Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2018, 11:42 AM   #31
LaBelle
Minion of Satan
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Don't need a metaphor for you to know I'm miserable
Posts: 9,398
Default

Gaslighting.

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:52 AM   #32
smashingjj
mother rater
 
smashingjj's Avatar
 
Location: calm boy
Posts: 30,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Wow, must be so nice to have a support system where you can say whatever comes to mind no matter how prejudiced and hurtful without having to take any responsibility for it and to be defended and excused for it.
While people who try to stick up for themselves and others who might feel attacked are labeled as the hateful ones.

I'm really jealous of that.
Oh come on, you're letting your political correctness runk amok again. Name ONE thing Fuzzy ever said that was only slightly prejudiced or hurtful. One. I dare you....

 
smashingjj is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 12:17 PM   #33
FlamingGlobes
Minion of Satan
 
FlamingGlobes's Avatar
 
Posts: 9,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Wow, must be so nice to have a support system where you can say whatever comes to mind no matter how prejudiced and hurtful without having to take any responsibility for it and to be defended and excused for it.
While people who try to stick up for themselves and others who might feel attacked are labeled as the hateful ones.

I'm really jealous of that.
I'm always more than happy to call fuzzy out on his shit. It's important to make a distinction between him and the half dozen or so alt-right trolls we've encountered the last few years. You may disagree, but I believe that fuzzy doesn't intend to be such an ignorant asshole all the time. As I've expressed in the past, I don't view him as a lost cause.

Also, if he's suffering, I don't believe casting him off will do anyone any good.

Feel free to disagree, just understand where I'm coming from. I don't support fuzzy's shitty tendencies.

 
FlamingGlobes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 02:36 PM   #34
redbreegull
Immortal
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 27,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
I'm always more than happy to call fuzzy out on his shit. It's important to make a distinction between him and the half dozen or so alt-right trolls we've encountered the last few years. You may disagree, but I believe that fuzzy doesn't intend to be such an ignorant asshole all the time. As I've expressed in the past, I don't view him as a lost cause.

Also, if he's suffering, I don't believe casting him off will do anyone any good.

Feel free to disagree, just understand where I'm coming from. I don't support fuzzy's shitty tendencies.
I see fuzzy as hovering in between not understanding why he is offensive and finally grasping it, then purposely doubling down in order to gain negative attention.

I don't think he's beyond help either tbh, like I have said previously he actually does like to learn and he is interested in worldly things, he's just incredibly misguided... But I sure as shit don't know how to help him at this point. You'll notice that he can have 25 people telling him X is his problem and he will fall over himself trying to change everything but X in order to solve the issue. I think he will only learn through a long and hard process of getting personally fucked by his problems. He definitely is not capable of taking advice. Then again, he's in his 30s and only five and a half so at this rate he might be senescent by the time his sense of social justice has caught up with 2018.

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 03:14 PM   #35
FlamingGlobes
Minion of Satan
 
FlamingGlobes's Avatar
 
Posts: 9,568
Default

Well, my thinking is that hey, if you're struggling, it might help to come here and talk. Even if no one is responding, just getting it out there would make all the difference in the world.

Shitty politics aside, I don't think anyone wants to hear about fuzzy choking to death on his own vomit someday.

 
FlamingGlobes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 03:45 PM   #36
LaBelle
Minion of Satan
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Don't need a metaphor for you to know I'm miserable
Posts: 9,398
Default

I was more trying to point out the dichotomy that some people can come out and say whatever they want and still be met with empathy and acceptance.
While some of those that speak up against it are more likely to be met with ridicule and eyerolls because they "should be more accomodating and understanding" or are being "thin skinned" when they are the ones who are being attacked.

And how I envy the former, because that must be a really good feeling.

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 03:49 PM   #37
LaBelle
Minion of Satan
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Don't need a metaphor for you to know I'm miserable
Posts: 9,398
Default

No one is a lost case and I hold no ill will against fuzzy himself despite disagreeing and taking issue with most of his views.

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:45 PM   #38
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead
 
teh b0lly!!1's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 15,399
Default

i'm glad the fuzzy handle wasn't retired

it just wouldn't be the same with 'Grunge Guy'

 
teh b0lly!!1 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:00 PM   #39
FlamingGlobes
Minion of Satan
 
FlamingGlobes's Avatar
 
Posts: 9,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
I was more trying to point out the dichotomy that some people can come out and say whatever they want and still be met with empathy and acceptance.
While some of those that speak up against it are more likely to be met with ridicule and eyerolls because they "should be more accomodating and understanding" or are being "thin skinned" when they are the ones who are being attacked.

And how I envy the former, because that must be a really good feeling.
I understand what you're saying but don't understand how it applies to me or what I was saying.

Either way, I consider you a friend here and I would never try to deny you your point of view.

 
FlamingGlobes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:24 PM   #40
LaBelle
Minion of Satan
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Don't need a metaphor for you to know I'm miserable
Posts: 9,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
I understand what you're saying but don't understand how it applies to me or what I was saying.

Either way, I consider you a friend here and I would never try to deny you your point of view.
Because when you constantly go "hey fuzzy I am here for you buddy, these other people they just hate you for whatever reason *shruuuuuug*" you are really discrediting the very real reasons people might take issue with him, and it betrays a readiness to dismiss the complaints of others over this guy just because you really like him.

But who cares right? We're just here to have fun, check out the hawt chickz and bro out over bad music!!! He might say hurtful things but it doesn't really matter as long as these things are not about me!!

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:25 PM   #41
LaBelle
Minion of Satan
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Don't need a metaphor for you to know I'm miserable
Posts: 9,398
Default

And whatever, i'm done with this stupid stupid argument. you guys do you. i'll mind my own business.

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:52 PM   #42
Elphenor
Socialphobic
 
Elphenor's Avatar
 
Location: Girlfriend is Better
Posts: 13,804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
just stay on reddit, fuzzy
.

 
Elphenor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:14 AM   #43
FlamingGlobes
Minion of Satan
 
FlamingGlobes's Avatar
 
Posts: 9,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Because when you constantly go "hey fuzzy I am here for you buddy, these other people they just hate you for whatever reason *shruuuuuug*" you are really discrediting the very real reasons people might take issue with him, and it betrays a readiness to dismiss the complaints of others over this guy just because you really like him.

But who cares right? We're just here to have fun, check out the hawt chickz and bro out over bad music!!! He might say hurtful things but it doesn't really matter as long as these things are not about me!!
Again, you're entitled to your opinion here but I think you're grossly misunderstanding where I am coming from.

I don't think it's worth arguing about at this point, as we've all gone around in circles on this matter so much, just try to understand that just because I show compassion towards your enemy does not make you my enemy. It also doesn't make fuzzy my bro.

 
FlamingGlobes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:47 AM   #44
FoolofaTook
Immortal
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: in your father
Posts: 20,502
Default

lol caic neg repped again after 24 hrs


 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:47 AM   #45
FoolofaTook
Immortal
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: in your father
Posts: 20,502
Default

IF YOU DON"T STOP POSTING ABOUT GETTING NEG REP WE WILL NEG REP YOU TO DEATH

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5X LP Siddartha release T&T Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion 759 04-08-2018 02:39 AM
So when is Jimmy coming back? Elphenor Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion 36 03-08-2018 10:35 PM
shit fuckers can type! sickbadthing General Chat Message Board 51 04-25-2017 02:26 PM
Questions and/or Answer You want to know but probably will know ScrotumSprite Music Board Archive 10 03-17-2011 08:29 AM
translationparty.com redbull General Chat Archive 64 08-21-2009 01:15 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2014