Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2018, 08:06 PM   #211
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

it might not hurt to actually inform yourself about what outlets you consume.

(hated "across the US" is also pretty funny, I have been seeing articles about Infowars for the past 3 years in German, French and English news. they aren't some niche comedy channel, you probably missed it that Infowars got WH press credentials a year ago, while non-alternative-facts media outlets got their credentials revoked. good morning.)

https://www.splcenter.org/search?keyword=Alex+Jones

https://www.splcenter.org/search?keyword=Breitbart

have fun.

Last edited by pavementtune : 03-24-2018 at 08:11 PM.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:15 PM   #212
redbreegull
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I realize he's more popular than ever... I think that's why the mainstream press is doing so much to try and tarnish him... I just remember that the hippies and punks and the liberal types all used to love the guy. I guess he was just more "cool" to like when he was more underground.
...none of those people ever loved alex jones, you're just clueless. yes, he really is that hated across the globe

Old 03-24-2018, 09:31 PM   #213
pinetree
Demi-God

I've never heard of the guy until this thread, the h8rs here will say I'm ignorant, but the reality is, much of adult America doesn't give a fuck about nobodies like this because we're busy working full time and taking care of responsibilities. there's a million talking heads, all preaching to people who already agree with them, and converting no one. it sells ads though

Old 03-24-2018, 10:33 PM   #214
artvase
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
I've never heard of the guy until this thread, the h8rs here will say I'm ignorant, but the reality is, much of adult America doesn't give a fuck about nobodies like this because we're busy working full time and taking care of responsibilities. there's a million talking heads, all preaching to people who already agree with them, and converting no one. it sells ads though
Yeah exactly, O' Reilly, Maddow, Stewart, Colbert, Jones, Beck, Limaugh, Stern, who the fuck has time to listen to these bimbos tell anyone how to think?

Fuck all that

Old 03-24-2018, 10:43 PM   #215
redbreegull
Immortal

he was despised way before the trump connection

Old 03-24-2018, 11:04 PM   #216
redbreegull
Immortal

You know nothing

Old 03-24-2018, 11:27 PM   #217
Shadaloo
Ownz

Location: put those panties back on the line and get the hell out of my yard

I don't remember hearing the guy's name specifically until the whole gay frogs thing happened. Raving dipshit conservative commentators out of the states just kind of blend together when you get so many of them over the years. I think I mistook him for Rush Limbaugh at first.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:48 AM   #218
smashingjj
mother rater

jesus fuck me

Old 03-25-2018, 04:53 AM   #219
smashingjj
mother rater

Quote:
glad your work and responsibilities still allow you some time off to spend here on netphoria though

Old 03-25-2018, 06:45 AM   #220
FoolofaTook
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
jesus fuck me
the saviour is waiting
to enter your "heart"
why won't you let him cum in?
theirs nothing is this world
to keep you apart
what is you answer to him?

Old 03-25-2018, 07:00 AM   #221
Woody
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Perhaps... I'm going back like 2004, 2005 here...

I think as he grew more famous and popular, the hate from the mainstream grew and perhaps it's warped his reputation.. I think that's been by design and is how the mainstream media is trying to pigeonhole him... It seems to be working from what I can tell. But I dunno I have no idea what the youth are into these days, but they certainly don't seem very intellectually curious, at least from what I can tell... Well, they liked Bernie... That's at least something.
Is the mainstream media making him say insane things, rave like a lunatic, breakdown crying “cuz ‘Murica”, and peddle useless pills to gullible fools?

If you’re intellectually curious, Jones isn’t the source of information you go to. Flattering viewers intellect is one of his techniques for hooking the naive.

Old 03-25-2018, 08:00 AM   #222
pinetree
Demi-God

Quote:
glad your work and responsibilities still allow you some time off to spend here on netphoria though
I came here to engage in smashing pumpkins talk, a band I grew up with. that's stimulating to me. brainless news anchors are not stimulating. I check google news everyday for major headlines and local news websites and that's just fine with me. sorry if you can't grasp that concept, or were you just trying to be a dick?

Old 03-25-2018, 11:28 AM   #223
FoolofaTook
Immortal

what if theirs another reason?

Old 03-25-2018, 12:08 PM   #224
smashingjj
mother rater

Quote:
I came here to engage in smashing pumpkins talk, a band I grew up with. that's stimulating to me. brainless news anchors are not stimulating. I check google news everyday for major headlines and local news websites and that's just fine with me. sorry if you can't grasp that concept, or were you just trying to be a dick?
The fact that it got you worked up is a nice extra yes, but i thought it was funny that your excuse for not having heard of Alex Jones was 'guess what, most people don't have time for those things' which isn't the brightest of assumptions and that you rather use your valuable time being 'stimulated' on netphoria.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:13 PM   #225
smashingjj
mother rater

Quote:
I check google news everyday for major headlines and local news websites and that's just fine with me.
This was evident from your posts yes, but maybe it's a good incentive to keep your uninformed opinions on anything vaguely related to politics to yourself?

Old 03-25-2018, 12:29 PM   #226
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I came here to engage in smashing pumpkins talk

were you just trying to be a dick?
This could be Netphoria’s slogan. Welcome.

Old 03-25-2018, 02:35 PM   #227
pinetree
Demi-God

Quote:
This was evident from your posts yes, but maybe it's a good incentive to keep your uninformed opinions on anything vaguely related to politics to yourself?
cute. I don't have time for losers. don't expect me to acknowledge your existence anymore. speak to the wind you condescending piece of garbage.

Old 03-25-2018, 03:22 PM   #228
FoolofaTook
Immortal

152 posts in, pinepee decides to ignore everyone

Old 03-25-2018, 03:28 PM   #229
smashingjj
mother rater

Talking

Quote:
cute. I don't have time for losers. don't expect me to acknowledge your existence anymore. speak to the wind you condescending piece of garbage.
You should try out the ignore function!

Old 03-25-2018, 03:29 PM   #230
pinetree
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
152 posts in, pinepee decides to ignore everyone
not you tho, you need to try harder I guess

Old 03-25-2018, 03:43 PM   #231
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
I realize he's more popular than ever... I think that's why the mainstream press is doing so much to try and tarnish him... I just remember that the hippies and punks and the liberal types all used to love the guy. I guess he was just more "cool" to like when he was more underground.
No, you're right. This was his audience during the Bush years.

If you were an anti-Bush slacker in the Alternative scene talking about UFOs, JFK, and 9/11, chances are you listened to Alex Jones as well. Post Bush...the guy is an absolute fruitcake.

Old 03-25-2018, 03:45 PM   #232
FoolofaTook
Immortal

Quote:
not you tho, you need to try harder I guess

Old 03-25-2018, 06:24 PM   #233
reprise85
modding for justice

Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.

ever heard of sandy hook

Old 03-25-2018, 06:25 PM   #234
reprise85
modding for justice

Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.

Quote:
You should try out the ignore function!
i dont think you can ignore moderators but idk. we can't ignore anyone, it seems.

Old 03-25-2018, 06:43 PM   #235
SlingeroGuitaro
Starbucks addicted minion

Alex realised that Glenn Beck made millions by stealing his schtick. so he ramped it up. Simple as that.

Old 03-25-2018, 06:54 PM   #236
redbreegull
Immortal

Quote:
Yeah, Alex isn't always right about everything, but how is he supposed to be? He does the best with the intel that he gets.
jesus christ you are easily duped

Old 03-25-2018, 07:06 PM   #237
redbreegull
Immortal

Quote:
I always form my own opinions on any news report I read, be it alternative news or mainstream.

Just cause I think Alex is wrong sometimes doesn't mean that a lot of his coverage isn't great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
jesus christ you are easily duped

Old 03-25-2018, 07:28 PM   #238
redbreegull
Immortal

Quote:
Not the case. I like to take in all sorts of different news whether it's liberal, conservative or alternative and then make up my own opinion. It's the only sensible way to stay educated.
and yet somehow you wind up following around lying opportunistic vampiric bullshitters like donald trump and alex jones. they only exist because they need suckers like you

Old 03-25-2018, 08:05 PM   #239
reprise85
modding for justice

Quote:
Yeah, Alex isn't always right about everything, but how is he supposed to be? He does the best with the intel that he gets.
ever heard of a dealbreaker? there are tons of reasons to know AJ is a piece of shit who is purposeful leading people like you on for money/fame... but sandy hook is like a shit test. if you can still support him by saying "he's not always right" after he thinks the whole thing is a hoax and a bunch of children didn't die and harassing the parents of the kids that died, well i guess you can forgive anything

Old 03-25-2018, 08:57 PM   #240
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:

jesus christ man