc says that it may be more activating and stimulating than the Zoloft. I've been making progress when it comes to anxiety and mood, but I'm still not functional enough to be productive and get shit done and do anything but refresh Netphoria. It's even getting hard for me to get out of bed these days. Used to get up as soon as the alarm went off. Now I'm all "uggh, 10 more minutes," and then I sleep for another hour and am sometimes late for class.

Too bad we don't expect the effects of the Wellbutrin to be noticeable for at least a few weeks, because it's already the end of the semester. Lol, I like how I was a good student, and then I probably ruined my chances of going to grad school in a single shitty year.

Old 03-29-2017, 02:56 PM   #296
Disco King
Minion of Satan

http://i.imgur.com/wWC8i5a.jpg

Old 03-29-2017, 02:58 PM   #297
yo soy el mejor

we're all so different; it brings a joyful tear to mine eye ;_-

Old 03-29-2017, 03:00 PM   #298
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
the vast majority of the time i get a question wrong i understand why or just didn't know at all in the first place. i just want to understand what i got wrong. and then more than half the time the prof doesn't even go over the test so i don't even know what i got wrong. i don't argue grades and i've gotten plenty of Bs on tests and a couple Cs.

and when it comes to D&D and board games I am definitely not a rule arguer, don't lump me in with those assholes

Old 03-29-2017, 03:02 PM   #299
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Also, did I mention that I've been put on Wellbutrin? Taking it in addition to the Zoloft, and the doc says that it may be more activating and stimulating than the Zoloft. I've been making progress when it comes to anxiety and mood, but I'm still not functional enough to be productive and get shit done and do anything but refresh Netphoria. It's even getting hard for me to get out of bed these days. Used to get up as soon as the alarm went off. Now I'm all "uggh, 10 more minutes," and then I sleep for another hour and am sometimes late for class.

Too bad we don't expect the effects of the Wellbutrin to be noticeable for at least a few weeks, because it's already the end of the semester. Lol, I like how I was a good student, and then I probably ruined my chances of going to grad school in a single shitty year.
wellbutrin made me feel like i was on speed at first, but i was on IRs and you're probably not. of course now i don't "feel" anything when I take it.

also you prob haven't ruined your chances, you'll just have to explain what happened. it can actually be to your benefit. this is not as alarming as your messed up semester but I got an F in general psych when I first took it cause I got sick and it was after the drop period. so the first grade on my transcript is an F in general psych and I can't get it off. it's from 2008 and the rest of my grades don't start again until 2013 but it's still there

Last edited by reprise85 : 03-29-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Old 03-29-2017, 03:11 PM   #300
Trotskilicious
Banned

welbutrin is trash lets be honest

the words "welbutrin helped me" are ones i've never heard