Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2018, 05:58 PM   #181
slunken
Virgo

yea this stuff isn't fun. i'm here to have fun!

Old 02-23-2018, 05:58 PM   #182
slunken
Virgo

slunken, crackpot pundit, signing off.

back to you, dan.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:15 PM   #183
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

When I was in college at Duquesne like half our basketball team got shot and I considered participating in the open tryouts. But then I was a lazy sack of shit and didn’t bother. WORTH IT.

Old 02-24-2018, 12:21 AM   #184
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
Shapiro is something else

but I don't know if you're just doomed to sillyness by the nature of trying to position as a "conservative intellectual"

great dissecting of the guy in this article: https://static.currentaffairs.org/20...ds-philosopher
This is strange. I quite like Ben Shapiro, actually. I'll do some research of my own, I guess. Dude IS really smart, though. He skipped two grades, got into high school at a very young age, got into UCLA at the age of 16.
It's a good thing he isn't far-right though. He left Breitbart right when Andrew Breitbart died and Steve Bannon joined, he really doesn't like that guy.

Quote:
Shapiro wrote for the Daily Bruin as a 16-year-old undergrad at UCLA. Breitbart eventually hired Shapiro, years later, but died a month after Shapiro came aboard. Under a new boss, Steve Bannon, Breitbart News cozied up to the Trump campaign and to the burgeoning alt-right movement. Shapiro was disgusted by both. The treatment of Fields was his breaking point.

“In my opinion, Steve Bannon is a bully,” he said in a statement at the time, explaining his resignation from Breitbart, “and has sold out Andrew’s mission in order to back another bully, Donald Trump; he has shaped the company into Trump’s personal Pravda.”

Old 02-24-2018, 12:40 AM   #185
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Last edited by MarquisInSpades : 02-24-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Old 02-24-2018, 12:40 AM   #186
buzzard
Apocalyptic Poster

The social chameleon just received its cue to shift again and maximize acceptance.

Old 02-24-2018, 12:52 AM   #187
MarquisInSpades
Banned

"Maximize acceptance"? You're either really fucking daft or I'm too socially inept to understand that this is a joke or something of the sort.
I'm hoping it's the latter.

You do realize I'm making an argument against them, right?

Old 02-24-2018, 06:26 AM   #188
buzzard
Apocalyptic Poster

Hmm, I'm not immediately sure how to respond. I've been all for this guy so far, but am willing to look into the matter and might possibly experience an evolution of opinion that should prove a little more conducive to coming off as anything other than a viscid half-person with nothing interesting to contribute. Like, imagine an invertebrate sociopath following the wikiHow for ingratiation.

[Insert list of reasons why a positive view of him is at least arguably defensible here. Provide evidence. Demonstrate room for compromise; lessen the need to backflip.]

Old 02-24-2018, 09:52 AM   #189
Elphenor
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisInSpades View Post
I quite like Ben Shapiro, actually
ofc you do because you're stupid

Old 02-24-2018, 09:55 AM   #190
Elphenor
Socialphobic

conservatism is not the new counter culture my brain hurts that's so stupid

Old 02-24-2018, 10:05 AM   #191
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Last edited by MarquisInSpades : 02-24-2018 at 11:57 AM.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:24 AM   #192
Elphenor
Socialphobic

say something stupid get called stupid no butthurt

Old 02-24-2018, 10:30 AM   #193
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Okay.
Sorry I called you a bitch.

Did you read the article I posted? I feel like that's a fairer take on his career in general. The one you sent is way too one dimensional tbh, the other one highlights both the pros and cons. Dude has done some stupid shit, yeah.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:32 AM   #194
Elphenor
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisInSpades View Post
Gen Z is one the most conservative generations so far
this is outright false

once you get out of the American 4chan fart bubble you put over your head, the trend is overwhelmingly towards the growing generation being more liberal than the last

Old 02-24-2018, 10:44 AM   #195
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Learn something new every day - I had no idea that you get discounts at a ton of companies if you are an NRA member. how does that make any sense. guess it's a good thing that some of them are dialing back their NRA support now but...

Quote:
Delta and United — two of the largest airlines in the world — have joined a growing list of companies cutting ties with the National Rifle Association amid a growing boycott movement inspired by the Feb. 14 massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School with a legally purchased AR-15 rifle.

Without context, the airlines’ twin announcements on Saturday morning might look trivial: The end of a discount program for NRA members, which few outside the gun rights organization likely knew existed before the boycott efforts.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b9a1758cd3c6

how many discount programs are there in total in the US for NRA members???

Quote:
But because they follow similar announcements by car rental giants Avis, Hertz and Enterprise, the Best Western hotel chain, the global insurance company MetLife, and more than a dozen other corporations that used to contract, partner or otherwise affiliate with the NRA, the airline’s move is the latest victory for the #BoycottNRA movement — and the latest bad omen for a gun rights lobby that had seemed untouchable less than two weeks ago.

Last edited by pavementtune : 02-24-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Old 02-24-2018, 03:02 PM   #196
reprise85
modding for justice

Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.

there were 4 broward sheriff deputies at the scene in parkland that didn't go in the school. they waited for coral springs PD to get there. fucking how many more people contributed to this monumental fuckup

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/polit...ies/index.html

Old 02-24-2018, 03:30 PM   #197
slunken
Virgo

4 now?

last i heard it was just one.

Old 02-24-2018, 04:43 PM   #198
reprise85
modding for justice

Location: I'm surprised you guys are so big on rap, considering it's the most masochistic music of any genre.

yeah, one on scene and 3 others who came on scene while the shooter was still in the building

Old 02-24-2018, 05:03 PM   #199
Disco King
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: "The worst poster on this board by far." -- The worst poster on this board by far

Old 02-24-2018, 09:48 PM   #200
reprise85
modding for justice

why the fuck are you reading infowars

literally saying the kids are actors

Old 02-24-2018, 10:11 PM   #201
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
why the fuck are you reading infowars

literally saying the kids are actors
You'll regret not listening to Alex once interdimensional shapeshifting child molesters take over the world, you'll see

Old 02-24-2018, 10:13 PM   #202
buzzard
Apocalyptic Poster

At least the right-wing's campaign to discredit the FBI means they no longer have to pretend that each successive shooter was actually a team of elite commandos with inexplicably sketchy marksmanship abilities made up for by a real talent for convincing hundreds of eye-witnesses that some alternate universe Brad Renfro did it.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:41 PM   #203
reprise85
modding for justice

did the right become anti law enforcement just since they got on trump's dick or has it been headed this way?

Old 02-24-2018, 11:18 PM   #204
Disco King
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: "The worst poster on this board by far." -- The worst poster on this board by far

It's literally just cuz of Trump.

Conservatives didn't call out US intelligence agencies for being authoritarian institutions and professional liars when the CIA lied about having evidence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq to make the Bush administration's war more palatable. Or when the CIA flooded poor LA minority neighbourhoods with crack. Or when the FBI led a smear campaign against Martin Luther King. Or when the FBI violated the civil liberties of many Arab- and Muslim-Americans. Or when the CIA helped overthrow governments in Ecuador, Guatemala, Congo, etc.

No, it's only now that they're investigating Trump that you have Sean Hannity going on about how the FBI are secret police that could knock down the doors of Americans in the middle of the night. They didn't care when they were doing it to powerless people for decades. But now that they are targeting "their guy" in the civil war amongst U.S. elites, they must be stopped. Even though the case against Trump has been totally by-the-book so far, because they know that they can't get away with the same shit they can when they target powerless people, and any minor slip-up will be used to discredit the case (right-wing media made a fuss about a random FBI agent texting his girlfriend that he doesn't like Trump... as if carrying out your job in an unbiased manner means that you can't have personal opinions like every other citizen does).

Of course, there are elements of the right that have always been anti-intelligence agencies, anti-law enforcement, etc. Mostly the fringe conspiracy right. But they're against them for all the wrong reasons, namely that they think they're controlled by the lizard people or the Jews or whatnot, and not because they are instruments of the corporate-state complex to accomplish all of the shady shit that needs to be done to keep state capitalism alive with plausible deniability for elected leaders. I mean, we even saw with TOC how he would wear his anti-state, anti-law enforcement, anti-spook hat when it suited him, but as soon as some black guy was shot by a cop, the cop was always blameless.

Old 02-24-2018, 11:21 PM   #205
Disco King
Apocalyptic Poster

I always find it funny how the right says that people need guns to protect themselves from the tyranny of the state and police, but there is pretty much no case of conflict between civilians and cops where they don't side with the cops.

Old 03-02-2018, 12:00 PM   #206
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Woah. I thought this was a pisstake.

Old 03-02-2018, 12:03 PM   #207
LaBelle
Minion of Satan

Location: Don't need a metaphor for you to know I'm miserable

Do the cops ever help?

Old 03-03-2018, 10:09 PM   #208
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

They do where I come from

Old 03-03-2018, 10:12 PM   #209
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

And if someone could embed it for me can you? I suck at this antiquated code stuff.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:45 AM   #210
vixnix
Socialphobic

OMG noo zulland